2nd Journal

doublejointed

Hey folks, my first journal was such fun i decided to make another. this time around i will attempt to grow small. i'm going to try and follow the FF 12 week schedule.

What strain is it?..................................................not sure,bag seed... 2nd generation from hermie mother
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? ......prolly a bit of all 3
Is it in Veg or Flower stage?...................................veg
If in Veg... For how long?.......................................12 days
If in Flower stage... For how long?...........................N/A
Indoor or outdoor?................................................indoor
Soil or Hydro?......................................................soil
If soil... what is in your mix?...................................FF Ocean Forest
If soil... What size pot?.........................................2gal pail
Size of light?.......................................................CFL (lights will vary thru the grow)
Is it aircooled?....................................................yes
Temp of Room/cab?.............................................N/A
RH of Room/cab?.................................................N/A
PH of media or res?..............................................6.5
Any Pests ?........................................................fruit flies
How often are you watering?.................................as needed
Type and strength of ferts used?............................N/A

Ok...i planted 3 seeds on 5-13, they sprouted on the 17th. on 5-21 i transplanted 2 into smaller containers for my next project. i guess this is more of an experiment for me so i can play around and find out what works best and learn from it

so here is germination day...2 popped up in 3 days the 3rd the next day
DSCN12516.JPG

5-21 transplanted 2 of the plants into 16oz solo cups
5-22-12.JPG

these 2 have been getting 12 hrs a day of natural sunlight...it's kind of a little test(sun/ cfl), plus i don't have room in my grow box for more plants yet
5-26.JPG

the plant is growing faster than any of the last 6 plants i grew...it must be the FF Ocean Forest soil. she has 1 set of 3 finger leaves and starting the 1st 5 finger leaves with branches starting at the base of the leaves. i cut off the top off her last night, with 4 branches starting she should be a four headed monstah
DSCN13156.JPG

the lighting ain't so good in this pic ...but you can see where i cut her. she healed the wound overnight and looks very happy this morn

i may have to re-think this ....i was going to try and grow her small in a 2 gal pail and do it in 90 days...but she is just so damm eager to grow, i have a 20 gal container full of FFOF so i am going to transplant her into that and do a SCROG. looks like my weekend project is building a bigger grow box...lol

OK...week 2. this little plant is getting transplanted into a bigger container today, she'll go from the closet into a grow box with more lighting. she has been growing fine under just 1 23/100 watt 6500K CFL, but she'll get a couple 68/200 6500K. any one have any thoughts on how early you can start lsting ?
DSCN13482.JPG

hi, great start to your journal, i also started on cfls, and they took me well into flower but i ended up using 400 actual watts so made sense to switch to hps and thats where im at not with mine, just getting ready to harvest my 1st plant any day now, when most growers on here talk about cfls we always use the actual watts and not the crap they say it compares to.

you asked about the lst, id start now, the 2 tops you got coming out, well use some pipe cleaners and pull them so their running out towards the edge of the pot, then do this to any growth at the nodes, this will leave you with a big bushy plant, i did it with mine, not to much but i did and thats the one im getting ready to harbest, i left it a bit late and the stem was hard to lst so it needs to be done early, plus as soon as you get them top branches growing out sideways it forces the nodes to grow as they then become the top of the plant, i think as you have topped early and if you lst early you will end up with an amazing scrog, as your using cfls a scrog is a good idea, thats why i lst with mine as i was using cfls

hi, great start to your journal, i also started on cfls, and they took me well into flower but i ended up using 400 actual watts so made sense to switch to hps and thats where im at not with mine, just getting ready to harvest my 1st plant any day now, when most growers on here talk about cfls we always use the actual watts and not the crap they say it compares to.

you asked about the lst, id start now, the 2 tops you got coming out, well use some pipe cleaners and pull them so their running out towards the edge of the pot, then do this to any growth at the nodes, this will leave you with a big bushy plant, i did it with mine, not to much but i did and thats the one im getting ready to harbest, i left it a bit late and the stem was hard to lst so it needs to be done early, plus as soon as you get them top branches growing out sideways it forces the nodes to grow as they then become the top of the plant, i think as you have topped early and if you lst early you will end up with an amazing scrog, as your using cfls a scrog is a good idea, thats why i lst with mine as i was using cfls
thanks don, yeah i'll start the lst later today.

Back
Top Bottom