Mystery Seed's 400W LED Grow Journal - ScrOG - 2'x2'x5' Tent

loving the hairs on the buds man!! and that camera is awesome, some really detailed pics

loving the hairs on the buds man!! and that camera is awesome, some really detailed pics

When harvest time comes, I'll probably pull out the tripod and drop the camera's ISO to get some really detailed close-ups.

When harvest time comes, I'll probably pull out the tripod and drop the camera's ISO to get some really detailed close-ups.

I wish I knew more about cameras, I just today learned about macro setting to take bud pics haha what does ISO stand for?

Camera ISO Settings

What does ISO stand for?

It is the short name (not an acronym) for the International Organization for Standardization, but it refers to the film speed (in older cameras) or the light sensitivity of digital camera sensors. The higher the ISO number, the more sensitive the digital sensor is to light. If you're in a low-light situation, then you want a little higher number say 1600 and up because it allows the camera to take a decent photo with less light. In daylight conditions, an ISO of 100-400 is preferred since there is plenty of light.

Light requirements adjusted for, an ISO number of 3200 will produce a much grainier and low-quality photo than an ISO of 100. Think of the original Mona Lisa as a photo taken with an ISO of 100, then imagine a street artist painting the Mona Lisa in 30-minutes as an ISO of 3200. The original took longer, but the quality is far superior to the 30-minute version painted on the spot.

Here is a helpful link if you want a more detailed explanation with examples: Understanding ISO for Beginners - Photography Basics

Damn I found this way to late..... better late then never I do suppose. Excited to see what this set up produces. Great setup and system!!!

Glad to have you along... the fun is just beginning! :cheer:

Update Flower Day 14 - The clones have roots!

Day 81 - Flower Day 14

The big news is that some of my clones have sprouted roots! I plan to leave them all in their current cups of perlite for another week or until I start to see some new growth up above. To note, I dropped my 32w CFL from 24" down to 12-16" away from the clones.

I defoliated all the plants in my tent to let those lower buds get more light. Bubblelicious #1 and #3 still have mostly clear or milky trichomes, so I'll let them continue to flower for another couple of weeks before pulling them to make room for the ever-growing Papayas. After 14-days, there is no mistaking that those Papayas are sensimilla.

Anyway, the proof:

{Day 81 - Flower Day 14}All the pretty clones. The root photos are from a Papaya #1 clone. (June 13th, 2015)
IMG_68966.JPG

IMG_68955.JPG

IMG_68913.JPG
IMG_68926.JPG
IMG_68996.JPG

{Day 81 - Flower Day 14}Before and after some defoliation. (June 13th, 2015)
IMG_68654.JPG
IMG_68664.JPG

{Day 81 - Flower Day 14}Papaya #2 (June 13th, 2015)
IMG_68691.JPG
IMG_68682.JPG
IMG_68702.JPG

{Day 81 - Flower Day 14}Papaya #1 (June 13th, 2015)
IMG_68713.JPG
IMG_68732.JPG

{Day 81 - Flower Day 14}Bubblelicious #1 bud shots. (June 13th, 2015)
IMG_68792.JPG
IMG_68782.JPG

{Day 81 - Flower Day 14}Bubblelicious #3 bud shots. (June 13th, 2015)
IMG_68802.JPG
IMG_68823.JPG

{Day 81 - Flower Day 14}A final shot of my tent. I raised Bubblelicious #1 and #3 so they are closer to the LEDs. (June 13th, 2015)
IMG_68843.JPG

Goodnight and good luck!
:Namaste:

Oooo, those Bubblelicious look incredible. Loving all the color in them. Your tent looks amazing MysterySeeds.:thumb:

What did you use for your clones?

Cloning is easy. Here is what I did:

Materials Needed

• Sharp scissors.
  • Shot glass
  • Solo cups
  • Razor blade
  • Rapid Rooters, Jiffy pellets, or Rockwool
  • Small bag of Perlite
  • Clonex Rooting Gel, Miracle Grow Fast Root, or a similar rooting compound
  • Bottle of distilled water

Instructions

1. Choose several lower branches from which to take clones. The stems should be 3mm or larger and the leaves should look healthy.
  2. Use scissors to cut the stem at a 45-degree angle about 4-6" from the top leaves. Trim off any lower leaves and nip the tips off of the upper leaves. This will encourage the clone to focus it's energy into making roots instead of growing leaves.
  3. Put the clones into a Solo cup filled with 2" of distilled water.
  4. Place the clones under the canopy of the mother to soak for 24-hours.
  5. To make rooting cups, fill each Solo cup with 1" of perlite, place a Rapid Rooter in the cup, add perlite to fill in the gaps around the Rapid Rooter, and then add 1/4 cup of distilled water.
  6. After the clones have soaked for 24-hours, filled a shot glass half full with rooting compound and pour a little rooting compound into the hole of each Rapid Rooter.
  7. Dip the razor blade in rooting compound and then lightly scrape the bottom 1.5" of each clone stem.
  8. Dip the clones in rooting compound, then place each clone into a Rapid Rooter.
  9. Lightly water each clone.
  10. Place the clones 1-2' under a low-intensity light and wait for roots.

Roots normally start appearing 1-3 weeks after cutting the clones. It's really just a waiting game at this point. Try to keep the temperature between 65-80'F and the relative humidity over 50%. If the leaves start to look dry, spray the top and bottom of the leaves with distilled water several times daily. If the rapid rooters start to dry out, add 1/4 cup of water. You can leave the clones in these cups for a month or more before transplanting them into soil or a hydroponics system.

My setup and clones:

IMG_67654.JPG

After placing the clones in the Rapid Rootes with Clonex.
IMG_67787.JPG
IMG_67836.JPG

14-days after placing the clone in a Rapid Rooter.
IMG_68913.JPG

Most of the clones have rooted, but I'll keep them in the rooting cups for another week or so until I'm ready to transplant them into soil.
IMG_68966.JPG

Update Flower Day 18 - Clones go High Brix

Day 85 - Flower Day 18

The Papayas are budding, the Bubblelicious are bulking, and the clones went High Brix.

{Day 85 - Flower 18}Group shot of the tent. (June 17th, 2015)
IMG_69025.JPG

{Day 85 - Flower 18}Bud shots from Papaya #1, Papaya #2, Bubblelicious #1, and Bubblelicious #3 respectively. (June 17th, 2015)
IMG_69046.JPG
IMG_69037.JPG
IMG_69078.JPG
IMG_69084.JPG

{Day 85 - Flower 18}Clones and their roots. I noticed that the smaller the stem, the less roots the clone had grown. Not sure if this is correlated or just a coincidence. (June 17th, 2015)
IMG_69154.JPG
IMG_69163.JPG
IMG_69106.JPG
IMG_69116.JPG
IMG_69176.JPG

{Day 85 - Flower 18}After knocking off most of the perlite from the roots, I added an inch or two of soil to each Solo cup, sprinkled the soil and roots with Doc Bud's Roots, and then transplanted the clones into the cups filling around the clones with Doc Bud's High Brix soil mix. (June 17th, 2015)
IMG_69136.JPG

IMG_69185.JPG

IMG_69226.JPG

{Day 85 - Flower 18}All of the clones except the Bubblelicious clone were transplanted into High Brix soil. Now all I have to do is follow Doc's directions and voila! High Brix Bud! (June 17th, 2015)
IMG_69213.JPG

{Day 85 - Flower 18}Since I took a couple of clones the 2nd day of 12/12 light, I think I may have a potential "monster cropper" on my hand. I hope... I hope... I hope... (June 17th, 2015)
IMG_69244.JPG

Thanks for stopping by!
:Namaste:

Im loving the close ups man!! the one with the purple tip is my favorit!! :circle-of-love:

and cloning is easy, ppl get at least 50% success with no cloning solution. ive always used the techifora rooting gel.

Update Flower 23 - The ScrOG is in!

Day 90 - Flower Day 23
A little behind schedule, but the ScrOG is in! I did a little shuffling of the tent and lowered the CFLs below the canopy for a little under-lighting. Hopefully that will plump up the popcorn nugs... I have a soft spot for the little guys.

Bubbalicious #1 and #2 are chugging right along. It's been 3-months since I planted those little baby seeds, and I think it's getting to be about time to chop those babies down! Okay, maybe not yet. A good two-week flush is in order before harvest. Should be dry in-time to submit for next months NOTM. No grandiose plants of victory, but a solid vote or two would boost moral for next grow.

The clones, which I will take pictures of next time, are taking well to the high brix soil. They are now under 24-hour CFL lighting with 12-hours of LED light each day. Two clones are on the deck getting acclimated to the great outdoors because that's were they're gonna spend the rest of their lives.

Anyway, the proof:

{Day 90 - Flower 23}Before and after installing the ScrOG. (June 22nd)
IMG_69573.JPG
IMG_69673.JPG
IMG_69683.JPG

{Day 90 - Flower 23}The Papayas are developing some nice buds. I can't wait until they start bulking up. (June 22nd)
IMG_69635.JPG
IMG_69625.JPG
IMG_69644.JPG

{Day 90 - Flower 23}Bubblelicious #1 is so pretty... and very stinky. I may have to break down and buy an in-line fan and carbon filter so my landlord doesn't put up a fuss over the smell. (June 22nd)
IMG_69584.JPG
IMG_69595.JPG
IMG_69603.JPG

{Day 90 - Flower 23}With under-lighting added. (June 22nd)
IMG_69695.JPG
IMG_69772.JPG

After harvesting the Bubblelicious in two-weeks, I plan to lower the ScrOG so I can really spread those Papaya colas out to soak up the light. Otherwise, it's just Doc Bud's Tea, Energy, Transplant, and foliar spray until harvest.

That's all for today. Keep on the sunny side. :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom