Northern Lights Feminized Outdoor Grow First Time

tugagrown

Hello fellow cannabis lovers, :welcome:
this is my first grow, thought I would document it here to show people my progress and give some insight on first time grows. any problems i come across i will post here and hopefully get some useful tips from you helpful dudes.

I planted my feminized northern lights seeds on sunday the13th of april. they're on my varanda, 4 of them in plastic cups with compo sana universal soil and the other in a rectangular pot with old soil just to see what happens. i water them when the soil is mostly dry or just by looking at the seedling and making a judgement. I let the water pot (with water inside) air out for a day or so before watering, something about leveling the pH? tap water where i live is said to be between 6-9ph.

They're looking good so far, might fill the cups up with some more soil as the stem looks a bit too high and could become unstable and snap maybe, what do you think?

my spot gets 5-7 hours sunlight a day, the past two days have been a bit cloudy but I've read that feminized seeds are strong and grow pretty much anywhere so i'm feeling quite confident. so far i have left my seedlings outside, getting about 5 hours of sunlight though yesterday there was no sun just clouds and today they caught about 3 hours or so. is this a good idea to leave seedlings out in the sun or should i gradually put them out in the sun so they dont get burnt?

thank you for reading and happy smokes! posts will follow.

here are some photos so far:

DSC_000575.jpg

Hey guys so its been nearly 3 weeks (on Sunday) since I planted my babies. Here's how they're going so far:

To me they're looking pretty good. I transplanted the one into the bigger round pot this afternoon but i think I didn't put it deep enough, the distance between the soil and the first node seems way to high, but maybe I'm wrong. Any thoughts? Should I top it up with more soil?

Another thing about the girl in the round pot is that the middle part of the leaves (pic below) seems a little yellowy to me. Some potassium needed maybe? I've got this fertilizer bottle thats been around for I don't know how long, in the sun outside, its NPK levels are 6-2-6 and has some iron and zinc in there too. Would this fertilizer composition be beneficial to my plants do you think?

The other two plants that are in the plastic bottle are going to be donated to a friend, don't want to risk having 5 in my balcony, seems a bit much. Hopefully the smell won't be intense.

Remember I will be keeping this updated every week or so. happy smokes!

Much love.
DSC_003326.JPG
DSC_003126.JPG
DSC_003219.JPG
DSC_003522.JPG
DSC_003819.JPG

Welcome tugagrown,

I'm not familiar with your soil blend. If it has any nutrients at all in it I would not add anything at this point. It's pretty early for a deficiency, even in an inert mix without nutes. The seedlings can feed themselves from stored supplies for quite a while. Keep an eye on the new growth for a few days. The lighter color center of new growth will typically green up as it grows outward and matures.

The stem length looks fine as well. If they are outside and in a spot that can catch a breeze now and then the stems will strengthen up on their own.

If you can, let your water sit in a container for 24 hours prior to watering.

Good luck and happy growing,
/Obi-Wan Cannabinoid

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom