OG1969's 2nd Run - 4 Strains - 400MH/600W HPS Soil Grow 4x4 Tent

SugarP is looking so good pushing out those yellow/orange hairs!! Top notch!! Hoping to see that madshack explode throughout the next couple weeks, all those white hairs and shes at about 12! Yikes bro, I wouldn't be able to hold out :loopy: taking it as time goes I see, do you have a period from the breeder on MadS harvest times? let me know how the tinicture works bro, seems easy enough to make. Had some from the dispensary back in the day, you dripped it under your tounge, let it be for about 15 seconds, and it brought on a soaring awesome feeling body high that was quite addicting! I would love to make some! Keep it up OG. Im transplanting all of my seeds in the back, dogs knocked them over TWICE today from a good 2 feet.. Roots are looking very good a lot of nice growth. Taking a break to make my wonky bags.... I don't have any pots to transplant them in so im doing some DIY.. hope it works, kinda getting sketched out about light coming through the bags and hitting the roots.. Hoping the soil will mask them from the light. CA:peace:

Yah not sure , everything I have read on the PPK and MadShack was around 9 weeks we are a day or so from 12 weeks shack is still pushing out white pistals and really none have turned yet not sure why , the PPK should have been done a while ago , but sue is still pushing out new growth so not gonna cut just yet. Will wait a bit still waiting to see more amber trichs they are few and fat between right now will wait it out a little longer I come this far can't stop now, Peace OG.

Damn them sativas are taking a long time! :morenutes:

I'm not sure about flushing. We never made a big deal out of it back in the 90's. I'm in the camp that doesn't think it's wise to starve the plant at the end. How will that help the plant make bigger buds? That being said, I do taper off the nutes at the end. When I used to grow all one strain in trays, they would be getting mostly water the last few days as I would just add back plain water at the end.

Someone recently brought up the idea that it might be a good idea to try and flush certain micronutrients such as Mg. A lot of Mg can have a significant effect on the taste of the smoke. I've burned Mg before, and based on how it smelled, I could see that affecting smoke. This last round, I didn't reduce the calmag much at all, and I can't detect anything in the smoke though. This was my first crop in 15 years though, so some of the subtle details are still lost on me until I can get a couple more crops in the new room. I'm going to experiment by reducing the calmag at the end this time and compare the smoke.

All the argument on the side of flushing makes sense, but I just can't make myself think it's OK to start my babies! :winkyface:

The argument, as I understand it, is that you're trying to force the plant to use up any excess nutrients it's storing as they will adversely affect the smoke. That makes sense to me, but the logic is that you need to do this before chopping. Plants are not like animals. While it can't live without it's roots, it doesn't die right away. When we take a clone, the plant goes on living and is able to grow new roots using the materials it has stored up. When we cut a plant, it will also use up it's resources. In late flower, it's going to put any available resources into reproduction/flowering rather than root growth though. One defense the plant has is to increase trichome production, perhaps in an effort to attract pollen. She will continue to do this after she is cut to some extent. The fact that I've not noticed a difference by flushing could be attributed to this theory. The difference is my plants use up any residual nutrients while hanging on the string. The plants that get flushed just use them up earlier.

Is there a difference? I don't know. I'm inclined to think no, but need to conduct my own experiments. In my last grow, and the next, I have too large a mix of strains, with different flowering times, to flush effectively, but I do plan to reduce the calmag the last few weeks in pace with how I reduce nutrients. Last time, I maintained the same strength of my additives (calmag, zone, hygrozyme, etc) based on the # of gallons of water I put in the res. For the nutes, I create recipes based on less water and then reduce that a little more. I do a lot of my nutrient strength adjusting based on "feel", ie observing how they reacted to the previous res change.

Anyway, got to rambling there a bit. Sorry. Hopefully there is something useful in all that gibberish :blalol:

keep 'em green :Namaste:

Damn them sativas are taking a long time! :morenutes:

I'm not sure about flushing. We never made a big deal out of it back in the 90's. I'm in the camp that doesn't think it's wise to starve the plant at the end. How will that help the plant make bigger buds? That being said, I do taper off the nutes at the end. When I used to grow all one strain in trays, they would be getting mostly water the last few days as I would just add back plain water at the end.

Someone recently brought up the idea that it might be a good idea to try and flush certain micronutrients such as Mg. A lot of Mg can have a significant effect on the taste of the smoke. I've burned Mg before, and based on how it smelled, I could see that affecting smoke. This last round, I didn't reduce the calmag much at all, and I can't detect anything in the smoke though. This was my first crop in 15 years though, so some of the subtle details are still lost on me until I can get a couple more crops in the new room. I'm going to experiment by reducing the calmag at the end this time and compare the smoke.

All the argument on the side of flushing makes sense, but I just can't make myself think it's OK to start my babies! :winkyface:

The argument, as I understand it, is that you're trying to force the plant to use up any excess nutrients it's storing as they will adversely affect the smoke. That makes sense to me, but the logic is that you need to do this before chopping. Plants are not like animals. While it can't live without it's roots, it doesn't die right away. When we take a clone, the plant goes on living and is able to grow new roots using the materials it has stored up. When we cut a plant, it will also use up it's resources. In late flower, it's going to put any available resources into reproduction/flowering rather than root growth though. One defense the plant has is to increase trichome production, perhaps in an effort to attract pollen. She will continue to do this after she is cut to some extent. The fact that I've not noticed a difference by flushing could be attributed to this theory. The difference is my plants use up any residual nutrients while hanging on the string. The plants that get flushed just use them up earlier.

Is there a difference? I don't know. I'm inclined to think no, but need to conduct my own experiments. In my last grow, and the next, I have too large a mix of strains, with different flowering times, to flush effectively, but I do plan to reduce the calmag the last few weeks in pace with how I reduce nutrients. Last time, I maintained the same strength of my additives (calmag, zone, hygrozyme, etc) based on the # of gallons of water I put in the res. For the nutes, I create recipes based on less water and then reduce that a little more. I do a lot of my nutrient strength adjusting based on "feel", ie observing how they reacted to the previous res change.

Anyway, got to rambling there a bit. Sorry. Hopefully there is something useful in all that gibberish :blalol:

keep 'em green :Namaste:

Kinda on the same theory there Hiker, the plant cannot be starved right at the end , Mine have been fed almost every watering up until the last rounds so it has been over a week and a hlaf since they have been fed, just water and a little molasses. The girls were hella sensitive in the bgining but once they grabbedsome ground they neer looked back and they were fed with every water, although it was organic fed, so that may be part of it but I am still to see some yelowing leaves have a very few at the bottom of the Santa Maria x Blueberry, but that is it tomorrow marks the begining of week 12, and at this point will continue with the flushing, just due to the plants still look so dam healthy all green and nothing turning yellow yet. Maybe a feeding schedule and not backing off is allowing me to just flush and they still have enough, not sure but they have 7 days left till the end one or two may go longer but the Kush and madshack should have been done around week 9, that is three weeks ago , PPK is still pushing out tons of white pistals and Madshack's are all still white, very few amber trichs. Indica next grow dammit, lol. All good have brought them this far will ride it out till the end. I must say the buds are really swelling and there is some foxtailing going on the blueberry, and madshack so who knows, maybe they just aren't ready to give it up yet, THERE'S A MALE SOMEWHERE RIGHT? Peace OG photo's coming in a bit.

Alright a few photos of the girls and soon to be girls.

Soon to be, Sour Boggle, Sweet Cindy, Drizella, and KC45 Auto. Love my Dixie cups.

2013_update_0369.jpg

The rest are of Sugar Punch she is looking Divine these days can't wait for a few more days to go by and go by and go by, lol. Long ass grow but hopefully the smoke lives up to it's Rep. Some plant photos and then some through the loupe for a few close ups of her.

2013_update_02614.JPG

2013_update_03012.JPG

2013_update_03110.JPG

2013_update_03311.JPG

2013_update_0661.jpg

2013_update_064.jpg

2013_update_062.jpg

2013_update_059.jpg

2013_update_0562.jpg

2013_update_0551.jpg

2013_update_0542.jpg

2013_update_03410.JPG

Close up's

2013_update_01023.JPG

2013_update_01121.JPG

2013_update_01322.JPG

2013_update_01419.JPG

2013_update_02417.JPG

Peace all hope all is green in your garden will have more pic's soon, hopefully of harvest, lol. OG.

Hey OG. I've never used trichs before, so I'm not practiced at looking at them. That being said... in those 2 pics before the last one especially, I think I see many amber heads. Am I mistaken? Again, I'm not experienced at examining them for amber heads.

Looking at them again, I think I am seeing them in all those macro shots. The most is in the third to last pic.

Is your next batch waiting on this one? I doubt you would be disappointed to harvest now would you?

They look great!

Hey OG. I've never used trichs before, so I'm not practiced at looking at them. That being said... in those 2 pics before the last one especially, I think I see many amber heads. Am I mistaken? Again, I'm not experienced at examining them for amber heads.

Looking at them again, I think I am seeing them in all those macro shots. The most is in the third to last pic.

Is your next batch waiting on this one? I doubt you would be disappointed to harvest now would you?

They look great!

Thanks for dropping in Hiker, went out and took another look there are some amber trichs, but tons of white pistals gonna try and let her ride out a few more days. Looking like the harvest will be PPk first, then Sugar Punch, and Madshack and the Blueberry are driving me crazy like they sense there may be a male out there lets keep pushing new pistals, but the buds are fattening up so I can't complain there. Today is day one of week 12 so will give he PPk and Sugar punch a few more days and they may get the chop, but just the top of the PPK the bottom buds are throwing white pistals every where so may let the lower part of the plant go a little longer. This is not my typical grow usually 8-9 weeks max, but something said hey OG try something different, but was't planning an over three month budding process, but it is what it is now and want them to be fully ready when I pull them. Isn't gonna be a huge harvest by any means so they will have to carry me through until the outside girls get done. Will have an update on that soon, Peace OG.

Alright time is now for the outdoor grow, inside girls are sitting tight for the moment, got flushed again today still no yellowing in the leaves and the Madhsck and Blueberry are still all mostly white pistals and very few amber trichs . The PPK and the Sugar Punch are looking good almost any time gonna wait a few days, have been patient this far why not ride it out right ? So onto the outdoor girls have four there now 3 Santa Marai x Blueberry and one lone MadShack , but she is gonna be a thick legged beast in the outdoors and will allow me to get some cones for my next indoor grow. And after meeting up with CA215 got the Sour Boggle and the Sweet Cindy germinated and popping through the soil along with two Drizella the c99xwhite widow=MOM and c99xromulan=Dad so should be a good outdoor grow, The KC45 autos are very slow have noticed that with KC's stuff very slow to start and germ but when they do they take off so gona try and keep some fresh water on them and keep my toes crossed. The ouside girls lie in an area of the property that sits in a little bowl and is along side a county irrigation ditch which has water all year long so not a bad deal I do still have to water them just not as often as the rest of the girls. Few pics of the area and then a few of the girls may have to go back and upload the pic's , Come on OG what were you thinking. Can't show if I do not post them right

The Grow area outside.

2013_update_00520.jpg

2013_update_00620.jpg

A few of the new girls getting their feet wet.

2013_update_02615.jpg

2013_update_00428.jpg

2013_update_02418.jpg

2013_update_02516.jpg

2013_update_02117.jpg

2013_update_02217.jpg

2013_update_01920.jpg

2013_update_02018.jpg

Then a few of the outside girls and one of the Blueberries got a little bend to her swagger, lol.

2013_update_01520.jpg

2013_update_01420.jpg

2013_update_01323.jpg

2013_update_01221.jpg

2013_update_00723.jpg

2013_update_00825.jpg

My MadShack outdoor girl.

2013_update_00923.jpg

2013_update_01024.jpg

2013_update_01122.jpg

Can't wait to get the rest of the girls outside and under free lighting , Peace OG.

Well got a text from my girlfriend that said something like you won't hate me if I demolished the plants in the window sill??!! WTF I am thinking and turns out she went to close the sliding window and caught one of the cups and it went over 3 foot drop, she didn't think it was that bad until she could not find the plant had to sift though all the dirt and got her reset and back upwith her sisters so all is good and she looks fine so all is good in OG'S world, you know the $5 a seed factor right. Will get some pic's up soon OG.

How the girls lookin OG? Seedlings coming back to life? Hope all is well dude! :thumb:, CA

Hey CA, and everyone else nice to have my internet working again. Girls are doing good inside and out the outside Blueberry plants are shooting gonna be some big sativa girls, the BOG seeds are still thriving another week in the Dixie cups and then into the ground. The first Drizella did not survive and then had the other three out for the day in the sun and the second died both the BOG seeds are doing find and growing. The inside girls are 3 days from week 13 which I think is gonna be the day the lights go out for 48 hours and then harvest and focus on the outside grow. Also the PPK top cola came off yesterday, low on smoke and got her drying now then a short cure not prime dry and cure but will hold me till the rest come down. Finally getting some amber trichs on Sugar Punch, MadShack and the Blueberry have very, very few and a ton of white pistils may let theses two beasts go a little longer have read the shack being tested at just over 26% THC, so may let her ride a bit longer. Will try and sort the pic's as I go.

First up the PPK shots of the top cola on the plant then off and rough trim and drying.

2013_update_00429.jpg

2013_update_00521.jpg

2013_update_110.jpg

2013_update_111.jpg

2013_update_117.jpg

2013_update_118.jpg

2013_update_119.jpg

2013_update_121.jpg

Sugar Punch

2013_update_00826.jpg

2013_update_00924.jpg

2013_update_01025.jpg

2013_update_01421.jpg

2013_update_01521.jpg

MadShack

2013_update_01718.jpg

2013_update_01820.jpg

2013_update_02218.jpg

Santa Maria x Blueberry

2013_update_02419.jpg

2013_update_02517.jpg

2013_update_02715.jpg

2013_update_02812.jpg

2013_update_02912.jpg

2013_update_03013.jpg

Getting very close for all the girls, they all got flushed with straight water today still no yellowing leaves on them had a few on the Blueberry but not many, these pics are two days old so will try and get some new ones of the inside girls and the ones outside tomorrow after work, Peace all and hope your garden is green and shinny, OG.

Alright some new pics from today plants are doing good and love the cooler weather for the inside girls, also cut the light to 10/14 and Wednesday done or not except for shack they are going into darkness for 48 hours and then harvested, Will rethink the sativa for an inside grow hella long time and energy costs but looking forward to the smoke. A few pics from today

MadShack

2013_update_00131.jpg

2013_update_00229.jpg

2013_update_00328.jpg

2013_update_00430.jpg

Sugar Punch

2013_update_00522.jpg

2013_update_00621.jpg

2013_update_00724.jpg

2013_update_00925.jpg

2013_update_01026.jpg

2013_update_01123.jpg

2013_update_01222.jpg

The Santa Maria x Blueberry

2013_update_01324.jpg

2013_update_01422.jpg

2013_update_01522.jpg

2013_update_01617.jpg

2013_update_01719.jpg

Didn't take any of the PPK most of the plant is drying right now, Hopefully the next update will be some harvest pics , Peace all, OG.

ONE Day from 13 weeks, actually less than that but who is counting anymore, lol. so got the girls on a 10/14 light cycle and they are starting to kick into the final stage of life. Took the top cola off the Platinum Purple Kusk plant and had it drying and then put it in the tent for the day and is somewhat dry not cured by any means! But wow, wow is what I say the taste is somewhat complex, hits of fruit, coffee, and for lack of a better term earthiness. And a good functional high. Those amber trichs are alluding me, bastards. It's all good. So the half or so left of the day before he start of week 13, has been a long grow, some struggles at the start, but these girls have pulled through and are looking awesome, broke the Nikon out tonight and took some close ups, some Macros and some through the loupe, Hope you all enjoy, Peace All, OG.

Sugar Punch

2013_update_01720.JPG

2013_update_01618.JPG

2013_update_01523.JPG

2013_update_01423.JPG

Some though the looking glass.

2013_update_00827.JPG

2013_update_00725.JPG

2013_update_00622.JPG

2013_update_00523.JPG

2013_update_00431.JPG

2013_update_00329.JPG

2013_update_00230.JPG

2013_update_00132.JPG

Then a few of the Platinum Purple Kush bud that has been harvested and is drying and off to cure.

2013_update_01325.JPG

2013_update_01223.JPG

2013_update_01124.JPG

2013_update_01027.JPG

2013_update_00926.JPG

Peace all hope your grow is fat and green, OG.

Alright day 2 of week 13, the inside girls got flushed and then put back in the tent all looking really good will give them till Saturday or Sunday then it is lights out till Tuesday and then it will be harvest time, which will give me more time to focus on the outdoor girls, give them a little more tlc. Just got home from work will try and get some photo's up after homework and all the parenting stuff is done, Peace OG.

Alright homework handled kids are playing, What Else Xbox,lol. So got home yesterday and low and behold Christmas in May another portion of the donated prize by Mr. JJBones, thanks again.

2013_update_085.jpg

So will have to play with this with all the trimmings.

Had checked on the girls shortly after I had gotten home all is good and they need water that being the outside girls. So went and mixed up a low dose grow soloution for them and went back out and thought what the hell is that noise and then I said shit it is bee's looked up to quickly duck back down as a swarm of bee's came right over my head, that got the heart flowing right there I tell yah, but was just a few as they passed over and went where ever they went. So got the bigger girls fed and the BOG seeds watered. A few picks of the girls , count is 3 Santa Maria x Blueberry, 1 MadShack ( which will provide some clones), and then 1 Sour Boggle and 1 Sweet Cindy.

