42 Year Old Bag Seed!

thinking from the looks you may have some trick or treat buds come halloween:)

Whats up with the leaves curling so much on Harriet? Is she just too tall and getting too much heat from the lamps? Or is that some kind of deficiency late in flower? Or maybe just a strain thing?

Paw-paw, thanks for the comment. I followed a suggestion when I first started this grow about scuffing up the seeds and it really seemed to work. As for crossing strains, that is a bit beyond my experience for now.

Fish, I got the wife to check out the trichs with the microscope and shes telling me they are cloudy so I dont think it will be another month for Runt. Harriet maybe, wife says her trichs are clear and are showing on lower leaves.

I have been eyeballing a small nug on Runt for testing. I have a little voice in my head that is now screaming "Burn one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :)

I fight that urge nightly! To simply take a small sample, but then again, why not a whole dripping cola?
My urge is to take one large nug and pop it into my mouth. I know it sounds stupid. Haven't you ever said something stupid?

Its Harvest day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]

Checked the plants out this morning and the pistils are nice and brown and the trichomes are a golden brown so that means its Harvest Time!!!!!!!

Urmom, The leaves on Harriet and Ozzie have been skinny and curled since they stuck their heads out of the dirt
It kept freaking me out but they aren't over heated nor over nuted nor over or under watered so I figure its the strain.

SFT, I say stupid shit all the time bud. Actually if I started making sense people would start looking at me funny.

So let the harvest begin.

Harriet, Counting Harriet nugs at harvest there was 53 buds
DSC011062.JPG

DSC011107.JPG

DSC011228.JPG

DSC011074.JPG

Runt
DSC011217.JPG

DSC011205.JPG

Shytes and giggles I weighed Runt after I cut the main stem and the total wet plant weighed 3.61 lbs.

I hung them in a great closet that is all nice and cozy and will let them hang for about 3 weeks, maybe longer for Runt with those massive colas.

wow 3 weeks is a long time oldrthendirt
Ithink maybe 4to7 days ought to be closer then you can start you cure in jars or tupperware. but I rekon you been around long enough and are set in your ways. so you can do as you please.
If your intrested tho I will tell you how I dry and cure, even OMM does it the same way.
anyway groovy on the harvest:)

Cleaned up after the grow and took the planters out to check out the roots and to sterilize the buckets. After shaking out all the soil from the roots I inspected them and was really amazed at the root system of these 2 plants. Harriet had filled the planter but was not root bound. The rootball was snowy white and most of the roots were at mid pot. Runt's root ball was HUGE!!!!!!!! Though not rootbound, it had a massive rootball with white hair type roots and it had 2 main roots that were as thick as the main stem that went to the bottom of the bucket(it was actually hard to get the rootball out of the bucket).

By the way, when I started this grow I put approxiimately 6-10 redworms in the planters to keep the soil aeroated(spelling). I harvested about 20 worms from each planter so I will be doing this again in the next grow.

OTD congrats on the harvest. Can't wait for the smoke reports. :goodjob:

this is how I do it and acouple others.
dry in a dark. cool, dry place with some air movement. maybe having a fan in the area but not blowing right on your buds
when you know its dry and I tell by snaping the thick part of the stem that your bud is on.
it should break but still be a little plyable if its to dry it will just break off like a dead tree branch hopefully it doesnt get that way.
after you are dry or your girls are LOL I stick the buds in a tupperware container or a mason jar.
now here is where you and I may get some dispute.
the humidity level that you want is just below 65%. you can get a hygrometer from a tobbaco shop but I do it more by feel. the buds should not crumble but should feel dry and still hold their shape when you squezze them abit.
anyway after you get them there and have placed them in your storrage device.every day twice a day open the container and let it breath for about 15 minutes. at least every other day take all the buds out and rotate them from top to bottom. do this for 2 weeks.
you can get humidity packs on ebay or at some cigar store that will keep it at 62%.
after that you should be good storing your bud for about 6 months maybe longer butt mine never lasted that long.
hope this helps:peace:

this is how I do it and acouple others.
dry in a dark. cool, dry place with some air movement. maybe having a fan in the area but not blowing right on your buds
when you know its dry and I tell by snaping the thick part of the stem that your bud is on.
it should break but still be a little plyable if its to dry it will just break off like a dead tree branch hopefully it doesnt get that way.
after you are dry or your girls are LOL I stick the buds in a tupperware container or a mason jar.
now here is where you and I may get some dispute.
the humidity level that you want is just below 65%. you can get a hygrometer from a tobbaco shop but I do it more by feel. the buds should not crumble but should feel dry and still hold their shape when you squezze them abit.
anyway after you get them there and have placed them in your storrage device.every day twice a day open the container and let it breath for about 15 minutes. at least every other day take all the buds out and rotate them from top to bottom. do this for 2 weeks.
you can get humidity packs on ebay or at some cigar store that will keep it at 62%.
after that you should be good storing your bud for about 6 months maybe longer butt mine never lasted that long.
hope this helps:peace:

Yep Fish cake, that's a very accurate description for drying/curing buds. Short, sweet and accurate. I used to try to cure my buds but somehow, they wouldn't last long enough. These days I definitely do the cure (obviously have more) because the difference in the smoke (taste, harshness and aroma) is like night and day. Well worth the tiny effort to cure even if there's 20 glass jars.
One thing I found that I subscribe to is that I no longer put buds into plastic containers. For some reason, the Trichomes will stick to the plastic making it hard to extract them later. They simply come off the glass surface quite easily. It's bad enough they stick to the baggies but how else should one package their wares? I don't use "Ball" jars too expensive and the two piece lids are a pain in the a$$. I get like 1/2 gallon glass jars from my local Deli after they are done with them. Contained things like peppers, olives, etc. and they are free too. Just have to strike up a friendly at your own Deli and they are happy to save for you. I get 1-2 a week and have enough to accommodate my monthly harvests. Love to keep everything nice and tasty...

cool didnt really know about the plastic. glad I use old canning jars thanks and reps comin at ya!

cool didnt really know about the plastic. glad I use old canning jars thanks and reps comin at ya!

I had to learn the hard way (always do) after having about 25-30 large baggies and seeing them loaded with Trichomes. I ended up filling them with water and froze them, then used in cold water extraction to recover. What a pain. I'll bet there were several grams in them in total...

Fish, Sft, Thanks for the info. Before I ever did a harvest I had read on here that it was best to cure in glass jars but had to keep bugging the mom in law to use hers so I used tupperware. Getting anything from mom in laws is like pulling teeth from an alligator with one hand so I just bought my own!!! :) I do keep my dried in glass seasoning jars but I guess I didn't dry it right so I'll try your way.

The closet I dry in is nice and dark with good air circulation but I added a fan to help.

funny when i was younger I would give all kinds of stuff away. now I'am like your mom inlaw! just like her!
exsept know I got crap that I dont even know I have till I go looking for something else LOL

Now this is a farmer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like he is going to harvest.
DSC011236.JPG

Yeah Fish, as kids we dont know what it is to possess stuff and as we get older we act like we want to take it all with us! :)

Green Acres is the place to be

10/4/12 Update

Harriet and Runts have been in the closet for 5 days now and still very wet. Between the humidity that has been here and the Size of Runts colas its seems to be taking forever. I have noticed that the smell of the plants drying is a lot more powerful now then when they were growing. I hoping to get the nugs in jars tomorrow or Saturday.

10/4/12 Update

Harriet and Runts have been in the closet for 5 days now and still very wet. Between the humidity that has been here and the Size of Runts colas its seems to be taking forever. I have noticed that the smell of the plants drying is a lot more powerful now then when they were growing. I hoping to get the nugs in jars tomorrow or Saturday.

is there air movement in the closet? like some kind of fresh air exchange?

Back
Top Bottom