New grower

JFOUR20C

420 Member
Hello 420 fam,
I am a new grower and want say thank you for letting me be apart of this community. Here are my green ladies, unfortunately i am not aware of strain, i have had green ladies under a 600w light. Currently running x2 24hr timers one for light and one for fans. Light hours are currently 18 - 6. Green ladies have been under light since 01/11/2020 and are 23 days under light. Experimenting with 3 different types of grow nutrient ( thrive blood and bone grow, Green dream grow & growzilla a&b solution) At this stage awaiting nutrients so green ladies have not had there first feed. I have a few questions please if anyone could help..
How to maintain my temp? Current issue is grow room which is 900mm x 900mm x 2000mm somedays will have correct temp but i find when light turns off temp tends to drop 3.0C I have added 24 hr timer on fans so once light switches off fans x2 out of 3 fans will be running to try keep temp the same. Cooler days i find i will have to turn fan speed to low ( currently sits on low to high with speed controller) due to temp dropping with the day, is there a way to keep consistent?
Are green ladies wilting? Awaiting for other nutrients to arrive so i can give plants first feed, at the moment I am watering every 2nd day, ( once soil is dry up to about a inch) My main concern is as a new grower and been under light for amount of time, is growth stimulant? Am i on the right track?
Any help is much appreciated, thank you 420 fam and happy growing! :)
IMG_3740.jpg
IMG_3739.jpg

:welcome:

Hey @JFOUR20C & welcome to :420:

While I'm not a soil grower there are plenty on here who are and I'm sure can help answer your questions. Plenty of good folks on here!

Here's a bit of reading that might help in meantime.

The Proper Way To Water A Potted Plant

Regarding the temps, just make sure it's over 16C to avoid issues. A temp controller works wonders. A heater with a thermostat built in works too.
What temps are you running now?

Your lights give off heat, hence the drop when they turn off. A slightly cooler temp during lights off is usually desired.

Welcome to the forums, we have tons of knowledge to share with anyone willing to listen. I would recommend starting a grow journal so that you can have all your specs in one place and gives experienced members something to review when you’re searching for help on certain situations.

:welcome: Definitely read the thread on watering that @Rexer has pointed you to. You want to avoid over watering your plants.

Here's a good thread for new growers by @Buds Buddy. Worth a read through and you can grow along.

:welcome: Definitely read the thread on watering that @Rexer has pointed you to. You want to avoid over watering your plants.

Here's a good thread for new growers by @Buds Buddy. Worth a read through and you can grow along.
thank you @VetSmoke85 :)

Welcome to the forums, we have tons of knowledge to share with anyone willing to listen. I would recommend starting a grow journal so that you can have all your specs in one place and gives experienced members something to review when you’re searching for help on certain situations.
Thank you @JamesBong502 I have been recording each day in a journal here at home, am i able to upload or does it need to go under a thread? Sorry i am still in the learning phases of using 420mag please bare with me, thank you for your quick response, very grateful.

Hey @JFOUR20C & welcome to :420:

While I'm not a soil grower there are plenty on here who are and I'm sure can help answer your questions. Plenty of good folks on here!

Here's a bit of reading that might help in meantime.

The Proper Way To Water A Potted Plant

Regarding the temps, just make sure it's over 16C to avoid issues. A temp controller works wonders. A heater with a thermostat built in works too.
What temps are you running now?

Your lights give off heat, hence the drop when they turn off. A slightly cooler temp during lights off is usually desired.
@Rexer Thank you for the link, i have seen a lot of knowledgeable people here and am very keen to learn. I am definitely going to read the link. My current temp sits at about 25 - 26C with lights on. Thank you very much for the response and help very grateful :)

Hello 420 fam,
I am a new grower and want say thank you for letting me be apart of this community. Here are my green ladies, unfortunately i am not aware of strain, i have had green ladies under a 600w light. Currently running x2 24hr timers one for light and one for fans. Light hours are currently 18 - 6. Green ladies have been under light since 01/11/2020 and are 23 days under light. Experimenting with 3 different types of grow nutrient ( thrive blood and bone grow, Green dream grow & growzilla a&b solution) At this stage awaiting nutrients so green ladies have not had there first feed. I have a few questions please if anyone could help..
How to maintain my temp? Current issue is grow room which is 900mm x 900mm x 2000mm somedays will have correct temp but i find when light turns off temp tends to drop 3.0C I have added 24 hr timer on fans so once light switches off fans x2 out of 3 fans will be running to try keep temp the same. Cooler days i find i will have to turn fan speed to low ( currently sits on low to high with speed controller) due to temp dropping with the day, is there a way to keep consistent?
Are green ladies wilting? Awaiting for other nutrients to arrive so i can give plants first feed, at the moment I am watering every 2nd day, ( once soil is dry up to about a inch) My main concern is as a new grower and been under light for amount of time, is growth stimulant? Am i on the right track?
Any help is much appreciated, thank you 420 fam and happy growing! :)
IMG_3740.jpg
IMG_3739.jpg
Welcome. You might review some of the grow journals here. They are full of people (like me) who have already made the mistakes you WILL make (at least some), as well as the advice of our mentors. You'll find that everyone here wants to help you reach your definition of success in your grow!

Welcome @JFOUR20C nice start. I'm doing the same as you slowing fan speed to keep temps right. I don't want to run heat so I have a little less winter produce weight. not much less. The plants look nice. Rexer got your watering question right I think. I use Emilya's method myself. They do love a good wet then dry cycle.

Welcome. You might review some of the grow journals here. They are full of people (like me) who have already made the mistakes you WILL make (at least some), as well as the advice of our mentors. You'll find that everyone here wants to help you reach your definition of success in your grow!
Thank you very much and thank you for your time to help and answer question, cant wait and excited to see grow :)

Welcome @JFOUR20C nice start. I'm doing the same as you slowing fan speed to keep temps right. I don't want to run heat so I have a little less winter produce weight. not much less. The plants look nice. Rexer got your watering question right I think. I use Emilya's method myself. They do love a good wet then dry cycle.
@StoneOtter thank you, could you please expand on winter produce weight and what do you mean by that? Defintely going to do the wet cycle @Rexer has linked, cannot wait to see your gowth also @StoneOtter

Back
Top Bottom