Mars 2 LED Beginners Grow - FFOF - DWC

Me too! Me too! She is beautiful!

haha thank you very much sir :thanks: i do love the colors that the cannabis plant makes!!

and one last announcement today actually, i will still be using soil to grow some plants next round and picked up my bag.

I will be using Fox Farms Coco Loco for most of the grow with the happy frog for the first 2-3 weeks of there lives. still not sure what strains i will be growing but i want to have them in soil before i pull my last plant (probably be the Dreamwalker as last time she was a very long flower time)

and finally this is the veg tent that i put into flower. i only have a mars 48x3 reflector light, there old model UFO and a 4' 4 bulb T5 in the room right now but will be removing the 48x3 reflector out and placing my mars2 900 in there with the UFO and T5 so it'll be a combined 700+ watts in my 4x4 so im very excited to see how these ladys do. all the plants in my 4'x2'x5' and the plants in the 4'x4' have been under 12/12 lighting cycle for 2 weeks 5 days.

so the 2 plants in the back are clones of my Kosher Kush in 3 gallon pots with FFoF with added perlite.

the 2 plants in the front are the dreamwalker seeds i planted when i took the second run of clones and are in 5 gallon pots also with FFoF with added perlite. all the plants are on a water, water, feed schedule but really i just watch to make sure i dont see any deficencys. i am using the last of my General Organics Go Box nutes minus the bio marine as i used that up, and i use them at 1/2 strength for right now.

Kosher Kush plants

Dream walker plants

Last time i went to see the girlfriend in the hospital (thanx for the good vibes) i got a bite to eat and ran into a nice little place. actually tried a peanut butter and jelly porter called "Hot 4 Teachers Lunch Porter" haha

I love a good porter, and that name is quite clever! How was it?

it tasted like a PB&j actually haha, it started with a pronounced penut butter flavor and ended with a fruity strawberry jelly note. not alot of porter in there but im guessing its more of a novelty if anything. not something i would order often but def a must do

Hey Arellanobrian, Ladies are looking good. I also grow in coco/ perl 75=25, Have you had any problems With the GO BOX Organic, I used it my first grow in soil and it grew some good bud, But now I am growing in coco. I have used Ph perfect 1 grow and flora nova bloom 1 grow, Go Box organics was the best tasting bud I have grown and smooth. Any little tricks in coco with go box, what ppm was you running, was you ph-ing nute mixter if so what did you use, little worried about standard ph solution and organic nutes. I will probably start a journal, as my seeds just poped yesterday, 4 Blue amnesia autos. Harvesting 7 bruce banners this weekend. I appreciate any advice. I also use mars lights

Hey Arellanobrian, Ladies are looking good. I also grow in coco/ perl 75=25, Have you had any problems With the GO BOX Organic, I used it my first grow in soil and it grew some good bud, But now I am growing in coco. I have used Ph perfect 1 grow and flora nova bloom 1 grow, Go Box organics was the best tasting bud I have grown and smooth. Any little tricks in coco with go box, what ppm was you running, was you ph-ing nute mixter if so what did you use, little worried about standard ph solution and organic nutes. I will probably start a journal, as my seeds just poped yesterday, 4 Blue amnesia autos. Harvesting 7 bruce banners this weekend. I appreciate any advice. I also use mars lights

Thank you for stopping my densenug and im glad you decided to grow in coco!! i fell that it is a great growing medium as it forgiving, can be organic, is almost impossible to over water and is much more involved without being intimidating like trying to mix your own organic soil and learning about different microbes (full organics is awesome just not for everyone)

I ran the general organics go box with great success and will always keep them in mind as they did produce amazing smells in this grow and the yield looks like they will end up being nice with some of the frostiest buds i've seen. i don't currently have a TDS meter to test my PPM but i did use the go box at full strength throughout the grow (every other day feed in veg and everyday in flower) with starting at 5 ml per gallon of the biomarine and upped that all the way to 10 ml for flower weeks 3-6 and stopped the last 2 weeks but continued with the other nutes until the last 3 days. I did PH my water throughout the grow between 5.5-5.8 but have done some research and will be changing that to 6.0 for the whole grow as it will help with the Mag def you may run into from the coco and led so i would keep ph at 5.8 at the most. and last bit of advice, coco doesn't hold on to nutes much so i would give a full flush only 2-3 times throughout the grow and you only have to use the same amount of water as pot size (5 gallon of water for 5 gallon pot) i usually do one a week or two before switching to 12/12 and one 3-4 weeks in to flower and i did not do the second flush this grow as it was too difficult under the scrog.

i actually did use the general hydro PH up and down witch is not organic, i have read that using a combo of organic and synthetic nutes works well but i have no experience with that.

so in conclusion organics should provide a more flavorful and tasty end product that will be smoother. if you are going to up any up the nutes i would start off with the biomarine first unless its a specific deficiency you can identify of course. and i mix my nutes everyday and PH to as close to 5.8 as possible but you should mix a batch of nutes and test PH 24 hrs later to see if you get much of a PH increase and go from there.

i hope some of this info helps and i would love to follow your grow if you post it on my thread ill sub and give any advice i can. :Namaste:

ok so whats porter?

There is actually a lot of debate with exactly what a porter is but a loose definition of the style would be a dark ale usually brewed with brown malt and NEVER with roasted barley or roasted malt (which is what a stout has to add the roasted flavor) and will usually have a big malty flavor without any of the burnt or roast y character :volcano-smiley:

there is actually a coconut porter from maui brewing company that is amazing and you might be able to find over there, one of the best porters ive ever had and that says something since it was brewed so far away :Namaste:

Thank you Arellanobrian, Lot of good info

No worries man, i hope your coco grow goes as planned and i would love to follow you plants adventure whenever you decide to start your journal :Namaste:

cool I learned something new :thumb:

i always feel that if i dont learn something new then i wasted a day :Namaste: cheers mr hemphog ill be stopping by your jounal to see you ladys

Week 19 update

so i finally trimmed the kosher kush and golden goat plants but still havent weighed them as i feel they will still loose a little weight during the cure and want to give an honest number but i feel the 4-5 OZ if very resonable and even 6 isnt out of the question.

some trim shots
DSCN05046.JPG
DSCN05055.JPG
WP_0006931.jpg
WP_0006951.jpg

Kosher kush buds (Big buds on the right, medium buds middle-right, fluffy larf middle-left and trim left)
WP_000696.jpg

Golden goat buds (big right, medium middle, trim right)
WP_0006971.jpg

both plants
WP_0006981.jpg

Back
Top Bottom