New Website Features & Content

Originally Posted by Fumado
In many of the news articles, the location being discussed is usually buried somewhere in the article. Sometimes, it's not even obvious, and I keep wondering where is this place? This makes no sense, since your audience is world-wide.

For example this is typical of what I'm talking about (one of the news articles on the front page):

"The owners of the sole storefront-style medical marijuana operation in unincorporated Tehama County have agreed give up their lease or convert the property to something non-marijuana related."

I have no idea WTF Tehama County is, but if you would prepend the source paper or location it might be more interesting to read. Something like "Sacremento, CA - The owners of the sole..."

before i started hawkin news i often wondered where some of the stories originated, so i agree about havin the location at the begining of the story.

the news dept is making an effort to correct this.

this wont always be the same location, but 1 thing you can try if we forget, is to click on the link to the contact. and in the case of this contact, not only do you see that this story comes from, RED BLUFF, CA you also to get a weather report from there ... :grinjoint:

News Hawk- Weedpipe 420 Magazine
Source: Red Bluff Daily News
Author: GEOFF JOHNSON
Copyright: 2009 - Red Bluff Daily News
Website:Medical marijuana store owners agree to not reopen pot operation

I'd like to have the mark read, mark unread feature like most email software has.

For private messages at least.

I'd like pages previously accessed in a thread to display in an different way so you could see where you left off. For example in the Deep Water Culture main thread they can runup 10 new pages in a day, or vipersnest which has over 2222 posts.

Would be great to visually see exactly where you left off, from all views

I'd like to have the mark read, mark unread feature like most email software has.

For private messages at least.

I'd like pages previously accessed in a thread to display in an different way so you could see where you left off. For example in the Deep Water Culture main thread they can runup 10 new pages in a day,
or vipersnest which has over 2222 posts.

Would be great to visually see exactly where you left off, from all views

Great idea!

In all the views where there are more than 5 pages, the options are 1,2,3,4,5....last

I'd like to see 1,2,3.....17,18,19,last for example.

It saves a few clicks. Some of these threads are moving so fast that they are 3-4 new pages a day. I know when I'm reading a Deep Water Culture thread I need to start a few pages back

Minor issue, just trying to optimize

I would like to see an Off -Topic Thread for stoners to shoot the breeze and chat about off-topics and interests for Pot Smokers. For example, a new CD of never released new music from Jimi Hendrix is being released March 9th, and I'd love to tell everyone. And I have other hobbies like raising geckos and bearded dragons that I 'd like to discuss with friends. Maybe a just Toke-n-Talk Thread?

AND

I'd like to suggest adding a few new Catagories for Posting Pics in, like one for Charts and Graphs. I wanted to upload a PPM chart today and I am sure I put it in the wrong Catagory as I seem to make that mistake often. Where would I upload a pic of my favorite measuing cup or my favorite measuring spoon for nutrients? What Catagory would that go in?

I think we will probably add an Off Topic forum once we figure out how to keep the topics from coming up in the New Posts.

Upload them to Grow Room Setup & Supplies - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery for now, when we finish the new website, maybe we'll add a gallery for charts and such.

Thanks for the great feedback guys, please keep it coming!

When a email is sent on a subscribed thread there should be an asterick "*" or something indicating to the email recipient that an answer on a thread was specifically addressed to the individual user without them having to open up the email. I am subscribed to a lot of threads and I am always concerned about keeping up dialogs with my "brothers" out there especially since grow journals only work if you can maintain "talk traffic"... I know once I have opened the email it is addressed to me but sometimes I want to go to the threads I am "chatting" on first.

suggested Forum : 420 Fitness (I'd learn to Mod)

We enjoy some fitness and our smoke at the same time,so we run and walk along Lake Austin and use the one hitter along the way. One time a month a few couples get together for calm,peaceful yoga time.
How do you stay fit ?

How about a SEARCH BAR on the main pages that allow the registered user to look up.... 1. members 2. threads by name 3. threads by topic 4. keywords (like fungus gnat)...

contest winners names and avatars at the top of the page for the last months contests would be cool, maybe the 420 girl of the month up there too : ) The site itself is awsome, accually I`m probably spending too much time here, lol

Dude,,Theres no way you can spend "too much" time here,,lol.. :roorrip:

If you do an "off topic" forum, I'd make it only accessible to members with a certain post count or rep count... just thinking maybe that would help keep the trolls under control?

Perhaps a 25 post count too to be able to start a thread... might cut down on the questions posted with no effort to find an answer first.

If you do an "off topic" forum, I'd make it only accessible to members with a certain post count or rep count... just thinking maybe that would help keep the trolls under control?

Perhaps a 25 post count too to be able to start a thread... might cut down on the questions posted with no effort to find an answer first.

I agree 100% - I think those are both GREAT ideas.....

I would like to see an Off -Topic Thread for stoners to shoot the breeze and chat about off-topics and interests for Pot Smokers. For example, a new CD of never released new music from Jimi Hendrix is being released March 9th, and I'd love to tell everyone. And I have other hobbies like raising geckos and bearded dragons that I 'd like to discuss with friends. Maybe a just Toke-n-Talk Thread?

I'm trying to search for "blue rhino", but the search functionality will not let me search for "blue rhino".

If I used blue rhino in the search term, it searches Keyword(s): blue or rhino
If I used "blue rhino" in the search term, it searches Keyword(s): "blue or rhino"
If I used 'blue rhino' in the search term, it searches Keyword(s): 'blue or rhino'
If I used blue+rhino in the search term, it searches Keyword(s): blue, rhino

I tried the same thing in the 'tags' section, with no luck.

So please tell me how does a user search for posts using an exact string?

Dear 420 mag, can you please make the search functionality more robust ?
I dont want to search for blue or rhino, nor do I want blue and rhino. I want the exact phrase "blue rhino" (without the quotes).

Back
Top Bottom