Nutty & His Antics

if the pollen is ripe once should do , just turn off fans etc so it dont blow over them all , you just want to touch the pistols lightly , mark the branch you pollinate so you know if the pistols change on that branch , i snipped a couple of the leaf ends off to mark my branch i pollinated , if this make sense , i find explaining things in writing a tad hard
Very well stated, thank ya, and thank you for the encouragement here about a month ago on another thread when I was hung up on how to get to 30 ppm on CS and you told me that 10 ppm would work and woooot! It did, thanks again. I'll try not to pester ya too much more as times goes by and I make notes. Have a wonderful evening/morning.

Very well stated, thank ya, and thank you for the encouragement here about a month ago on another thread when I was hung up on how to get to 30 ppm on CS and you told me that 10 ppm would work and woooot! It did, thanks again. I'll try not to pester ya too much more as times goes by and I make notes. Have a wonderful evening/morning.
your very :welcome: if you dont ask you wont know , i had to ask a million things at one time:thumb:

As they might say on Monty Python, you lucky lucky bastard!

This season I have gone over the top spraying CS at 24ppm on 4 plants up to 6 times a day, and I didn't see a single banana, or a single pollen pod. Bit of f*cker really. I would have been chuffed to have made some female pollen for feminized seeds. You also found success with a lower concentration of CS too. If I try this again next year I will make a stronger batch at 50ppm or more and see if that helps. I even pricked the stems about 40 times with a pin to help the CS make it's effect but nothing, nada.

Well done with making the pollen! Even a little bit can go a long way.:morenutes:

You do an awesome job of things !
:thumb:
thanks mate , i am more a picture journal, as you can see .. was never the brightest button in the box ,
left school at the grand old age of 15 to work on fishing trawlers , became a skipper of a boat at 17 , then i was a pub manager , a chef of my own run pub kitchen in a couple of pubs in England , few places , from london to milton keynes , , so i didn't do too badly being a bit backward lol

This season I have gone over the top spraying CS at 24ppm on 4 plants up to 6 times a day, and I didn't see a single banana, or a single pollen pod. Bit of f*cker really. I would have been chuffed to have made some female pollen for feminized seeds. You also found success with a lower concentration of CS too. If I try this again next year I will make a stronger batch at 50ppm or more and see if that helps. I even pricked the stems about 40 times with a pin to help the CS make it's effect but nothing, nada.

Well done with making the pollen! Even a little bit can go a long way.:morenutes:
maybe the spray wasn't proper , maybe a knock off . there is one i get on fleabay , its in a blue bottle , never fails , i get three runs from it , if i find the empty bottle ill put up pic and tag you , ive a feeling i know where it is

your very :welcome: if you dont ask you wont know , i had to ask a million things at one time:thumb:
Awesome!

Thanks Stunger, I had bought a ten ounce bottle of 30ppm CS on fleaby for something like 22 dollars and used it up and nothing, zilch nada, pffft, and was two weeks into flower when I made my own with three 9v batteries and some silver, but it would only get to about 20 ppm then turn grey and ugly, but I sprayed it all over this gal, twice a day and within two weeks she was showing sacs.... not the best, because someone, me, had a fan blowing on the girl the whole time and most of the sacs deflated, so I was only able to gather a teensy bit. But it is yellow, and thank you!
If it don't work, I'll try it again. Have a great day!

Stunger i buy this one , works every time "no fails " yet​

P1130337.JPG

All looking good Nutty! Hope you're well mate. I need one of those super soaker things to collect run off. Hoping to have some critical mass pollen to play with soon too.
IMG_20210304_213119_DRO.jpg

nice one mate , lovely balls you have :laugh:

Nuttys tip of the day

when you have cats that like to piss on your hard work get one of these , its called a scare crow , i seen little dig marks in my compost pile and i had just cover cropped it with alfalfa yesterday

they work perfect over ponds to scare birds that eat fish , we used them for dogs getting into our garden before the fence went up , chase cats, squirrels etc even deer

9 battery , water hose supply , you can link them also so you could have a lot more than one running for a bigger place to cover , i had three going in the big garden just need one here

P1130341.JPG
P1130342.JPG

Here guys , remember i said ill make a pot that is harder to over water , well it worked too good , my white widow seedling were dried out pmsl :laugh::laugh: i might be able to save one the other :rip: i think i can water more in this pot mix , well i know i can :rofl:

not much exciting to show off , the two coco organics are smelly now , :drool:the two from harleys are twice the size of the parents now and growing strong, the others in the compost pile are small , too cold i think

P1130346.JPG
P1130347.JPG
P1130348.JPG
P1130357.JPG
P1130358.JPG
P1130359.JPG
P1130360.JPG
P1130361.JPG

@Bill284 made some dry amendments veg have you tried the coco with the dry amends ?
i mixed worm compost and pony manure with my coco this time , and will use my home made veg to see how it turns out , it is something the same and the bloom only i have a higher percent of fish blood and neem cake for vegging ,
or are you fully synthetic , bottle feeds , i change my mixes more than my socks lol and i have been changing them twice a day with the rain we be having :ganjamon:
P1130365.JPG
P1130366.JPG

Nuttys tip of the day :nerd-with-glasses:
Masking the smell from neighbors and thieves :hmmmm:
half fill a bucket with heavy oil , heating oil or diesel works good , you have the out let just above the heavy oil , enough that it blows and bubbles , then add some cloth or i used an old fabric so the smell is more of the oils and the other smell is hid :slide:

:thumb:
P1130367.JPG
P1130368.JPG
P1130369.JPG

Back
Top Bottom