Nick Hardy's Skunk Works #3 5x5 - Dissertation Grow

Love the added UV! Looks solid @NickHardy
You know the brand, not used before but I know the people. Its their flagship.

Really excited. But cautious on the UV, maybe on a seedling to finish, beginning and the end? We’re starting veg in a few days in here.

Wow.

Its gonna be a great tent - how can I screw up 😂

Waiting sparky finish up. He knows how much these tents mean. Its family, its personal.

Its safe.

Yeah, I’m happy man right now. So is & Co. But that’s ‘cause a whole different story. I pity the fool… 😂

Nick

You know the brand, not used before but I know the people. Its their flagship.

Really excited. But cautious on the UV, maybe on a seedling to finish, beginning and the end? We’re starting veg in a few days in here.

Wow.

Its gonna be a great tent - how can I screw up 😂

Waiting sparky finish up. He knows how much these tents mean. Its family, its personal.

Its safe.

Yeah, I’m happy man right now. So is & Co. But that’s ‘cause a whole different story. I pity the fool… 😂

Nick
Yeah you're right on the money! I would only use UV in flower for a short burst in mid light on cycle. The mentality should be to only use UV to trigger the genetic response and change while not overly stressing the plant out and as a result having more side effects than benefits.

I think in terms of mimicking mid day sun light with peak UV output at ~12:00-13:00 in 12/12-land!

That being said added UV do make a noticeable difference in potency.

Looking forward to see it in action!

All the best!

Sparky Sunday - we're getting close!

He gets it now, this is my passion grow.. His too. He rides a little scooter 30 minutes at night on the most dangerous roads in the world to do our electrical. I pay OK. But he won't work for any of my acquaintances - I have not many friends here! But he's become family, a friend. Sorry the wild boar at the end. & Co reckons she paid $200 and its all out the door for $800 by morning, smoked or just chopped..

Dunno! Bacon sarnie anyone!

Nick & Sparky

😮😮 stick me one on then 🤣👌 I'd never turn food down!!
Looking great almost Go time!!
I have two of those MH fans but unfortunately one broke down.. started squeaking and clicking when oscillating 🙄 just waiting on my replacement which they said is the newer version 🤞

The cast offs are always appreciated. :thanks:
But it's something I'd never ask you for. :Namaste:
Thanks Buddy.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

IMG_8052.jpeg

So our flock of 12 will come from these 46-48 or whatever. They all look viable. Could be better and a bit of damage from some critter I reckon. We need this tent by say Monday for a dozen OG Kush I popped yesterday. The best go in this grow and our main grow. Up pot tomorrow. Some are going in just grey garden pots for the other grow in the adjacent 4x8. The electrics were finished today. The Lad is finishing the tray as I type. I got a bit of HVAC, Co2 and Irrigation to do tomorrow, try not to get in the way of the up potting, and then set the lights and environment and we’re in veg.

Gonna be the best 5x5xFar rig I could do outdoors on a tropical island.

Nick

Yeah, hum. Its been in the back of my mind but then I said the 4x4 was gonna be pure. I'm going to do what I'm sure I've seen @DeeBoy do I'm gonna run the AC and Co2 into this tent. and then just passively drag the cool C02 enriched air through all three tents with their individual inline fans. I have at least one maybe two spare 6" inline fans. to drag all that air back to the AC unit hood to complete the cycle. Closed loop across 3 tents.

Obvious now I've visualised it.

5x5 Primary for this grow start to finish - gets pure fresh Co2 and perfect temp air always
8x4 Veg and then flower - gets it second best
4x4 in Solos the last and it all circles around.

Temp and Co2 levels gonna be broadly the same across all the grows anyway. It'll just be a little dialing in to get it all working. Just a few feet of 6" ducting between the tents. Easy peasey!

Oh what fun adding further complications 😆

Nick

IMG_8073.jpeg

Yeah time to move honey…

IMG_8076.jpeg
IMG_8077.jpeg

Still a bunch to do.

Up potted to 110 Oz solos - its like 3200ml ? 3L.

“Great size for twelve ladies in a fiiiiive by fiiive”

We have:
4x Orange Mimosa Punch
3x Tropicana Banana
2x Runtz x Layer Cake
2, Blueberry OG
1x Ayuhuasca Purple

12 Plants - they’re in this 5x5 until the day they die. By my hand one way or another!

Missed my chance to have two of the Ayuhuasca Purple’s as & Co up potted too quick!

A machine even with Zika Virus!

A sneak peak front left corner of the irrigation system they’re getting tomorrow. Netafim - Netbow collars.

We got new plastic trays so we can water to run off. Also since these are 110oz not 16oz like the other tray the Solos get way more support. With the Silica @Jon tipped me to they won’t likely need much support - piano type wire if they do, we keep plenty in the basement 🤣

So yeah a bit of ducting pipe, irrigation and Co2 setup tomorrow. For tonight, yeah they’re on a new light.

I’m running it:

UV 0%
Veg (Cool White) 70%
Flower (Warm White 25%)

At about, dunno? 1.3 metres above? 1000w though.

The Pulse Pro isn’t in there. Probs do a reading tomorrow.

Just some skin and eyes and thinking - they just got transplanted. Don’t fuck ‘em up now 😂

Nick & The Legend That Is & Co

IMG_8084.jpeg

Hmmm, they’re on 8am - 2am under a new light. Reckon maybe I’d pump the 3200k (flower light) a little more if I wanted as many PPFD as before but if anything tomorrow I’ll more likely max the 4500k Veg light. Maybe both. They get gas tomorrow.

The front centre was a bit over watered, the hose pipe from the beg tank properly spluttered having not been used a while. But she is perking up from I reckon a slight overwatering (in coco I know! 😂) The generally pretty pray pray since up pot.

There’s a few bugs about. Found a spray bottle of already mixed neem and it looked a little dark so not saying I don’t trust my step daughters maths skills I diluted probs about 4 times through the tap and just gave them a mist eith it. Its early veg we’re good with that. Its pet safe organic neem allegedly.

Not skipping a beat! Looking forward to see all the newly additions! Appreciate what you got going Nick! I'm already climbing on the walls! 🤣

All the best!

Not skipping a beat! Looking forward to see all the newly additions! Appreciate what you got going Nick! I'm already climbing on the walls! 🤣

All the best!
Just thinking of you buddy - the light play, right you were all HIPs/HPS and CMH and changing bulbs at one point when you flipped? You used to do that.

What a lot of LED light people I guess don’t tell you is they’ve designed the Kelvin curve for you between the cold white veg and warm white flower to get to their optimum “House Colour Spectrum” And hey! Loads of awesome sponsors and others make great lights! I have some amazing @Mars Hydro lights, 3 types, 6 total.

But this, I think I’m only just starting to understand the “why” of the “Tri” Dimmer. Its not for home growers so much, its so you can plot your own spectral map. I’m meeting them next week in Bangkok at the Hemp Expo and getting a controller. Figure out if I can do fancy stuff like just have the UV on an hour a day or whatever. Then it makes sense.

Then obviously I google “most efficient cannabis light map” and program in whatever the first hit says 🤣

Because seriously! Been doing this a year so wtf do I know!

Nick

PS - nerding out on this light, yeah really excited!

Just thinking of you buddy - the light play, right you were all HIPs/HPS and CMH and changing bulbs at one point when you flipped? You used to do that.

What a lot of LED light people I guess don’t tell you is they’ve designed the Kelvin curve for you between the cold white veg and warm white flower to get to their optimum “House Colour Spectrum” And hey! Loads of awesome sponsors and others make great lights! I have some amazing @Mars Hydro lights, 3 types, 6 total.

But this, I think I’m only just starting to understand the “why” of the “Tri” Dimmer. Its not for home growers so much, its so you can plot your own spectral map. I’m meeting them next week in Bangkok at the Hemp Expo and getting a controller. Figure out if I can do fancy stuff like just have the UV on an hour a day or whatever. Then it makes sense.

Then obviously I google “most efficient cannabis light map” and program in whatever the first hit says 🤣

Because seriously! Been doing this a year so wtf do I know!

Nick

PS - nerding out on this light, yeah really excited!
Nah must have been some other dude! I always ran 50/50 - 60/40 HPS/(C)MH in flower, 1200w max in 4x4 during winter months. Some cycles I played around with CFL's, both 6400K from underneath pointing up vertically and UV reptile bulbs for UV-A/B.

Most of that doesn't make much sense anymore when you have LED's with both wider range and more complete spectrum of light. I've been wanting to order some UV-A LED "pucks". I've looked at Rapid LEDs UV-A pucks forever. Shipping and import is way to high here to make it reasonable

Nah must have been some other dude! I always ran 50/50 - 60/40 HPS/(C)MH in flower, 1200w max in 4x4 during winter months. Some cycles I played around with CFL's, both 6400K from underneath pointing up vertically and UV reptile bulbs for UV-A/B.

Most of that doesn't make much sense anymore when you have LED's with both wider range and more complete spectrum of light. I've been wanting to order some UV-A LED "pucks". I've looked at Rapid LEDs UV-A pucks forever. Shipping and import is way to high here to make it reasonable
Yep but I more meant when growers actually needed to think about the K of the light along the grow.

Now - no doubt the major players have their design for every man grows. Great built in ranges for the full grow.

This isn’t designed for just a 5x5 single light setup 😂

There’s no settings height chart or anything!

I’m totally in love with it!

What a quest! Learn it by eye.

Its though I think for 20 light plus operations programming it with their tweaks for light delivery through the grow

Not for idiot me in a 5x5 🤣

IMG_8084.jpeg

Hmmm, they’re on 8am - 2am under a new light. Reckon maybe I’d pump the 3200k (flower light) a little more if I wanted as many PPFD as before but if anything tomorrow I’ll more likely max the 4500k Veg light. Maybe both. They get gas tomorrow.

The front centre was a bit over watered, the hose pipe from the beg tank properly spluttered having not been used a while. But she is perking up from I reckon a slight overwatering (in coco I know! 😂) The generally pretty pray pray since up pot.

