42 Year Old Bag Seed!

Very cool.

Having had 2 sort of successful indoor grows I have been building a growbox when I got a package from my brother. He got into cleaning out some old boxes and found a package I sent him in 1970 from Viet Nam. In the package he found a bag between some clothes with some weed I had sent him from Nam. I remember sending this bag and remembered that it had been vaccumed sealed.

Surprisingly it is still green and contains 3 nice sticks!

Do you think these seeds will germinate? Wanna find out???

I have a couple more days of building left on the growbox then we will find out. Oh, by the way, the bag is still sealed!

The bag is actually a old K ration bag and hope to get some pictures up when I start the grow journal.

Re: 42 yr old bagseed!

I find almost everything I need for growing on Ebay. I just bought a complete HPS system, reflector, fixture w/bulb, ballast, everything for $117. Lowes also has a lot of what you might need for your growroom on line too. Amazon is another place to look for growing supplies.

I lived in Hawaii in '68 and '69 and had connections to some weed that came from SE Asia somewhere in the war zone. I remember it with great fondness and am really looking forward to reading the rest of this thread and seeing how it all came out, if you've finished the first bloom yet.

I just finishd reading the whole therad. Wow! Nice job otd! A very lucky thing that your brother didn't just smoke the weed and throw the seeds out in the yard for the birds. I hope t find your next grow journal with more of the Nam seeds.

I don't mind saying I'm envious as can be. I'd love to have some more of that weed from there again. It was the best I ever used!

:bravo::nicethread::welldone:

im blown away by this thread . it was emotional,happy,suspenseful all in one . first let me thank u for your service to our country. it would have been a treat to sit and sample some of this unknown goodness with u as u told the story of creating it:passitleft::passitleft:!! i hope this reply finds u doing good and still whoopin cancers ASS..it worries me that u did such a good job documenting this journal and now no replies from u . we all hope u are just enjoying life so much u don't have time for the interweb lol.. amazing story . i think there should be an award attached to this thread! :high-five:

check out my auto fem (rv) grow

www.420magazine.com/forums/journals-progress/219423-drama-s-indoor-rv-autofem-grow-journal.html

This grow is the coolest one I have seen! One suggestion for producing seeds. I read a post some time ago where the grower would harvest a plant except for a few small buds on the bottom of the plant that he would allow to continue maturing for a couple of weeks or so. The over matured buds would develop nanners that he would harvest the pollen from. He would then pollinate some buds on the female plant he wanted to produce seeds with and the outcome is feminized seeds of that strain. This method makes it possible to make feminized seeds without using colloidal silver so, you don't have to ruin a plant by applying the colloidal silver to make it hermie.:Rasta::peace:

Re: 42 yr old bagseed!

its crazy how they all look so different, despite being the same strain

New to the Forum, stumbled upon this old beauty of a thread!!:thumb:

Woooo Its been a while! Been a freaky couple of months in which life got ugly but got through it. As for the grows. I haven't been able to any more grows due to house construction, med problems and a lot of traveling. The last grow I had going ended up with a total of 18 oz from 4 plants which tickled me pink cause its such sweet and smokeable weed.

Hopefully I will be able to start a grow soon and will post a new grow blog.

i enjoyed reading this .. oh and thank you for your war service sir.

I just want to bump this thread because it is such a fantastic and informative read. I just collected a couple hundred seeds from different strains in Sri Lanka (Ganja & Hindu Kush) and I can't wait to sprout them for my summer grow.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom