2nd Journal

week 12...well i'm not sure how healthy she is...but shes still growing, there is still the yellowing/wilting problem...but i've noticed stretching and pre-flowers since going 12/12. so it's not like the problem is life threatening. i gave her some 1/4 strength open sesame last night and she looked very happy this morn...i have changed my watering habits, i got a good tip in the F A Q forum and i water initially about 1 a gallon that drains right thru, out of that 1 gallon i suck 90% out of the catch basin then 4 hrs later i give her a 1/2 gallon more that all gets absorbed with no run off. i've done this the last 2 times i watered and i feel she is getting watered properly now.

DSCN14523.JPG

DSCN14544.JPG

this little plant had been 12/12, 42 days now. her buds are growing plump an sticky, for now the male flowers have stopped popping up.
DSCN14576.JPG

DSCN14633.JPG

i read in one of my old cannabis cultivating books that if you let the plant have a little pollen and make a few seeds it looses the urge to produce male flowers. so maybe my little slip up of dropping a male bud an pollinating it was a good thing

nice update, at least if it has pollenated then you will have a few seeds as well as some bud from it, ive not read to much about hermies but if i ever had 1 i might try the same as you, if it works then its a huge bonus, saves losing a whole plant

thanks don, yeah a few seeds is not a bad thing....even tho they say that seeds from a hermy are more likely to reproduce another hermy i'll take the chance rather than go thru the disappointment of growing a male plant. all of my plants for the last year are from my hermy seeds, and all have at some point hermied. but i know this going into it so i just keep a close watch on them and pick off the male flowers before they open.i'd like to find out more info about 2nd generation hermies, just in case there are any inbreeding compilations.

as i was examining my plant this morn i noticed that where i had tied the branches down the wire had cut into the branches and the plant has grown around it. i used this wire i had found taking down a ceiling in an old house i was working in, it's from the early 1900's. could it be toxic ??
DSCN14642.JPG

DSCN14652.JPG

do any of y'all think the copper wire that is now enveloped by the plant could be the cause of my yellowing/wilting problem ????

well this I do know if you put a piece of copper in a aquarium it will kill plants and alge that grow in the tank.
so from knowing that I would not use it on my MJ plants, but thats me.

i'm thinking i shouldn't have used it ...lol. because it's "cotton covered" wire not a modern wire with a plastic covering when the plant grew around it there was no protection from the copper

I think you may have been better off donating it to a museumLOL

well I think it would be better if it wasnt there. and the wound as long as its not the entire way around should heal ok!
but you do what you think is best. because I would hate to think that if something bad happened it was because of my suggestion.
now if it were mine I would remove it and maybe take a piece of tape and cover it up till it healed

yeah...i think the plant will be happier without the wires growing into her...i'm gunna wait until just before lights out and extract the wires, it will be less stress on her healing up over night rather than in the heat of the day

yeah...i think the plant will be happier without the wires growing into her...i'm gunna wait until just before lights out and extract the wires, it will be less stress on her healing up over night rather than in the heat of the day
well I will send some good vibes and a prayer:)

thanks fish... ya know every time i see your signature, i realize... i am the roller ...and i'm getting dangerously close to having nothing left to roll.

dont let Pearl get near you or she will crumble you up and flic out your bones and teeth like worthless stems and seeds:) the great smoke off, by Shell Silversteen:high-five:

i did another massive trim on the SCROG today, i cut 80% of her leaves off and about a third of her branches...the branches were very small and never going to grow thru the canopy. plus i now know from experience if the middle of the plant is too dense all ya get is moldy buds.
DSCN14686.JPG

DSCN14694.JPG

I always get nervous when I defoliate, but it always does fine.
Looking good.
Thanks dadums, Me too, but it's a necessary evil. i've defoliated her 4 times now and she just takes it in stride. if i didn't do it the middle of the plant would have just gotten moldy. anyhoo by the weekend you won't even be able to tell i did it...lol

Back
Top Bottom