There’s a few bugs about. Found a spray bottle of already mixed neem and it looked a little dark so not saying I don’t trust my step daughters maths skills I diluted probs about 4 times through the tap and just gave them a mist eith it. Its early veg we’re good with that. Its pet safe organic neem allegedly.
My brain when you post a pic... Where did he find a dripper that small I swear I got the smallest size 🤔 oh no he has larger solo cups almost the same size as my fabric pots! Yet my brain still can't upscale that dripper to be the same size as mine 🤣
So messed up!

The dripper is 100mm/10cm/4 Inches

We use the 25cm - 10 Inch in our 5 gallons - they’re 30cm dia so perfect.

How big you reckon my smile was when I checked the diameter of those Giant Solos and figured the 20 100mm ones would fit 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Told my wife, “Told ya I had a plan for them” when I showed her the perfect fit. Having slightly/maybe misordered them like 8 months ago - dunno I run lucky.

Oh but, but, & Co is pretty when she does a disdainful flounce 😂

Aaah they are a bit smaller then, mine are 120mm/5 inches..

🤣🤣 I've had that smile for sure.. but buying without thinking about the dripper & then it hits you 🤣 that relief 😁👌

Nice that means u was right without words 🤣 they have trouble using some words lol

Aaah they are a bit smaller then, mine are 120mm/5 inches..

🤣🤣 I've had that smile for sure.. but buying without thinking about the dripper & then it hits you 🤣 that relief 😁👌

Nice that means u was right without words 🤣 they have trouble using some words lol
Yeah sorry they’re 12cm 😂

Either I buy too much or I get lucky.

Weird - was taking these photos and Meijiu messaged with a VIP Expo pass. Nice synchronisty type thing. Think the VIP pass is worth precisely FA. Rizen I bought the HPS and CMH from for the last Solo grow messaged yesterday to check which day I was coming.

We spoke a bit about UV light, I bumped ours up to maybe 30% earlier for a couple of hours. The controller I’m collecting can pulse it like 30 mins on/off or do an hour mid day just a few clicks on the screen. He’s the marketing guy but seen a lot of grows. Some the pictures he sends me from commercial grows are mental! But he knows some stuff. He won’t be drawn on it - “some people like some approaches and others different. You outlined both styles we know people use.”

I’ll try and tease out a bit more next Saturday.

Nick

IMG_8099.jpeg
IMG_8102.jpeg
IMG_8101.jpeg
IMG_8100.jpeg

IMG_8111.jpeg

We got some of the stuff done but not the irrigation and kinda fed up “Should I order another 40 metres of Netafim tube or we have 12x 3m pieces?” Last week it was discovered we only have 8x 3m lengths and a lot of 0.6 - 2.4m pieces (where the stepson last fucked me with this pipe) Jeez.

So I ordered 80m and until then we water with a hosepipe.

But in my, shall we say, mild irritation, if you count “that f’ng c’ing kid said there was enough a week ago when I asked did i need to order more?”

Something like that, you know mild, irritation I seriously compounded the issue. I said “just water them”

Its coco peat. Trust me you can overwater. Look at the droopy and over pronounced veins.

I backed the lights off a touch. UV zero, Cool White 60% Warm White 20%.

Left the run off from feed in there. Feels a little low on humidity but the. They’re bigger girls now.

Idiot. They didn’t actually need water today. First day of veg I forget through frustration. Don’t be like me! Every 48 hours at this point is more than enough.
The coco peat is sodden.

Sure they’ll be fine. Just annoyed I let emotion get in the way a touch.

Anyway @Azimuth will likely try and baste me in the run up to Thanksgiving for you US based peeps .

So I’m getting in mine early 😂

Nick & Co

IMG_8110.jpeg

IMG_8139.jpeg
IMG_8140.jpeg

They look alright, I hear a whisper they got fed a little by accident - please kid. Leave my plants alone.

This rumour involves & Co fury which amuses me. No one wants to be on the receiving end of that 😂 I have so far lived my life without getting a full dose of it - long may that continue!

They look alright. Ticked the Cool white up two clicks. Dunno where that leaves them. 80%? Not looking.

The Netafim pipe and new Co2 tanks come tomorrow, yay! Then we have a decision to make.

So we’re basically “lazy quadline and defoliate” That’s what we do. Scrog would get in the way of the defol.

But this 5x5 has lots of doors and I have two 5x5 Scrog nets next to me. Way more room relative to our flower room (that’s way bigger but much higher plant density) so I’m mulling using them here.

We’ll see.

I got to design a water supply and drainage system for three tents and the washing machine & Co moved out the kitchen into the garage with the tents today.

“Look at the new chest freezer for your ice honey!” Yeah right, honey! What’s really going in there?!”

Any way - plants fine. Tread water here another day or so. Irrigation and gas tomorrow. The HVAC can wait as its just background perfect.

My caveman sensors tell me its like 75% Rh and 28c in there.

My @Mars Hydro sensors tell me a little different but meh. They do read high for me.

Nick & Co

image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom