Mykl's Tiny Solo Hydro - Blue Cheese 2013

Re: Mykl's Tiny "Solo" Hydro - Blue Cheese '13

It started flowering on day 54 which was about 24 days after switching it. By the sounds of it, I switched too early or was administering too much Nitrogen...

m

Day 68. Blossoms are about the size of a nickel. Mesmerizing to look at. Roots have grown down through the growing medium now and the root ball is about the size of a cantaloupe.

Day68.png

Just wanted to record that it's 37 days since switching to 12/12 and 16 days since switching to 11/13. So the 50th day of short days will fall on Thursday August 15th.

Another flower picture. Trichomes clearly visible now. Blossom is nearing the size of a .25 cent piece.

Day74.png

Day 79 of grow, day 48 of flowering. Flowers now slightly bigger than a quarter. Changed water reservoir completely for clean water to flush for a week or so. Might be rushing things, but I want to harvest when only about 25% of the pistils are amber.

Day79.png

Can anyone tell me, I've been reading that this strain is best harvested at about 9 weeks. I've already stopped all nutrients and have begun a flush-- it's exactly the 7 week mark. Is this too early to flush?-- i.e. is 2 more weeks with no nutrients going to be ok?

Day80a.png

Day80b.png

you need a 30x jewelers loupe to see the trichomes and judge when to harvest. most people harvest from 5%-30% amber trichomes. harvest at 5%-15% amber trichomes for a "head high" energetic effect and harvest at 30%-50% amber trichomes for a "body stone" sedative effect strain dependent. you may be harvesting early it looks like your plant has more growing to do.

https://www.google.com search 30x jewelers loupe

Hey KingJohnC,

Thanks for that, but do you mean amber trichomes or pistils? That is, will the tiny little trichomes turn amber independently from the entire pistil?

m

Day 88, 57 days of 11/13 light.

This is a small flower from near the bottom of the plant. Most of the other ones toward the top don't seem to be getting much larger. I've cut a few of these lower/smaller flowers and quick-dried them under a fan in a cool place. They smell and taste delicious-- reminiscent of black grapes and the buzz is light, clear and fantastic.

Day882.JPG

Day 91, 60 days on 13/11 light.

Didn't want to wait much longer, so I harvested. The buds certainly aren't the biggest I've seen, but they smell fantastic-- like berries.

Day91.png

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here:
Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom