Nosey neighbour

Spindler

420 Member
Hi fellow gardeners,
I recently bumped into my neighbour (65 yrs old) and we started talking about gardening. He mentioned to me that i have a nice chilli plant in my garden??? I enquired how he knew, he said he looked over the 6ft fence!!! Well the chilli plant sits between my pineapple gum and white widow, both around 5ft high including pot. They are both 8 weeks in flower. They only have an estimated couple of weeks left. Im not sure i want to risk leaving them outside now (paranoia kickin in??) So can i bring them inside to finish the flowering cycle, or would that be too risky?? Plus we have 9 days of rain on the horizon.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

My grandfather used to tell folks they were Mexican tomato plants. How is your relationship with the fellar? It's human instinct to look over the fence. Maybe he's jelly? Or that's his suttle way of asking to join the party....

I wouldn't panic at all. If you have 5' tall plants 8 weeks into flower and only a 6' fence I would say lots of people know or at least everyone around you can smell it for sure.

I think if he was going to rat on you or rob you he wouldn't have let you know he was looking over your fence and obviously saw them. I bet he likes the ol chili himself. I'd look over the fence too if there was pineapple gum and white widow almost finished! I'd be way more worried about the rain myself.

Hey dudes,
Nobody has actually answered Spindleshanks really real question....!
'So can i bring them inside to finish the flowering cycle, or would that be too risky?? Plus we have 9 days of rain on the horizon.'

P.S I think he's in the UK

Hey dudes,
Nobody has actually answered Spindleshanks really real question....!
'So can i bring them inside to finish the flowering cycle, or would that be too risky?? Plus we have 9 days of rain on the horizon.'

P.S I think he's in the UK
true... I would not like the rain at the end on my almost finished buds. If I had the ability to bring them in, I would.

old codger
Ouch,@Emilya
j/k...
To answer the rain question,a few years ago,my crop got rained on hard for about ten minutes,and the added water weight on the buds split 3 of the 4 plants right down the middle-

I almost soiled myself when i first saw them,but some electrical tape and some zip ties put them back together,and they never missed a beat.

Point is,if ten minutes can do that much damage,you definitely don't want 9 days of it coming down on your plants.
I think leaving them out would do more damage than bringing them in,but it's ultimately your decision.

Hey Gardeners

Sorry for the late reply, and thanks heaps for all the comments!! And probably the old duffer does want a sample, to keep them lips sealed He liked my pickled onions (slight backhander) lol. And im in NSW Sydney way. The forecast dont look too promising, and they are packing weight on just using miracle gro fruits’n’blooms if i remember right?? So i will not take the risk and leave em out. I prepared the spare room last night for em. Hope they like the decor!!
You lot are awesome!!
Many thanks and roll em loose

Just a little update with a couple of pics, bought the 2 girls in,few days back now and monitored. I think probably 10 days left before the lumberjack is called. Big storms and heaps of rain are passing through for the next 5 days, so im glad i brought them in. Havent seen the neighbour, he may of gone away lol

Attachments

• 73EBE84C-08CC-416E-82A0-F5C53960DC02.jpeg
    73EBE84C-08CC-416E-82A0-F5C53960DC02.jpeg
    584.8 KB · Views: 161
  • 7DFC21B4-B3BA-442E-8EDA-9F9B2F713E46.jpeg
    7DFC21B4-B3BA-442E-8EDA-9F9B2F713E46.jpeg
    576.3 KB · Views: 162
Just a little update with a couple of pics, bought the 2 girls in,few days back now and monitored. I think probably 10 days left before the lumberjack is called. Big storms and heaps of rain are passing through for the next 5 days, so im glad i brought them in. Havent seen the neighbour, he may of gone away lol
Wise decision.
I’d have brought them in too.
Beautiful plants!

Damn,Spindleshanks-good thing you brought them in-those big ol' buds would
probably hold a pound of water each...

Beautiful girls you've got there!

Yeah its rare for me to make good decisions, but this was one of them occasions (with help from you guys) of course, Well this season is almost over for me til i germinate again in september, i have 2 Jack Herer seeds in a dry place for the next grow, im sure i might need some assistance along the way. Im glad i met you lot!!! Keep em green

He probably wasn't talking about the chili plant to begin with after looking at your pictures. My brother told me to straight up ask him if he smokes, if he says no, just act like you don't either, if he says yes? Burn 1 with him. Lol
Not a bad idea! I’ll do just that when he pops that bearded mug over my fence again . And then work on him to be guardian of the green next year when i go away.

Back
Top Bottom