2nd Journal

wait till those babies fill in you are going to be more than happy:)
just posted the end of my scrog today. the next pics will be trimed love:)

week 14, the SCROG has doubled in size in a week ! and to think 3 weeks ago i was ready to cut her down and start over. man was i wrong.
week-14.JPG

8-26-121.JPG

DSCN14974.JPG

it,s hard to get a good pic of her shes kinda trapped in the grow box

she is as good as it gets:bravo:

thanks fish... every morning when i open her grow box them buds looks a little bigger
8-28.JPG

the long stems full of buds remind me of Thai-sticks
DSCN15014.JPG

things are starting to get sticky :)
DSCN14994.JPG

MMMMM thai sticks

week 15, the SCROG is looking really good, her buds are getting fatter everyday ! it's been a hot week and with close to 400 actual watts of CFL's going in the grow box it's been very hot in there. i have been spritzing her and have a fan going to keep her cool. her trichome production has really increased this week,
week_151.JPG
the 4 weeks of open sesame did her wonders. today i start her on Beastie Bloomz.
9-2-121.JPG

DSCN15073.JPG

DSCN15103.JPG

I really like ff nutes and it seems your ladies do too. nice grow man simply beautifull:goodjob:

the next crop is growing at an unbelievable rate. two an a half weeks ago they looked like this..
8-16.JPG

now they look like this :)
9-23.JPG

for 3 weeks they have only had the 2 68/200 6500K CFL's over them, i don't have room to transplant them into bigger containers yet or increase the lighting.

that 2 week difference is amazing, cant believe how much they have grown, do you add anything to your compost before putting it in pots, like perlite etc etc, just wondered as i dont add anything to mine but im thinking i might benefit from adding something to it, when i harvested a plant and pulled it out the compost i noticed that the soil in the middle of the pot was bone dry yet the top and bottom inch or so was wet and the same around the edge of the pot, the soil touching the pot was moist but where the main root system was it seemed really dry. so im thinking i need something like perlite adding to my next batch of compost

that 2 week difference is amazing, cant believe how much they have grown, do you add anything to your compost before putting it in pots, like perlite etc etc, just wondered as i dont add anything to mine but im thinking i might benefit from adding something to it, when i harvested a plant and pulled it out the compost i noticed that the soil in the middle of the pot was bone dry yet the top and bottom inch or so was wet and the same around the edge of the pot, the soil touching the pot was moist but where the main root system was it seemed really dry. so im thinking i need something like perlite adding to my next batch of compost

If you do not have perlite and vermiculite in your grow mix ( which keeps the soil nice and fluffy ) the soil compacts and becomes a clay, allowing no oxygen for the roots and a very tight space for them to try and spread their roots thus reducing the plants vigour and lowering yield. This would explain your Dry patch. :)

A clump of soil in your hand should fall apart when poked, that is the perfect mix, nice light and airy, if it sticks together then the soil is too clay like.

Hope this helped :)

:peace:

so i think by the sounds of it that i need some perlite then mate, im using compost out of the bag with nothing added, so ill get some perlite for my next pot change and add some to the mix, not sure how much but ill have a look around the net and see what the best mixture is

this time i'm using a mix of composted cow manure and miracle grow organic choice potting soil mix. i'm not a big fan of fluffy soils. the SCROG is in FF ocean forest, it's a very fluffy soil, it takes double watering to get the soil wet.(i water about 1 an 1/2 gallons that most of runs right thru then i water 4 or 5 hrs later, i give her about a gallon and it all gets absorbed) but ya have to have some fluff , so i like to experiment with different compost and soil mixes. it's all about finding what works best for you. i think whats making the new crop grow so fast is the chicken manure tea i have been feeding them,i have some organic dehydrated chicken manure that i use to make a compost tea. the smell is rank as shit...lol but it works wonders

so i think by the sounds of it that i need some perlite then mate, im using compost out of the bag with nothing added, so ill get some perlite for my next pot change and add some to the mix, not sure how much but ill have a look around the net and see what the best mixture is

I gave you the mixture in the response to your post on Tesmps page :thumb:

thanks both, i wrote the mixture down so ill see what i can pick up, its got to be worth a try, i got to transplant the veg plants into bigger pots so they can go into flower, so ill pick some up from the garden center and give it a try, i might be surprised and get the results im looking for, but when i harvested my last plant the soil was bone dry in the very middle of the pot and the top and bottom was damp so clearly their is a problem, ill give the mix a try, it should improve things loads, i should of done it from the start but i thought the compost was ok as it was, maybe this is why im not hitting the targets i want.

thanks both ill let you know how i get on, maybe this is where ive been going wrong all along, everything else is perfect so ill give this a try and see what happens, reps for you both if it lets me give it, doublejointed got reps, i must of give greenfingers reps in the last few days cuz it says i got to spread some love first before giving you any more reps,

Make sure to get the largest square pots that you possibly can to fit in your space comfortably, you should take some measurements to be on the safe side.

An 11 litre pot is usually only 22cm and an 18 litre pot is 30 cm or exactly a foot, if you wanted to go even higher a 25 litre is 34cm :)

The more root space you can provide the better especially if you can make it nice and airy, the roots will explode :)

Back
Top Bottom