Night's Hydro GPK Grow - New Strain From Blimburn

Here she is in all her bushy glory at day 30 of flower :) Again thank you to all. Their are also some photos from week 3 to show growth size :)
20150319_230918.jpg
20150319_230926.jpg
20150319_230934.jpg
20150319_230947.jpg
20150321_230859.jpg
20150321_230924.jpg
20150321_230935.jpg
20150321_230944.jpg
20150321_230953.jpg
20150321_231008.jpg

I'll be looking at all your grows so expect another sub and friend along from your own experiences :) :Namaste:

We encountered some ph problems a couple weeks ago but that has been rectified, thats why you can see some leaves with yellowing. All in the learning and she's the healthiest so far! :)

That is one big healthy lookin plant. Have you thought of taken out some of the fan leaf for better light penetration.

Thanks bro :) I have thought about a minor defoliation but its so bushy i don't know where to start. We are changing her nutrients to full bloom feed tonight so before we put the water in we'll (me and my gf) do a defol. Do you have any suggestions on defoliation and how severe you do/don't be? Any opinion on the matter would be muchly appreciated :)

Excellent stretch going there and your top growth looks quite healthy. She's going to be huge!

She's the biggest plant we've grown so far, happy they she is healthy and not showing deficiencies like our previous plants :) Can't wait to see how the flowers form and if i get any purple, hopefully it gets colder here.

Thanks bro :) I have thought about a minor defoliation but its so bushy i don't know where to start. We are changing her nutrients to full bloom feed tonight so before we put the water in we'll (me and my gf) do a defol. Do you have any suggestions on defoliation and how severe you do/don't be? Any opinion on the matter would be muchly appreciated :)

I like to take a simple, laid back approach to defoliation. I stand over the plant, looking down. I start with the budsites I can see, and follow them down, tucking fan leaves out of the way to allow the most light penetration possible. Any leaves that I can't tuck out of the way are cut off.

Next I gently search through the leaves to find any bud sites hidden under leaves, I try to avoid touching buds as much as possible to avoid damaging pistils, and to avoid taking off any trichomes with my hands and fingers. I do the same thing as before, I try to tuck leaves out of the way first, anything that won't stay tucked gets cut off.

I've found that some leaves need to be re-tucked every day, and others just stay out of of the way once tucked. The leaves hold stored nutrients that the plant can draw from later if needed, so I personally prefer to leave as many on as possible, some other growers prefer to use a more aggressive defoliation method, but have also had great results. So it's basically just a matter of finding which method works best for you.

That's a damn fine looking plant there. She looks healthy and vigorous. :thumb:

Firstly thanks antics, its taken 2 grows but i think we're starting to get this grow thing down :) I have been researching defoliation on youtube and other websites. I also took your advice in a sense Antics with being laid back and not worrying about what i'm doing, thanks brother :) Here are some photos to show you the now 'bare' bush :p Enjoy and let me know what you think!
20150322_234653.jpg
20150322_234708.jpg
20150322_234715.jpg
20150322_234719.jpg
20150322_234725.jpg

:thanks:

It looks like you just defoliated like a pro. That looks perfect to me. Tons of leaves left to help the plant, but enough removed so the budsites all get light.

:rollit:

Wow thanks ants, me and my gf just went with instinct so happy to hear we're doing something right! Trying to give this girl the best possible chance to really produce some dense frosty flowers. So exciting :)

I myself and me just take off big fan leaves that block light to a bud site. I also just run my hand down the side of the buds to push the leaves down to expose the bud site to more light. That's just me lots of other people will have diff views and do things diff my method has been adapted from many growers right here. Not sure if its right or not but it does seem to work well for my Cabinet.

should have read further before replying since Antics cover all the points and you did a great job clearing away the undergrowth on the great looking plant. reps to you my friend.

Looks nice, keep it up. Gonna be some nice bud and I'm along to see!

We all learn together.

Ah geez did I say that?

Look out Hallmark here I come. hahahahaha.

Back
Top Bottom