MadShack and Sour Boggle.

2013_update_02519.jpg

2013_update_02617.jpg

2013_update_03411.jpg

The Blueberries and Sweet Cindy

2013_update_03111.jpg

2013_update_0398.jpg

2013_update_03811.jpg

2013_update_03710.jpg

2013_update_03610.jpg

2013_update_03014.jpg

2013_update_02913.jpg

2013_update_02814.jpg

2013_update_02717.jpg

Peace all, looking to end the indoor grow and focus on the outdoor girls and clear a little area around them, OG.

Alright indoor girls, day 2 of week 13, SOME DANG LONG GIRLS I TELL YOU. But that aside they are doing great flushed again tonight plants still look healthy as hell and have not been fed in about three weeks, not sure what that means I like he slight yellowing to the leaves as they are being flushed , not sure first all mainly Sativa dominant grow so they are pushing me now right, not patience young grasshopper. they will be ready when they are ready. But the timeline ends this Sunday, at that point they will get 48 hours of dark and we will be trimming some bush. Think I finally got some really god pics of the girls still figuring the Nikon out but as they say Ready set here we go.

MadShack is up first, bear with me have a few photos, you will need high speed for this, lol.

2013_update_086.JPG

2013_update_087.JPG

2013_update_088.JPG

2013_update_089.JPG

2013_update_090.JPG

2013_update_091.JPG

2013_update_092.JPG

2013_update_093.JPG

2013_update_094.JPG

2013_update_095.JPG

2013_update_096.JPG

Next up Sugar Punch, and this Pheno looks pink to me and is one of the rare ones from this breeder so if she turns out to be she will get revegged to get some clones and she is looking Like Pour Some More Sugar on Me.

2013_update_097.JPG

2013_update_098.JPG

2013_update_099.JPG

2013_update_102.JPG

2013_update_103.JPG

2013_update_104.JPG

2013_update_105.JPG

And now some close ups of Sugar Punch

2013_update_106.JPG

2013_update_1111.JPG

2013_update_112.JPG

2013_update_113.JPG

2013_update_114.JPG

2013_update_115.JPG

2013_update_116.JPG

Now the Santa Maria x Blueberry

2013_update_1171.JPG

2013_update_1181.JPG

2013_update_1191.JPG

2013_update_120.JPG

2013_update_1211.JPG

Close up now.

2013_update_123.JPG

2013_update_124.JPG

2013_update_125.JPG

2013_update_126.JPG

Peace all hopefully a week away from harvest, OG.

Jeez the indoor girls aren't joking with you huh! looks like they can go another month if they were able! How you liking that top cola on the PPK OG? Some exquisite buddage? Sugar punch looks top notch.. Looking very very cloudy! Man nothing is ever a miss over here, keep it up OG! My sour bog poped today, should be right behind you bro! , :peace: , CA215

Jeez the indoor girls aren't joking with you huh! looks like they can go another month if they were able! How you liking that top cola on the PPK OG? Some exquisite buddage? Sugar punch looks top notch.. Looking very very cloudy! Man nothing is ever a miss over here, keep it up OG! My sour bog poped today, should be right behind you bro! , :peace: , CA215

Hey Ca, thanks for dropping in. yah no joke going to try and find a place to put sugar punch, but not a ton of options so Sunday will be the last day of light for the inside girls, Tuesday or Wednesday depending on my day off they will separate from the soil. As for the PPK it has a weird high to it feels like couch lock but never does, very good to allow me to sleep which is nice. The hard part I am having trouble with is all the flavors and I am a chef, I get hints of coffee, diesel, berries, citrus and some very earthy tones need a second set of lungs to try a sample... MY bog seeds are doing very well and the insects have not touched them, thankfully. Off over the weekend so the weed eater is coming out and clearing an area around all he plants and then spray again and see how they do, But they are doing well topped two of the Blueberry plants today the other is going to be LST'D and brought around the cage and then back to the middle, should be a fun harvest with her but what the hell right. So I will keep an eye on the inside girls and get pics before their final lights out and then when they are finally harvested a day or so after 14 weeks. will rethink the sativa indoor grow, Peace all and happy gardening, OG.

Back
Top Bottom