New Grower Bag Seed

greensmurf

This is my first grow trying out bag seed if it works I will buy myself some white widow. I remember smoking that stuff 12 years ago and it was amazing. I just don't want to buy them and kill them. So any help you give would be. :welcome:

Box is 2x2x6.
Light is CFL.
Soil is ffof

Here are some pics.

purple_day_18.jpg

4_day_14.jpg

3_day_14.jpg

20121202_174804.jpg

20121201_140836.jpg

20121201_125746.jpg

Let me know what you think.

Re: New grower bagseed

If I want to get about 4 oz per plant how long should I let them veg?

I guess the better question is how can my plant reach its full potential?

Day 20 :thumb:

From little sprouts til now it feels like it's been forever. Going to be another 25-30 days til flower.
Going to be doing some work to the closet. I was thinking insulation (the thin foam type with the silver backing)
I figured it could control temp and be reflective. I also need to cut a vent and exhaust hole at the moment I have a
fan and the door cracked open.

Pictures will be up soon.:allgood:

So here are the four kids. #1 had too much to drink and woke up looking hungover.

1_day_20.jpg

2_day_20.jpg

3_day_20.jpg

4_day_20.jpg

Hey GS. Plants are looking good. Instead of focusing on how to get each plant to produce as much as it can focus on using your space & lighting as efficiently as you can. Basically with that kind of light what you want to do is pack your box wall to wall with a dense but thin layer of foliage. I'd either use allot of small plants like you have now & do a sea of green or you could just keep your strongest plant, and lst it into a short but bushy plant. Also i notice you have foil to reflect your light. If you use flat white spray paint in your box that'll work allot better.

Today I checked in on the kids and gave them some water.
I noticed that on #1 there was some damage to only one leaf looks like nute burn splashed when watering.
#'s 2-4 look great especially #2 & 3. They are growing nice and fast new growth everyday!
I haven't seen much growth in # 1 & 4 since making more room in their pots. I made a rookie error when
filling the bottom of each with too much clay rocks for drainage. They should all have enough room for their
veg cycle now.

Pics will be up soon.

Day 23 pics.

#1 what I suspect to be a little nute burn from watering. Its only on this one leaf.

1_day_23.jpg

2_day_23.jpg

3_day_23.jpg

4_day_23.jpg

Group shots

group_day_23_pic2.jpg

group_day_23.jpg

Well it's day 26. The plants are growing fast.
#1 is not looking so good bottom leaves are dying but it's still growing new leaves on top.
I think I was too rough In transplanting.

Day 29
#1 looks like it's on its way out. I refuse to give up on it. The other 3 are doing well.
Pics will be up soon.

Hey GS.
To get the most out of your space, you're going to have to apply some LST and topping techniques.
If your space is only 2 feet by 2 feet by 6 feet tall, you're only going to be able to fit maybe 2 plants MAX in there unless you do 2LT hempies or bud early..
Like "theclosetfarm"said, I'd be focusing on getting your ventilation dialed in before planning on how much you're going to yield. Do some research.. Start with the basics, set it up right from the start, then you won't be freaking out later when trying to make them happy.
If I was you, I'd pick the strongest of all of them. (after culling the males of course.) And plant it in a 5-10 gallon pot. grow it out training with LST, then scrog it. You'll be able to maximize you space to the fullest and get a pretty good first harvest..
And just wondering why you're getting nute burn already?
I wouldn't be feeding them any nutes yet, just PH'd water..

I like how you've already got holes drilled in your pots for when it's LST time..
:thumb:

My game plan was to have these 4 plants LST'd, each in their own 1sq ft area.
I was feeding them nutes way too early. (Bad info received through someones journal I was reading.)
So I bought all the nutes I need for veg and flower. I was going to start with this schedule when the time is right.

20121201_1258401.jpg

Amount per gallon of water

Thanks for the input it's nice to know people are out here to help.

Hey green smurf.
Looking good for first grow. couple of tips if you dont mind. First listen to Vick , he got you covered here. Second, you dont need to be feeding any seedling in soil for first few weeks which in that time you will prob repot to a new mix anyway taking it through another 2 week veg anyway. 1 lesson i learnt painfully is that good soil mixes need no nutes until first stretch and do more than OK on just water alone. Maybe a tiny organic root stimulant once or twice is good but a BIG noob mistake is overcare.

If the green and growing , leave them and only water when needed!! They will love you for this and when they get nute deff you will know they are hungry and not have a Ph or over feed prob as you havent fed yet. Start super simple and work up once you fully understand organics and it couldnt be easier.

Still learning myself so i thought 3 year of my corrections might save you some time. Always remember less is more :goodjob:

So I'm wondering when should I start to raise my light? My plants are 36 days old since sprouts.
They seem to dwarf other plants I've seen on other journals. Wondering if it's because of the height of the lights.

Hey Smurf,
Light height def plays a role in dwarfing plants.
Plus you are using a CFL bulb, so getting maximum penetration requires them to be close to plants which in turn keep them short and bushy with not much internode spacing.. Most people like this though, the tighter the internodal distance the more sites they'll have when they get taller. Also when flipping to 12/12 the stretch with lengthen this internode distance considerably.
Maybe raise your light a bit, and now is the time you should be thinking of topping or training if you're going to go that route.

Happy Holidaze!!:):rollit:

Hey Smurf,
Light height def plays a role in dwarfing plants.
Plus you are using a CFL bulb, so getting maximum penetration requires them to be close to plants which in turn keep them short and bushy with not much internode spacing.. Most people like this though, the tighter the internodal distance the more sites they'll have when they get taller. Also when flipping to 12/12 the stretch with lengthen this internode distance considerably.
Maybe raise your light a bit, and now is the time you should be thinking of topping or training if you're going to go that route.

Happy Holidaze!!:):rollit:

So I gave what you said some thought and did some LST. I have 2 healthy plants and 1recovering plant.
Not sure on sex yet. if i happen to get a female then I will clone so l have a 2nd generation.

Pics will be up soon.

Looking good so far!!Glad you decided to LST.
If you were to top that main shoot, you'll get four come out then top them then top them and so on..
Before you know it, you'll have a bush that will give you plenty of clones!
I'd drill holes all the way around the top of your pots, then you'll have anchor spots ready for tying to.
Maybe pick up some pipe cleaners at a local dollar store.
They're much more gentle on the delicate stems than wire.
Pull those yellow dying leaves, they're just leeching energy, plus they're not going to come back to life, so they've done their job..
Try to remember to let the soil dry right out before re watering. You'll notice that they're most happiest just before drying out.
I'd say you're probably safe to start feeding nutes at say 1/4 strengh.

keep up the good work!
:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom