2nd Journal

i don't know why my plants grow so compacted...the leaves and branches are only about 3/8ths of an inch apart. if i don't trim leaves every other day it will become one big mass of leaves. anyone have any thoughts on making her grow taller ? think if i raise the lights it will make her stretch ? i know when i cut back to 12/12 she will stretch but i wanted to let her go 8 weeks before 12/12 and it's only week 5 now. i'm afraid all the trimming i'm doing is slowing her growth...one step forward and two steps back
DSCN13882.JPG

DSCN13892.JPG

this is my side project...shes the same age as the other girl but has been abused since week one(less light,smaller container) i have been cutting leaves and branches off trying to make her tall an lean

week 6, she is doing good ...it's a much slower process growing this SCROG than just letting her grow up right... i estimate about 2-4 more weeks of veg. this is her on friday after i trimmed off leaves
DSCN13922.JPG

this is her this morn
DSCN13942.JPG
. sorry the updates have been few and far between ...but it's a boring stage of the growth ...

week 7....not much change...progress is slow, it's been really hot and it's stressin her a bit. the tips of her leaves have turned yellow. i'm guessin it's only a heat issue, i raised the lights up some ...hopefully that will help
DSCN14012.JPG

DSCN14022.JPG

DSCN14032.JPG
i count 40 branches on her
DSCN13981.JPG

week 8... same old same old...i cut, she grows. friday i did a massive defoliation
DSCN14044.JPG
i know it seems crazy to chop off 80% of the foliage but it opens up the interior of the plant so all the branches can grow to the same height. this is what she looked like today
DSCN14093.JPG
DSCN14062.JPG
she bounces back in 2-3 days

my side project... jenna2.0
DSCN14111.JPG

she is flowering nicely ...but...yep, nanners, it's the earliest i have had male flowers pop out on me. i have been cutting off as i see them starting...hopefully if i can stay on top of them she will stop producing male flowers
DSCN14104.JPG

hey dj, Iam liking the scrog. Tsemp made me think about it so I did. I think you will be happy to:) the rest of your grow looks sweet too!
if you get some spare time check my scrog out. I'am sure I will do it again:goodjob:

week 9.... the scrog grow didn't get a trim this week...it's been brutally hot here and she is showing signs of heat stress, i think she just needs to grow wild for a few weeks
DSCN14152.JPG

jenna2.0 hott damm... she's buddin up nice. i have been feeding her the Burpee nuets this go around rather than the FF
DSCN10252.JPG
to soon to tell if there is much of a diff.
DSCN14142.JPG

DSCN14132.JPG

i moved the lights around, i have 2/ 23 watt 2/42 watt and 2 68 watt...between that and watering yesterday afternoon she grew 2" over
DSCN14123.JPG
night

Back
Top Bottom