Noobymacdooby's 2nd Grow - Cheese & Local Genetics - All The Gear But No Idea

Cobs and Quantum boards are available from Makelight or Growopz in Cape Town Nooby, it's where I'm buying mine as I'm a bit impatient and want them immediately as the cash is available lol

Yeah I go into contact with them last week, ordered another set of far red leds to initiate the sleep cycle and will be getting some 620 to 650nm reds for the wake cycle too. (at least I think its that range will have to check my notes)

Very helpful chaps and their prices are only a couple of hundred more than rapidled after postage / customs so I'd say go for it. If any components are busted it wont be a mission to replace. And if you dont have frame making skills they sell a decent looking frame, if somewhat overpowered though.

Ok so question time, I'm having what appears to be some slight cupping from heat / light stress. My temp is a constant 25 celsuis and the humidity is at 70% for the veg stage. I'v tried lowering the temps, lowering the humidity and adjust light heights/brightness but it just wont seem to go away. Its not getting worse but also not getting better. And its only on the new growth

I've eliminated the chances of it being p.h or nutes as the deep water culture and soil show the same issues. I've made changes to the fan blowing on them too. I did read somewhere that it could be related to pests. I had some gnats in the room and some spidermites. Gnats are gone and the spidermites seem to be dying off as there are less and less spots on the leaves.

Some pictures:
P10405431.JPG

P1040544.JPG

P1040545.JPG

Pretty happy though with the DWC setup this is a weeks worth of root growth:
P1040549.JPG

Spider mites fucked me up. Here have a look.
420-magazine-mobile1206992406.jpg

Both are GG and the one on the right is about 2 weeks older than the one on the right.
Left had No spider mites as it wasn't in my box at the time, right had it. It slows down the growth by some.

Spider mites fucked me up. Here have a look.
420-magazine-mobile1206992406.jpg

Both are GG and the one on the right is about 2 weeks older than the one on the right.
Left had No spider mites as it wasn't in my box at the time, right had it. It slows down the growth by some.

Wow yeah that's quite the impact....do we have like super spider mites or something in SA??

One of the plants have started showing pre-flowers....coming out the side so could be a boy:
P1040554.JPG

P1040556.JPG

But the previous plant that showed pre-flowers also came more out the side than the middle:
P1040552.JPG

I find it odd though that the plant would show pre-flowers while on an 18 / 6 light schedule. Unless the unknown genetics have some auto flower in them. The kei was once home to some crazy sativa landraces but now its just a mess of genetics.

It's meant to yes, that's really odd man. Yes for those with trained eyes you should be able to sex a plant at 3 weeks. I couldn't.
I suppose you have checked that it's running the full 18 hours?

So this is my 2nd go at growing my own smoking stuffs. 1st grow actually managed to finish and got some great smelling and smooth smoking heads out the deal but not much in way of potency. At least it was better than the bag section it came from.

Doing a 2nd run with 1 cheese plant (sex unknown), some bag seed genetics and some seeds from a mate who grew a very healthy plant last summer.
I chose to go for the bag seed now as I'm a nooby and dont want to spend money on fancy seeds only to fck-em up.

SO 2 plants are running in a DWC setup (homemade, taking it through its 1st run) but I'm taking a big gamble with them as I dont know if they will be females. Hoping for the best. Running the EHG nutes in it.

The other plants are all in soil of my own making - coco coir, perlite, organic compost, kelp powder, bone meal, worm castings, myckroroot, rock dust and ocean grow fertilizer. They all have a few centimeters of perlite on the top to help fight fungus gnats.
I started all of these plants outside as I was making changes and installing a pi driven room controller so they got gnats and spidermites on them but I've hopefully killed most of them off.

My room setup (also this is what happens when you have a role of sisalation lying around,you make all the things shiny) :

P10405161.JPG

plants:

P10405181.JPG

P10405192.JPG

DWC:
P10405202.JPG

My lifghts - good ol led cobs:
P10405221.JPG

and my room controller gui:
room_control.jpg

The pii controller and relays etc. was setup for me by a electrical computer whizz

My goal with this grow is to end with 6 plants - 2 DWC and 4 soil. So I started with waay to many plants but hopefully they'l whittle down once the males show up. Not even sure if my current light setup will be enough for 6 but until I win the lottery I can't afford anymore lights.

Any friends of its is a friend of mine.
Blunt rolled puff puff pass sup hemp..

I hope it cool I tag along for the reading .

Yeah using my own soil mix - coco coir, perlite, some fine compost, worm castings, mykroroot, rock dust powder, bonemeal, diatomaceous earth, kelp powder and some added ocean grow organic fertilizer. I'm also using some bottled additives and nutes but very little nutes at the moment if at all. I'm doing a combo of organic and bottled nutes but they're all the bio bizz stuff...you know "organic". I may have spent too much time reading and watching different growers and approaches so my feed program is a bit all over the show at the moment

As for location lets just say in the eastern area of our country. So most of the bag stuff comes from the Transkei. Sadly you don't see much of the old school Transkei Gold anymore. All the travellers spreading seeds down there have muddled the gene pool a bit. But hey sometimes you can get lucky.

Very nice part of SA man, I'm down here in Slaapstad .
I intend making my own soil one day, but as a noob myself I was looking rather at something that has been put together especially for the plant in mind. There are a few guys out your way on the 420SA site also so come say Hi.
I take it you cooked the soil for a bit?

Back
Top Bottom