42 Year Old Bag Seed!

otd, w/rh that high, u might have to use a dehumidifier. i've had this problem, myself. on drying, u might try putting the fan pointing straight at the colas for 24hrs, then slide a trash bag over them for 24hrs (gives moisture time to move to outside of bud). it'll take a little longer, but u won't get mold. alternate this for as long as it takes. this is my usual method of drying.

Cool to see this all the way through! The RH here is through the roof here too. I am thinking of setting up an AC!! or getting a dehumidifier.

When will you start again?

Humidity that high just sucks. Can't get away form it. Hope you get the buds dry because I can't wait to hear the report of the smoke. The other day I had 61 rh in the garage and I had a rh meter in one of bud jars and it was at 49 rh. I opened the jar for a couple of hours and then closed it with the rh meter in it again. next morning it was at 60 rh in the jar. Better than a humidity pack. Good luck on the dry.

Hey thanks all. Yesterday I put my boathouse dryer(a heater/dehumidifier) in the closet over night and hung the buds in paper bags and that did the trick. Outside of the buds are all nice and dryer so I'll let em set today and see if the buds get moist again. Shytes and Giggles I moved the cuttings around and they are soooooooooooo sticky!!!!!!!!

So.... I just had to do a quick dry on one of the buds. If this is an indication of what a cured smoke will be like I will be a super happy camper. The smoke is sweet with no bite at all. The high is like a good single malt, smooth till you stand up then you realize your head is bouncing off the ceiling! It is a super head buzz with no couch lock till you start to come down then its so mello. In other words it is exactly how I remember the buzz I used to get in the hooch! I can not imagine doing a whole joint by my self!!!! Definitely a 1 hit smoke. Now for the med indicators. Pain-gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! First really good night sleep in months and no nausea at all, actually ate a full dinner. The bud I dried was from Harriet. Runt I will test in a few more days.

Buck, I already have 2 plants started. They are about 2 inches tall and are starting their 5 group leaves. Both of these plants look exactly like Harriet and Ozzie did at this stage.

that is an awsome thing, hell its GROOVY right on bro glad you are happy

Wooohh Hooow now that is cool. NO PAIN or nausea is fantastic. The wait was well wroth it.

Welp, Runt is definitely a true indica. Quick dried a smaller bud and tried it last night. First, I screwed up by setting down as I did a bowl. I didn't move till I woke up this morning!!!! Very heavy mello high, definitely not something you want to smoke if you have something to do. As the day went on this morning I noticed no pain build up which is why I wanted to do grows. I wanted something to keep the pain at bay while I go about the day and I really wanted it to last the next day as Runt has done.

Harvested Mini-Monster this morning. Her buds weren't getting any bigger and most of her pistils were brown and when I checked it, her trichomes were all cloudy. Being that Mini wasn't in the grow box all that long she wont produce as much but had a lot of bud sites.

Ozzie is just getting taller and taller. She has a few bud sites but not much in the way of pistils. I think she is spending all her energy growing, which is ok with me, I had planned on using her for clones to grow incase I get a male.

What an absolutely fantastic thread. What a fantastic ride. The pure sativa really does look kind of freaky weird compared to todays hybrid leaves.

Thanks for your service. I too am a veteran and can appreciate this thread. It's nice to see you actually came home with something from Nam that you could actually use.

Great job.

But, you never did tell us. Did you smoke the weed that was in the 42 yr old bag with the seeds? Or did your brother smoke it up .... LOL. Just wondering if 42 yr old weed got you high or not.

LOL .... that's funny

Some seed from that strain would be something else. Hope you end up with a male.

10/13/12 update

I have been curing Runt and Harriet now for a couple of weeks and got out the scale and started weighing what I ended up with. Runt produced 4.33 ounces dry and Harriet 3.64. Mini got harvested and is now drying and I dont see where it will produce much dry since it was window raised but wild guessing about 2.5 ounces.

My brother came down this week and I rolled him a joint of Harriet and had him sit on the back porch to indulge. :) Half way through the joint he put it out, turned and looked at me and all he could do is give me a huge shit eating grin. About half an hour later, I got the first word from him, "oh shit!". This happened about 2 oclock. About 6, after dinner he looked at me and said, "You mean to tell me that this was sitting in that closet for 40 yrs and I didn't know it?"

I even got a good word from the Mom in law. She was in the living room when we were smoking and she asked what tobacco I had going. When I asked her why she said, "You have the whole house smelling like licorice and vanilla." and she was right.

Again I want to thank all who read the journal and helped me grow this fine smoke.:thanks:

Really enjoyed this 42 year old bagseed grow. Some awesome looking sativas supper jealous along with everyone else you still have those seeds. Keep us posted on your new grow, would love to see you hopefully get a male and get some pollen..

So did you keep clones? Do you still have seeds from the original stash?

Howdy all,

Mutt, I didn't do clones because I wasn't ready, both knowledge wise and equipment wise but I do have more seeds and in fact I have 4 plants going now. They are just over 3" tall and I just transplanted them into the big pots. I will be starting a new journal soon since I am trying new things out that I learned on the first grow.

That's really cool. You just "GOTTA" keep this strain going :bravo:

Back
Top Bottom