First Time Grower - Outdoors - Bag Seeds

Also I forgot(sorry I'm cooking) so far your pots have good drainage, and the plant is firmly and competently staked /secured rain is just nitrogen and other elements one could never replicate to the plant. When the rain gets stupid here I remove my pots from their trays and put them up on blocks so there is no risk of water logging. By the way Florida is very close weather wise to where I grow; mad humidity, crazy heat, and impressive thunderstorms from time to time. It's a pain from mid flowering on but in veg the plants love it.

As far as drainage is concerned I think it could be a bit better it takes about 3 days for my pots to dry out I'm using coco loco which I would have liked to have added extra perlite to but didn't get a chance the smaller plant is in a smart pot and the bigger is in a growers pot that I've cut slits into (3 down each flat side) to allow extra airflow, it will be transplanted to a 15 gallon smart pot within the next week as the roots are showing at the bottom. I do not have them staked or secured in any manner though.

They are for sure, especially coming from gross miracle gro into some FoxFarm ocean forest - I noticed some burning on the tips of the plants making this switch but I think that's understandable; I'm thinking it's from the combination of powerful nutes in the FFOF and the time release nutes from the MG they might have still been feeding on.

It's certainly worth it in combination with LST in my personal opinion they go perfectly together, with topping you're essentially telling the plant to divert her energy from focusing on growing tall to bushing out and creating more nodes, with LST in combo you're allowing more light to reach these new nodes allowing them to become new tops.

If you for sure don't want to stress her (and stealth isn't a key priority for you), I'd stick with strictly the LST, it is a tad bit late to be doing any stressing topping/fim wise with the oldest, as I said I did it very early and they recovered after 2 days, might be wise to leave the big one as it is with only LST until harvest. Your other one on the other hand, is still at 5 main nodes and small enough that I'd personally top, can be a comparison test to see which yields the most :).

EDIT: Forgot to answer your nute question, my bad! I'm planning on following this Neptune's Harvest feed schedule for Organic Fish Fertilizer/Seaweed fertilizer. As I just moved them into the foxfarm, I'm going to give them at least 4-6 weeks before I begin feeding them again as I've read that's about how long it takes for them to use up the nutes in that soil. It's a cheaper but still effective route, didn't want to go overboard for my first grow especially on bagseeds.

After spending the last couple days reading and watching videos about the numerous training techniques I finally decided on super cropping for the smaller and a little more intense lst for the bigger one I'll definitely keep you updated on the outcome just got them done this morning.

After spending the last couple days reading and watching videos about the numerous training techniques I finally decided on super cropping for the smaller and a little more intense lst for the bigger one I'll definitely keep you updated on the outcome just got them done this morning.

Sounds awesome, let me know how they react man :).

I just posted up my grow journal thread, plants have been bushing out like crazy the past few days - super happy I started LST early as I can see it getting out of hand if not kept up on.

Hi everyone, it's been 11 days since my last update so my ladies are now 3 days shy of 7 weeks. Since my last update my second lady also started showing her pistils, still uncertain as to why this is happening so early unless they just truly are not getting as much sun as I think. Pictures below let me know what you think, also if anyone has any tips on things to do at this stage of flowering they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

0530161404.jpg
0530161401b.jpg
0530161402a.jpg
0530161408b.jpg
0530161402.jpg
0530161403.jpg
0530161403b.jpg
0530161408a.jpg
0530161403a.jpg
0530161408.jpg

They both look healthy and happy.

As we don't know what your seeds are, I would say hold off on bloom nutes for a couple of weeks to see whether they will revert back to vegging......

If they are photoperiod plants, they will probably start revegging once the plant realises the days are getting longer not shorter.....

If they are Autos, they will continue to flower irrespective of what you do.....

Very beautiful girls, Apd! :high-five:

I'm thinking of taking back on my original thought of them being Indica dominant, really starting to look sativa-sativa dominant hybrid to me - as a sativa fan growing what seem to be all indicas right now I'm jealous. :yummy:

Wishing you good luck on them being photoperiod and getting them back into veg for some more growth, cheers bud!

Well... It's been 16 days since my last update which means my ladies are now 9 weeks old. I have unfortunately encountered issues �� which is what prompted this update, I believe my current outdoor conditions are too extreme we're currently and have been for the last 4 days experiencing temperatures up to 98° with the real feel being around 116° this weather seems to have brought on the issues I'm having with my girls. Please take a look at the pictures and let me know what you think I'm not sure which direction to go at this point and I'm getting discouraged any help will be greatly appreciated.
0616160948.jpg

Lady #1
0616160944a.jpg
0616160944b.jpg
0616160945.jpg
0616160945a.jpg
0616160945b.jpg

Lady #2
0616160942.jpg
0616160942a.jpg
0616160942b.jpg
0616160943.jpg
0616160943a.jpg
0616160944.jpg
0616160947.jpg
0616160950.jpg

I'm having more problems with yellowing and browning with lady #2 and weird new growth for lady #1 but the majority of the pistils on both plants have started turning red I'm assuming due to heat as I have no other plants that could have possibly pollinated them.

I'd also like to say if anyone knows how the heck I can get my pictures to not be sideways that would be sweet!

Weird new growth is the plant going back into veg mode. Pistils go brown during reveg and or when they have sustained damage ( rain can cause that)

Unless there is something else going on that I can't see, you seem to have some lovely Sativa ladies getting their grow on. CAnnabis plants will stop growing at 32C and above. So far they are watered when necessary, the heat doesn't harm them (last summer here my girls went through 38C temps continuously for over 14 days) they stop putting energy into growing and go into self protection mode.

The plants look good, probably stressed from all your fussing and fretting :Namaste: but they look good....relax....

Weird new growth is the plant going back into veg mode. Pistils go brown during reveg and or when they have sustained damage ( rain can cause that)

Unless there is something else going on that I can't see, you seem to have some lovely Sativa ladies getting their grow on. CAnnabis plants will stop growing at 32C and above. So far they are watered when necessary, the heat doesn't harm them (last summer here my girls went through 38C temps continuously for over 14 days) they stop putting energy into growing and go into self protection mode.

The plants look good, probably stressed from all your fussing and fretting :Namaste: but they look good....relax....

Thank you so much bapple, your reassurance always seems to put my mind at ease for at least a few days :cheer: I guess being in this kind of in between stage of flowering and revegging has me a little flustered not sure what to expect of them. But definitely knowing you think they're looking good does my heart some good I have high high hopes for my ladies I can't wait to see what they can produce. I've been checking out your grow also hoping to learn a thing or two, your girls are looking awesome btw!

subbing....I am also on my first grow and growing outdoors with bag seeds

Hey lilred thanks for stopping by we can learn together! I tried to check out your grow but the link didn't work feel free to repost it I'd love to see what you've got going.

Thank you so much bapple, your reassurance always seems to put my mind at ease for at least a few days :cheer: I guess being in this kind of in between stage of flowering and revegging has me a little flustered not sure what to expect of them. But definitely knowing you think they're looking good does my heart some good I have high high hopes for my ladies I can't wait to see what they can produce. I've been checking out your grow also hoping to learn a thing or two, your girls are looking awesome btw!

'Always seems to put my mind at ease for at least a few days' :rofl:

Gardening is therapeutic, and teaches one patience...

Thanks for looking into my yard

as stated earlier even photoperiod plants when mature enough will show sex..they don't necessarily need to be stressed to show. I've grown indoors this year, and all of my bag seeds showed sex before flipping, even my photoperiod Jack Herer I bought from Greenhouse Seeds. when a plant is mature enough it will show.

[bag seeds were on average 5 6 weeks old when they showed]

also turn your phone sideways [if that's what you're using for pics] and then the pics should come out straight or upside down, if you did it the wrong sideways way...you'll find which way you need to hold it to make it work....

and as far as your plants go, they look healthy to me. lower leaves will start to fuel the new growth especially when they are in flower ...if new growth looks good [which is does] you're doing it right! :goodjob: :passitleft:

Good morning! Hope everyone is well. I'm doing a small update will update again shortly with more pictures but for now here are some pictures of lady #2 definitely my favorite. She is well on her way to harvest time not sure exactly how much time she has left since this is a bag seed I have no clue how long she should take. If anyone can estimate a harvest time or how far into flowering I am that would be awesome! Can't wait to see what y'all think.

Thanks,
APD

0711160847.jpg
0711160848.jpg
0711160901.jpg

Back
Top Bottom