2nd Journal

here is what the lights look like today....i keep adding or subtracting bulbs to find what works best
DSCN13686.JPG
the 2 long 65/200 watt may not be there much longer they are to big
DSCN13674.JPG
looking down from the top
DSCN13666.JPG

The 2 large bulbs are wasting light. CFL's give more off the sides. (unless you leave them low for side lighting later) Dollar store aluminum pans make good reflectors. I love the whole MacGyver setup.
yeah the 2 big bulbs are just to big an heavy to mount sideways...but they are of the 6500K flavor and they add a lot of blue light into the box. for whatever reason it's not easy to find good 6500 K bulbs in the 42/150 wattage. the most important thing to keep in mind with ur reflectors is to have good ventilation,CFL's can over heat without air circulation

this pic is with just the 6 CFL's in the 2700K flavor
DSCN13703.JPG

this one has the 2 6500K bulbs on too, not sure if you can notice the difference as good in the pics as here in person...but it really does make a difference
DSCN13722.JPG

i gave her a trim last night and took the weights off so she would grow up a bit. i need to put a screen over her but i want her taller so i have clearance between the container and the screen
DSCN13763.JPG

Ok, here we are at week 4. this little plant is growing like a weed...lol. i trimmed her 2 days ago and she grew back more leaves than i cut off 2 days ago.... i hate this predicament....do i cut off more leaves to keep the middle open to light ? do i let her go for a week or two so she will grow faster ?

well i cheeped out and bought a crappy screen to put in place for now...i looked high and low for some screen, with all of the crapp i accumulated in 54 years i had no screen...it was either buy a 25' roll of screen or this
DSCN13782.JPG

DSCN13773.JPG

well taking the weights off her was a big mistake, she started standing up too much... this is what she looked like before i cut off leaves
DSCN13833.JPG
so i cut a bunch of leaves off and tied her back down.
DSCN13863.JPG

Back
Top Bottom