OG Kush Round 2- In Soil - 1000Watt HPS - GH utes - CO2- Flipped Now- Going For 1LB!?

Re: OG Kush Round 2- In Soil - 1000Watt HPS - GH utes - CO2- Flipped Now- Going For 1

Wow! Looks like I came just in time :) that's one nice setup you got there my friend! Can't wait for the results.

Re: OG Kush Round 2- In Soil - 1000Watt HPS - GH utes - CO2- Flipped Now- Going For 1

Thanks MtZion!!
Welcome to 420 magazine.
enjoy!

Looking very nice!!!!! Are these from seed plants or off clone only?

And back on page 3, you posted:day 23 flower!!!!
These Gangster ladies are really starting to frost up!!

Are you just saying they look gangster, or do you think OG stands for Original Gangster? If its the latter, thats incorrect, It means "Ocean Grown".
I just want to make sure thats clearified, I want everyone to know whats correct. Nothing worse than misinformation.

But kick-ass grow regardless!!! Keep it up!

Thanks somedude,
they're all from clone.
To clarify, I wasn't referring to them as OG (Original Gangsters), and yes I know that the OG stands for Ocean Grown..
My friends and I have been calling the OG Kush's "gangsters" for the past year or so, kind of an inside joke..
Started with our homie that's really into gangster rap..

But thanks for that in case anyone else was confused there..

Sorry it took me so long to make it over vick but im here now lovely OG you got there i try to follow everyone who follows me so ill be here watching :popcorn:

No Sweat Mr. G!
Glad to have ya on board.
Hopefully these babies are going to plump up over the next few weeks!
Did my 45 day defoiliation last night, 1/4 strength flush, I also re-topped and tied down all the babies in the veg room..
Things are right on track!
will be updating photos in a few days.

Those Gangstas should be called... VG Kush perhaps. Vick grown Kush. ;)

pics be looking awesome bro, keep up the sick yardwork lol

I find that super croppin can delay the plant anywhere from 3 days to over a week. If I do it early veg then it's a quick recovery, but if I'm fighting height in flower and super crop then it can add an extra week to the schedule.

I think cutting the top 1/2 first and letting the bottom half develop for a week or two more is a good idea. I've seen a couple people do it here and the only negative thing they say is the bottom half can burn a bit harsher if you reapply nutrients. I would do it just cuz I've never done it lol...maybe do some full ones, and leave a couple bottom halfs in there to see what's better?

On the super cropping... I did some around 18-21 days bloom that sprung back up quickly and formed tough knots. However, I did some right after that that got so suddenly "set" into the bloom phase, that they didn't knot up or bend back toward the light much. I didn't see the second part coming so soon after - what a dramatic demonstration of the difference in behavior once the flowers really become the plants focus. Still, the super-cropped branches I did are growing comparable colas and buds have better development laterally. The branch didn't heal the same as those just a few days earlier, though. Like the flip of a switch. I think you had the latter experience by the time you did yours, Vick, sorry I didn't see that coming as I was new to bloom phase super cropping too, but I think you are still seeing positive results from your super cropped plants, correct? (Crossing my fingers)

As far as harvesting tops first, then letting the other grow longer... Here's my albeit limited experience with it: I did it once on an indica. I got a little more "weight" but the later harvested stuff had gone a little past their prime, and became too high in CBN, which caused it to be like sleeping pills. I let the bottom half go 2 more weeks. Even though they weren't as developed down below, letting them go longer just caused them to 'look' more developed but actually be past prime and sub-par quality (unless you are looking for help with going to sleep!). Perhaps a week would have been better, but that didn't work for me, and I wanted to see what happened with 2. Now I know, and won't repeat that again personally.

That was on an indica. Sativas are a little different as many of them do ripen in stages and can have multiple harvest windows (not at all typical of indicas or indica hybrids or some other sativas). My Jack the Ripper does this - she ripens, than has a new flower burst, then ripens, then more flower bursts, etc. Kinda cool, but a bit tricky to understand best time to harvest, lol.

Sorry if I rambled, have a great weekend!

Hey guys and gals.
I'm wondering if anyone's tried using these new Hercules Pots with soil?
Are they any good? Seems similar to the air pots, just wondering if it would be more for Hydroton, Coco mixes.
Would 50%Coco & 50%Perlite work? or you think all the medium would fall out the vent holes..
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

here's the write up on them:

"New Hercules Pots are formed with a unique shape to give your plants the guidance they need to keep from becoming root bound. Air holes positioned around the sides of the Hercules pots encourage grow media to dry more evenly between feedings, giving growers increased control over plants' nutritional and watering needs. Hercules Pots are available in 5 sizes, from 8" to 16". which are sizes of 4.5L, 7.5L, 20L, 25L, 35L
here's a photo of one:
Picture_222.png

Those Gangstas should be called... VG Kush perhaps. Vick grown Kush. ;)

On the super cropping... I did some around 18-21 days bloom that sprung back up quickly and formed tough knots. However, I did some right after that that got so suddenly "set" into the bloom phase, that they didn't knot up or bend back toward the light much. I didn't see the second part coming so soon after - what a dramatic demonstration of the difference in behavior once the flowers really become the plants focus. Still, the super-cropped branches I did are growing comparable colas and buds have better development laterally. The branch didn't heal the same as those just a few days earlier, though. Like the flip of a switch. I think you had the latter experience by the time you did yours, Vick, sorry I didn't see that coming as I was new to bloom phase super cropping too, but I think you are still seeing positive results from your super cropped plants, correct? (Crossing my fingers)

Sorry if I rambled, have a great weekend!

VG Kush!
love it!

I gotta tell ya X, you and Bassman were my main inspirations to jumping right in with supercropping. For anyone that hasn't followed my grow, here's what happened. Basically my plants just kept stretching after flip, and stretching, even more than my last grow with the same strain (OG Kush). I had to feed them "Mr. NO" to hault stretch. So I find I had no choice but to supercrop to maintain an even canopy and have enough light space. Like many people that have had height issues and needed a solution.
And here's what probably hurt me a bit, was I did it at day 34 of flower..:straightface:
Now don't get me wrong, I don't regret doing it at all. And I think the technique is amazing and really does work if used properly. But I think with this particular strain it shouldn't be done that late in flowering. What were supposed to be fast healing knuckles after a week, at all the bends, were bends that look like they are STILL healing. (no Knuckles) And I'm in day 46 of flower now! Although the colas that were bent didn't seem to be affected. And lower buds DID explode with more growth, both still spitting lots of whites and filling out.
I know now from my experience that I would never do it again THIS late in flower, unless I had no choice. But by no means am I discouraged to try this technique again. In fact quite the opposite. I can't WAIT to try it again in my next grow.
It's so totally true X what you said above:

"what a dramatic demonstration of the difference in behavior once the flowers really become the plants focus. Still, the super-cropped branches I did are growing comparable colas and buds have better development laterally. The branch didn't heal the same as those just a few days earlier, though. Like the flip of a switch."

I know that now. The flip of the switch, like she just says, "NO FUCKING WAY BABY!" Even though she was cool with it a few days before..

Hopefully someone else can learn from this as a word of caution. This technique definitely isn't for the squeemish or unsure.. You can't half ass this technique. But as they say,
No Balls, No Glory!!!

Vick this grow is looking great. Hat's off to ya!

Vick this grow is looking great. Hat's off to ya!

Thanks Bass!!
Especially for all your help.
I gotta another question for you, I'll PM..

Just thought I'd take a peek. Man you sure got that tent dialed in perfectly. OG is a great plant I plan on keeping one in my garden for sometime to come. You'r going to love the results if I read right, under this 1000 HPS over the last lights. Least I think I caught that. Those pots could work if you don't lose your soil. And it seems like it will be alittle harder to water. The water tends to run off way before you drench the root ball. But you know that there are alot of ways to water. And your soil will dry I'd imgaine, pretty damn fast. Gl and I'll drive thru now then till then Keepem Green +++

VG Kush!
love it!

I gotta tell ya X, you and Bassman were my main inspirations to jumping right in with supercropping. For anyone that hasn't followed my grow, here's what happened. Basically my plants just kept stretching after flip, and stretching, even more than my last grow with the same strain (OG Kush). I had to feed them "Mr. NO" to hault stretch. So I find I had no choice but to supercrop to maintain an even canopy and have enough light space. Like many people that have had height issues and needed a solution.
And here's what probably hurt me a bit, was I did it at day 34 of flower..:straightface:
Now don't get me wrong, I don't regret doing it at all. And I think the technique is amazing and really does work if used properly. But I think with this particular strain it shouldn't be done that late in flowering. What were supposed to be fast healing knuckles after a week, at all the bends, were bends that look like they are STILL healing. (no Knuckles) And I'm in day 46 of flower now! Although the colas that were bent didn't seem to be affected. And lower buds DID explode with more growth, both still spitting lots of whites and filling out.
I know now from my experience that I would never do it again THIS late in flower, unless I had no choice. But by no means am I discouraged to try this technique again. In fact quite the opposite. I can't WAIT to try it again in my next grow.
It's so totally true X what you said above:

"what a dramatic demonstration of the difference in behavior once the flowers really become the plants focus. Still, the super-cropped branches I did are growing comparable colas and buds have better development laterally. The branch didn't heal the same as those just a few days earlier, though. Like the flip of a switch."

I know that now. The flip of the switch, like she just says, "NO FUCKING WAY BABY!" Even though she was cool with it a few days before..

Hopefully someone else can learn from this as a word of caution. This technique definitely isn't for the squeemish or unsure.. You can't half ass this technique. But as they say,
No Balls, No Glory!!!

Yup, agreed on all counts. Sounds like we had the same basic experience on some of the later super-cropped tops. I was blazing new ground with you and I hope I didn't steer you wrong... The take-away, is knowing that after about day 21 (this could be strain dependent) you might not get the stems to right themselves or knuckle up stronger like you can prior to that. If you remember, I was asking this as one of my key questions on bloom super-cropping in my journal - how late it could be done in bloom effectively. Well, now we have an idea! At least, it doesn't seem to negatively affect bud production in any way - still probably good to do in some situations even later in bloom...

I just went through your whole journal Vick,sorry it took me awhile to get here but I aint leaving now!!:adore::adore: absolutely freakin gorgeous bro!Im really liking all the supercropping during flower info,the holy grail im growing stretches like your og or worse so its good to know I can suppercrop them that late into flower.I was worried my canopy was going to be a mess because the 4 purple kush dont stretch anywhere near as much but I feel better about it now.:bravo:
+ reps for sure:)

Nice info on the super cropping during flowering time. Something I needed to read early on before I made the choice of super cropping during bloom. Ive super cropped 2 of my plants for there last week of veg, and they bounce back so quick. Though I still havent seen the knuckles for yet. But it hasnt been a week or more so i guess thats something that will come in due time. Any way cant wait for updates:cheesygrinsmiley:

Just thought I'd take a peek. Man you sure got that tent dialed in perfectly. OG is a great plant I plan on keeping one in my garden for sometime to come. You'r going to love the results if I read right, under this 1000 HPS over the last lights. Least I think I caught that. Those pots could work if you don't lose your soil. And it seems like it will be alittle harder to water. The water tends to run off way before you drench the root ball. But you know that there are alot of ways to water. And your soil will dry I'd imgaine, pretty damn fast. Gl and I'll drive thru now then till then Keepem Green +++

Thanks Norcal ! And for the reps bro!
Nice to see you drive through.
Yeah that's what I was thinking about those pots too. Would probably be watering them almost every second day, just cycling through those nutes most likely wasting a lot .. And I mean, are you supposed to wrap something black around the sides? It just seems like there are too much openings. You'd think that the roots that made it to the sides wouldn't like that too much. I'll see what my shop says about them and maybe give a few a try on the next one..That is, if I don't decide to go hydro on the next one:cheesygrinsmiley:

Yup, agreed on all counts. Sounds like we had the same basic experience on some of the later super-cropped tops. I was blazing new ground with you and I hope I didn't steer you wrong... The take-away, is knowing that after about day 21 (this could be strain dependent) you might not get the stems to right themselves or knuckle up stronger like you can prior to that. If you remember, I was asking this as one of my key questions on bloom super-cropping in my journal - how late it could be done in bloom effectively. Well, now we have an idea! At least, it doesn't seem to negatively affect bud production in any way - still probably good to do in some situations even later in bloom...

You could never steer anybody wrong X man..
I'm glad I did what I did when I did it. And I never regret anything, and feel proud to blaze new ground with ya. But I agree (with this strain) that probably around day 21 should be the cut off. But could go a bit longer in emergency situations.

Being determined to get my temps down lower, I did some MAJOR moving around last night with my exhaust and intake fans. And that's exactly what it left me..
fucking exhausted..
I had my mind made up that if I got a 6" exhaust splitter and ran 2 exhausts into 1, it would solve all my problems. Well in short, it sure as hell didn't. In fact it made things worse temperature wise, and after a break and some vapes, I went back in and changed everything back to the way it was before. Just ran new duct clamps and made sure I had perfect seals on all my hose connections and cooltube.

Even with speed controllers on both fans, people, (DO NOT run 2 outgoing lines into the same exhaust line. It doesn't work.) trying to fiddle with the controllers to get the perfect flow so one fan wasn't bogging out the other one (competeting for dominant flow) was near impossible! After fucking around for like 2 hours trying to dial it in, I watched my temps climb to 89F.! Balls, so I switched it back to how I had it before.. I think 2 separate exhausts are the way to go for sure. One for light, and one for filter..(Like you do X) But unfortunately for me I can only run one exhaust in my situation. So I'm stuck as things are for now.
Temps are 70F to 83F now which are pretty damn good enough, especially while running CO2. Don't ask me why I decided to put myself through that hell last night, only to have things right back where they were to start with. I guess I just wanted to be like all you guys that have a perfect steady 75F going in their rooms at all times. To those guys? I hate you..

So Thanks for your help X.
with the supercropping, the venting, and pretty much everything in between..

Back
Top Bottom