New Website Features & Content

I haven't thought through the business methodology of this as it relates to 420mag, but a price comparison, search engine like dvdpricesearch would absolutely rock. Either for products and seeds companies, or both.

Nothing better then to have one source for comparison shopping!

SF

I was just wondering if there was any way to structure grow journals where actual journal entries could be separated from the conversation about those entries.

It would speed journal reading tremendously, and help the journal creator reference back to things important about the grow.

Just a tag or something for the journal writer to use, and a filter for that tag...

:bravo: Excellent suggestion! :bravo:

The discussions and tom-foolery are great fun when you are already following a grow. But when you find a journal that's somewhere in the middle and want to get up to speed they act like potholes. (pun intended)

Maybe a feature that displays responses to the growers post as a one line box with the responders handle and the beginning of the response up to the end of that one line with something like a [Read More] at the end of the line.

:peace:

How about a mass email to members about threads such as this so a guy doesn't have to stumble across it while looking for something else. :laughtwo:

I've spent almost a whole year getting used to this place and now I gotta start all over again. Grumble, whine, snivel, complain. LOL

Oh well. A lesson a day keeps the mad cow at bay!

It's been awhile.

Has this one been suggested?

The ability to "save" your Message or Post in "draft" mode so you can come back at a later time and finish the post.

Would be nice if typing a longer journal entry and need to finish up a little later.

Thanks.
SF

That's a good one too. I've spent and hour or more sometimes working on a post and had my stupid dial-up drop me which means I get logged off 420 and end up losing the whole shebang! I'm glad I'm not the freak out and punch something kind of guy or I'd be looking for a new wide-screen. lol

I guess that's why God, or, er, Bill Gates, gave us notepad. I just do a lot of copy/paste to save myself the frustration.

Good one StinkFinger! +Rep for that! :bong:

^^ We have this feature now.

Instead of clicking "post quick reply" choose "go advanced"

This gives you a preview window and saves your draft.

Works in PM as well. You can edit, then continue with additional previews by using the "preview post" button from the "advanced" screen

Thank you for an awsome site! Just curious, but will there be a Grow Report type section for Growers to Track specific strains in the website re-design? No Big deal I was just curious. Thanks again for all youve done & will continue to do.

It would be "cool" if you guys could get a couple of lawyers that might "donate" some time to answering questions. They could be criminal, medical, or constitutional questions and might help further the advancement of knowledge amongst the members.

I, for one, would love to see how the court system could be used to advance the legalization or decriminalization of MJ, at the state level, as well as the Federal level.

As always, thanks 420!
SF

i would hate to go before the Federal Supreme Court with its present constituents - they just ruled that corporations could give unlimited money to campaigns! No telling what they would do to MJ laws.

I would agree. I think it would be easier to have congress pass new laws or modify some of the laws on the books, and get the HHS/DEA to change their classification code of MJ.

But you just never know, one or two of the justices could just surprise us. Although I'm not holding my breath for this approach.

Power to the People.

Thanks TB!
SF

The way the Deep Water Culture have their "home" made me think that perhaps we could combine several of the sub forums in to a "420 home" where all types of questions would be answered more quickly than one buried in a sub forum or hijacking a grow journal.

It would help members mix better to have a more general forum than the current set up, and if the more active the thread, the quicker someone would be helped. It's not a fully formed thought really, but it just seems there is a desire for a more conversational thread when you look at how the popular grow journals have evolved.

The way the Deep Water Culture have their "home" made me think that perhaps we could combine several of the sub forums in to a "420 home" where all types of questions would be answered more quickly than one buried in a sub forum or hijacking a grow journal.

It would help members mix better to have a more general forum than the current set up, and if the more active the thread, the quicker someone would be helped. It's not a fully formed thought really, but it just seems there is a desire for a more conversational thread when you look at how the popular grow journals have evolved.

This is what we're trying to do now but it's tough to get the word out.

This one is where grow support questions should go
Frequently Asked Questions - 420 Magazine

This is where general questions should go
Website Help & Feedback - 420 Magazine

Remember to use the search feature - your question may have already been asked and answered by others ;)

Re: 1000 watt water cooled Grow

I think I am going to make it regular practice to flush every couple weeks....On that note, will flushing flush out my myco and bacto colonies?

ALSO I was thinking it would be very beneficial if 420 set up a type of grow log application. Something like a calendar where you could post notes for a given day as well as set "alarms" to send an email when you wanted (say every 2 weeks reminding you to flush).

It would be "cool" if you guys could get a couple of lawyers that might "donate" some time to answering questions. They could be criminal, medical, or constitutional questions and might help further the advancement of knowledge amongst the members.

I, for one, would love to see how the court system could be used to advance the legalization or decriminalization of MJ, at the state level, as well as the Federal level.

As always, thanks 420!
SF

I have a very close friend who is a well known famous volunteer attorney for NORML. He offers FREE Defense if you plead NOT Guilty and ask for a jury trial for possession, and I've seen him convince the jury to vote not guilty when the defendant was 100% absolutely guilty, several times in possession cases.

I could ask him if he is willing if you think that is a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom