First Time Grower - Outdoors - Bag Seeds

Yeah you'll want to pick off those dead calyxes, they can actually have the potential to germinate mold spores on them, which could potentially lead to stem rot. So I always pick them off (they come off easily), they have nothing to do with the developing bud other than sex indication :thumb:

Yeah you'll want to pick off those dead calyxes, they can actually have the potential to germinate mold spores on them, which could potentially lead to stem rot. So I always pick them off (they come off easily), they have nothing to do with the developing bud other than sex indication :thumb:

Awesome, thank you so much I'll be sure to get them off!

I have encountered a crisis, just about an hour ago it started pouring down rain I made it out there as quickly as possible but my girls were already soaked I have a fan blowing on them now but I can tell that the buds have definitely soaked up some water they're really weighed down. What to do what to do? Lady #1 I believe should be fine considering her less compact bud structure lady #2 on the other hand is about as compact and dense as possible. Should I harvest the thicker heavier buds to prevent bud rot?

I have encountered a crisis, just about an hour ago it started pouring down rain I made it out there as quickly as possible but my girls were already soaked I have a fan blowing on them now but I can tell that the buds have definitely soaked up some water they're really weighed down. What to do what to do? Lady #1 I believe should be fine considering her less compact bud structure lady #2 on the other hand is about as compact and dense as possible. Should I harvest the thicker heavier buds to prevent bud rot?

Depending on how prolonged the rain events are - this might be something to consider if the bud will render a usable product.

It's not guaranteed to rot, but the probability has increased. If the Sun comes out and the weather clears overnight you should be ok. Definitely stake the buds up if their leaning over and constantly "jiggle the stems" of the plants to get off excess water droplets.

1 rain event doesn't ruin everything, infact, it is possible that this is a blessing in disguise, cleaning and cleansing all of your plants essentially giving you a free bud wash. So, depends on the extent and prolonged rain periods, if it goes on for longer than a couple days I would be starting to consider pulling some flowers to get what you can before potential spoilage.

Good luck, hope it clears up with Sun and fresh breeze tomorrow morning :Namaste: Keep jiggling the stems :cheer:

Good morning guys and gals! Today makes 8 weeks of flowering, after yesterday's rain things seem to be OK the buds dried off nicely I think. I am seriously considering only harvesting the top portion of my plants when it's time, the lower bud sites definitely have some room for improvement. I have a few new pictures of the girls and some trichome pics let me know what y'all think!

Thank You,
APD

Lady #1
0807160745a.jpg
0807160743.jpg
0807160749a.jpg

Lady #2
0807160746.jpg
0807160742a.jpg
0807160748.jpg

Trichomes
0805161511.jpg
0805161512.jpg
0805161521_HDR.jpg
0805161524.jpg
0805161524b.jpg
0805161524c.jpg

Good afternoon! Today makes 9 weeks of flowering for my ladies, both of the girls have started yellowing quite nicely in the last week and put on some significant weight. Both of the girls were fed yesterday morning, usually after a feeding by the next morning you'll be able to see lots of new pistils poking out all over, not so much this morning though, and after checking trichomes today I'm quite certain we're really close to harvest time but as usual I'll let all y'all pros decide :high-five: pictures!

Lady #1
0814161457a.jpg
0814161503.jpg
0814161503b.jpg
0814161504.jpg
0814161504a.jpg
0814161504b.jpg

Lady #2
0814161457.jpg
0814161457b.jpg
0814161458.jpg
0814161458a.jpg
0814161459.jpg
0814161502a.jpg
0814161500.jpg
0814161500a.jpg

0814161501.jpg

Also can anyone see how incredibly golden lady #2's sugar leaves are I'm seriously loving it!

-apd

Soooo I wanna harvest like tomorrow buttt I'm still not sure if they're ready ugh! So stressful! Lady #1 has a good 20 - 30% amber trichomes while lady #2 is just barely showing some amber on the actual calyxes and even still has a few clear trichomes mostly cloudy though. Not sure if harvesting should take place at a certain time of day or if the soil should be completely dry. I'm also still debating on whether or not to do the 72 hours of dark prior to harvest. Suggestions, tips, do's, or don'ts? Anything would be awesome!

Thank you,
Apd

Soooo I wanna harvest like tomorrow buttt I'm still not sure if they're ready ugh! So stressful! Lady #1 has a good 20 - 30% amber trichomes while lady #2 is just barely showing some amber on the actual calyxes and even still has a few clear trichomes mostly cloudy though. Not sure if harvesting should take place at a certain time of day or if the soil should be completely dry. I'm also still debating on whether or not to do the 72 hours of dark prior to harvest. Suggestions, tips, do's, or don'ts? Anything would be awesome!

Thank you,
Apd

I would harvest right before or ASAP after sunrise to prevent them from getting an extra day of light and degraded potency; that's where letting them sit in the dark for a few days comes in as people believe if it works for outdoor growers to let them get one last night and and no more light it would work to just let them sit in darkness (resin production mode, esentially). I'm not really sure there's proof of this working, just evidence it can help some strains get that extra oomph.

If you are going to let one of them in darkness, I'd probably use the second girl and I'd make sure you water her the day of her going in there, taking pictures before and after for comparisons sake to see if there's any noticeable difference.

As far as harvesting soon, if you're happy with the trichome colors on your girl #1 (20-30% amber) then you can harvest as soon as your drying area can support you, probably going to end up drying/curing your first girl while your second girl is finishing up. That trichome ratio is where I'd personally harvest at with sativas, I'd even consider letting the second one go past that amber ratio if you want each plant to produce a slightly different high.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom