OG1969's 2nd Run - 4 Strains - 400MH/600W HPS Soil Grow 4x4 Tent

OG1969

Hello all, first journal is done, plants are harvested and curing now. Learned alot from that grow about Nutrients and F/gnats. That will not be an issue with this one.

Room: 4x4x6 grow tent.
Exhaust: 4 inch inline fan- may need to bump that up to a 6
Light: 400w MH for Veg/ 600w HPS for flower.
Temps: test run 81 degrees
Rh : 25-30%
Veg or Flower: seeds germinated on the 9th seeds startring to sprout on the 12th

Medium: Soil Empire Builders indoor grow soil, cut with perlite for drainage( 2 inches on the bottom of each bucket,Soil was mixed with the perlite, Nature's Solution Mycorrhizae, and earth shine soil booster.

Pot size: 9- 5 gallon buckets

STRAINS:
3x Sannie's Jack, mostly sativa, flowering 10-13 weeks, Yield 750g m/2 , THC up to 22%
3x Sugar Punch, Sativa dominate hybrid, flowering 9-10 weeks, Yield 600g m/2, THC up to 24%
2x Madshack , believe it is sativa dominate and flowering time 8-10 weeks.
1x Santa Maria X Blueberry( will have to look up more info on this strain.

All seeds are from the same supplier and were the smallest seeds I almost did not see, the Madshack and the Santa Maria x Bluebbery were freebies. But Unlike the Madshack the SMxB came with 5 seeds should have only been two seeds, Awesome suprise.

Not to much to update still waiting on the Santa Maria x Bleberry to come up so I will have one of each strain at least the others should be shortly behind them , plan on about 3-4 weeks of veg then 12/12. The breeder actually encourages a short veg time do to the stretch on the jack and sugar punch. A few pics of things coming together getting ready for the seedlings to come along a little.

Finished_2012_005.jpg

Finished_2012_076.jpg

Finished_2012_075.jpg

Finished_2012_073.jpg

Finished_2012_062.jpg

Finished_2012_055.jpg

Finished_2012_056.jpg

Finished_2012_057.jpg

Finished_2012_060.jpg

Finished_2012_072.jpg

Finished_2012_001.jpg

Finished_2012_003.jpg

Finished_2012_162.jpg

Finished_2012_161.jpg

Finished_2012_163.jpg

And a little from the harvest from the last set of BCS clones.
IMAG08262.jpg

Cant wait to see these girls grow, oh almost forgot they are all female seeds for this run, Peace, OG.

Re: OG1969's 2nd Run, 4 strains, 400MH/600WHPS Soil grow 4x4 tent

After looking over my post the Santa maria x Bleberry is a regualr seed so have a 50/50 there .

And as far as nutrients still up in the air loved the BPN, but until I can affoard the famre's pride, I may go with the Roots Organic line for this grow, Chime in let me know what you think on that.

Small update , have all but one of the seeds up and it should be up in a day or so, pulled the top back ever so slightly on the rooting plug and the blueberry seed has a tail so shooting for 100% germination rate on this grow, cloning will come next. Have them under a flouresent light for now but they will all go in the tent tomorrow. It will help keep them warmer I don't have a heating pad. Will update with photos tomorrow and get them out under the halide and see what these babies can do, peace all OG.

Small update , not the exciting part but but an update none the less. Had transplanted the seedlings into solo cups from the jiffy plugs all but one has come up and it had a tap root coming out, come on santa maria x bluberry. :cheer: the otheres were all planted and given water and intended on putting them uder the halide but I couldn't get a picture with the light on, figures, so I unplugged the light and took some photos and plugged it back in and the bulb went so they are under the hps at the moment until I can get another halide bulb.Not a biggie they wont have a long time to veg maybe three weeks to keep them within the tent during their stretch.
A couple photos of the soon to be much bigger girls . Peace all OG thanks for peeping and any input is welcome.
IMAG08551.jpg

IMAG08542.jpg

IMAG08531.jpg

IMAG08521.jpg

IMAG08511.jpg

Well got to thinking after looking at the metal halide bulb. It said a conversion bulb? So did a little research and think I actually blew the ignitor for the halide side of the ballast. So I, unplugged the system let the hps bulb cool down and reinstalled the halide and switched the ballast to hps and plugged her back in and BINGO, game on again so another ignitor or stay with the conversion bulb? Plants are good slight breeze from the fan temps are ranging from around 82 in the day and down to around 66 overnight, with the outside temps dipping down to about 28. So the halide is back in for veg and then the hps for flower . Would have bought a new bulb if it had not been from a little research on this site and the web , thanks all Peace, OG

Hello all hope everyone had a great Christmas, looking forward to the new year myself and this almost all sativa grow. The plants have been under the halide since the 18th, due to temps being so cool have been running the light 24/7 and even put the final resting place buckets in the tent yesterday to start warming the soil up a little. Went and checked on the girls and the one blueberry that is a normal seed and they all had roots coming out of the solo cups so today was the day to put them in the 5 gallon buckets. Nothing super impressive with the top side of the grow but the roots looked fantistic nice and white and all over the place. Got them all transplanted and watered till I had runoff, then topped each bucket with a layer of perlite( thanks Smoke, does more than just help with the f/gnats, also keeps light off the top of the soil which lets all the natural microbeasties work their magic and the roots as well). So they are now under a 1000w HPS, for another week or so then the lights will get flipped they are suppose to have incredible growth from that point on so we will see, flowering time is 10-13 weeks looking forward to the fourth week where they are suppose to explode and go, might be nice if the bluieberry was a male wouldnt mind breeding it seeings how I have two tents now. Have a few pics nothing exciting yet but they are all getting ready to put their big girl panties on and bust a move, Peace all, till next time OG
2013_278.JPG

2013_279.JPG

2013_280.JPG

2013_282.JPG

2013_287.JPG

2013_286.JPG

2013_285.JPG

2013_291.JPG

2013_293.JPG

Hope next week will have a little more growth with the way t he root systems are growing, but they are sativa so they are are longer growing plant. More updates to come.

Looking forward to this one OG!! Everything's looking awesome!

My Drizella seeds were rather small too! Different breeder, same source as you know, but they grow real nice.:)

I think I have my clone thing down now. Took one of the cuttings @ 21st day of flower, made a little hempy tub out of a 16oz ointment container. Put the cutting in the hempy w/ some tap water after a dip in rooting hormone, baggie over the top with a spritz or two for humidity. Bam! Changed the water every two or three days. Rooted in 7. She's my star girl right now.

The other I took @ 35days in flower. Same technique. Rooted in 3 days, but not really any growth right now. Doesn't need the humidity dome, but not kicking it like the other yet. Seems she's trying to bud AND grow shoots at the same time, but doesn't know which she's supposed to do. :) Always one crazy mixed up fem in my world. LOL!

21days seems to be the magic!

Have a great New Year Buddy!
talk to you soon!

K

Also - Here's a description of the Santa Maria (aka - Planck Cut) from SpeesCees a few years back on the 420. :)

Looking forward to this one OG!! Everything's looking awesome!

My Drizella seeds were rather small too! Different breeder, same source as you know, but they grow real nice.:)

I think I have my clone thing down now. Took one of the cuttings @ 21st day of flower, made a little hempy tub out of a 16oz ointment container. Put the cutting in the hempy w/ some tap water after a dip in rooting hormone, baggie over the top with a spritz or two for humidity. Bam! Changed the water every two or three days. Rooted in 7. She's my star girl right now.

The other I took @ 35days in flower. Same technique. Rooted in 3 days, but not really any growth right now. Doesn't need the humidity dome, but not kicking it like the other yet. Seems she's trying to bud AND grow shoots at the same time, but doesn't know which she's supposed to do. :) Always one crazy mixed up fem in my world. LOL!

21days seems to be the magic!

Have a great New Year Buddy!
talk to you soon!

K

Also - Here's a description of the Santa Maria (aka - Planck Cut) from SpeesCees a few years back on the 420. :)

Gotta love hate relationship with females myself, lol. Thanks for the infor on the santa maria, very helpful seeings how it may too be sativa dominant. So I made the gamble being the first run with these seeds to head the breeders advice on a week or so of veg in one meter squared so today is the first day of 12/12 for the plants even though the article I read on the Santa Maria said to go 12/12 from seed. So we will see what the next couple weeks are like gota change out my veg nutes for bloom nutes and keep an eye on the f/gnats but I think all will be good. Some top quality smoking gear is in the works, can't wait to see the Jack, Madshack, Sugar Punch, and the Blueberry do thier thing over the next few weeks, will be a long flowering time up to 13 weeks so should be a fun ride, Thanks for looking and any input is always welcome, Peace OG.

Gotta love hate relationship with females myself, lol. Thanks for the infor on the santa maria, very helpful seeings how it may too be sativa dominant. So I made the gamble being the first run with these seeds to head the breeders advice on a week or so of veg in one meter squared so today is the first day of 12/12 for the plants even though the article I read on the Santa Maria said to go 12/12 from seed. So we will see what the next couple weeks are like gota change out my veg nutes for bloom nutes and keep an eye on the f/gnats but I think all will be good. Some top quality smoking gear is in the works, can't wait to see the Jack, Madshack, Sugar Punch, and the Blueberry do thier thing over the next few weeks, will be a long flowering time up to 13 weeks so should be a fun ride, Thanks for looking and any input is always welcome, Peace OG.

I'd take Cees' 12/12 from seed with a grain of salt OG. That's his style, but he's doing like 20-40 plant SOG runs or something like that. I'd veg that babe as long as you feel is necessary. :thumb:

The Russian and the older Runtlet clone have been in veg for 4+ weeks now. I'm gonna go another week or so I think, before I flip. Give the "Auto" a chance for some longer light cycles. I'm doing this weird GLRish thing right now. 12/5.5/1/5.5 with the MH at 400w, while at the same time running an LED UFO 50w 18/6. Probably just stupid, but what the heck right? LOL!

Happy New Year to you and yours OG!

K

I'd take Cees' 12/12 from seed with a grain of salt OG. That's his style, but he's doing like 20-40 plant SOG runs or something like that. I'd veg that babe as long as you feel is necessary. :thumb:

The Russian and the older Runtlet clone have been in veg for 4+ weeks now. I'm gonna go another week or so I think, before I flip. Give the "Auto" a chance for some longer light cycles. I'm doing this weird GLRish thing right now. 12/5.5/1/5.5 with the MH at 400w, while at the same time running an LED UFO 50w 18/6. Probably just stupid, but what the heck right? LOL!

Happy New Year to you and yours OG!

K

Thanks K , already flipped the switch on some of the smallest seeds I have ever germinated, and some of the smallest plants I have ever grown, but like I said this is a test run still have seeds so if all goes well I know what to do and if not I will change it up next grow. Have enough of a stash to get me through the winter, and into spring and then this harvest no matter how big or small will be good for a while, I am really looking forward to getting some plants ready for my next outdoor grow in the spring, gonna rock the Drizella, KC Brains T.N.R, and Heribe x extrema as my main stay for the outside girls figure if I can germ a couple female T.N.R. @ a possible 2.2 kilos per plant I should be able to pull some pundage off the outside girls this year. Will germ them and thenm clone them and bud the clones to find my females and bang plants taller than my house, dam that will be a site. Peace K, Hope you have a great New Year and all things are good in your world, Peace OG

Thanks K, not really feeling good vibes off this grow, but I will let it run. Says once you hit week four watch for explosive growth, which I am really hopping for out of all of them. Tempe have been good high side all closed up around 84 and at night or before lights on 66. But we will be dropping to 29 degrees outside tonight, think the overall heat factor in the tent is a factor, I have them on a 1/2 piece of plywood and the tent is a doublte layer bottom, fans go off at night as well.I guess only time will tell but was expecting a little more at almost 2 weeks from sprout, but maybe the strain who knows, PEACE ALL, HAPPY NEW YEAR, OG.

I hear ya OG. My Driz seeds all lagged behind the Kush in size the first couple weeks, but then they outshined (and then they shot the ballsacks out :) )
I've been having low humidity probs on my end. (we had @ 2' of snow dumped on us over the holidays and it's @ 15F here. My RH has been fluctuating between 16 and 40 since Nov.)

At 10 nodes on both, my russian is @ 6" tall and the good Driz clone is @ 8 or 10".
I did have a bit of trouble dialing in ph and nutes when I first started the mini dwc in the end table.
(each strain seems to like a slightly different BPN cocktail and acidity level)
But now I think it's CO2 absorption and low humidity keeping the growth low as they've been in the big box
for just over a week now and are only marginally bigger. The roots are growing good though!

I'm gonna grab one of those mushroom CO2 generators at the hydro shop when I get paid
and see if that helps. And I have a plan to try wet up the 2 grow areas with my fogger and raise the humidity.

Hang in there OG. You'll dial it in!
If I had the patience, I'd be goin' Smokemup style and vegging 9weeks or so. :)
When I get get a decent stock up, maybe I can try and grow a monster like he did.

I'm eager to see that Sugar Punch grow!!
I was eyeing that pretty hard, but decided on the Ms. Universe instead.

Happy New Year!

K

Trying to be patient, maybe just let it ride for a few weeks and see where things are the plants are growing, may very well have to wait until week 4-5 to see any major change, will keep everyone posted.

Small update, not super happy with grow or feeling any love from the plant gods, soil is still moist but the plants just are not growing, have been foliar feeding so I dont over soak the soil but it is like they are stunted or something. Kinda at a loss with what is going on , when they were transplanted from the solo cups they had roots growing out the bottom of the cups all nice and white, so not really sure what is happening, gonna give it another week or two, but may get ready to pop some more seeds. always have the other tent and can throw the halide in there to start vegging some new plants. I have always liked to start from seed but these seeds are pissing off right now, Peace all sorry for the rant just frustrated with the really slow going they have all they need with temps at around 80-83 lights on RH at 25-40 and the moisture meter says moist not soaked so not sure where to go from here other than time, Peace OG

Man, sorry to hear OG! Hopefully something turns around here. I've only used the freebies of Sannie's genetics (and they both went male on me :)) but they seemed of avg size while they were vegging. I'd shoot him a message and see if he's got any ideas. Supposedly, he's good about getting back to folks. Wish I could do more than send positive vibes Bro.

K

Hey there K, tahnks for stopping by. Dam sounds like Men In Black 3 O k , lol was funny dam I finally laughed. After 3 weeks in the tent I would have r eally thought they would be a hell of alot bigger, but it is cold overnight when the lights are off, but in the 80's when the light is on go figure, really at a loss for what to do, will hit him up and see if he may be able to help. Dont want to just throw them out they are growing just very very very very slow for me never have I seen a plant grow this slow. Emily was almost 4x5 times the size at threee weeks, HAve a back up set of seeds ready to drop tomorrow, either way I will have something going again soon, Peace Bro and thanks for dropping by, OG.

Hey OG! Not sure if this would be relevant or not, considering were in totally different environments, but I put together a diy co2 generator day before yesterday and I'll be damned if it didn't show a noticeable increase in these girls growth! Not necessarily vertical yet, but they started bushing a bit faster after the defoliation. Just a thought. I also was FINALLY able to get my humidity up @ 65 for the first time since Nov. Let you know if that helps too. :)

Oh yeah, I meant to share with you my mini uncured, mostly ballast-heat aided Drizella smoke report!:rofl:

Now, I wouldn't necessarily consider myself a connoisseur. Though I'm aware of the characteristics of quite a few strains out there, you'd really have to have rather easy access to them often, I think, to be considered truly well versed in strainatomy. That said, I'm no new to the game head either. I've been pulling bongs since the early eighties and have smoked LOTS of weed! :) We just never really knew wtf it was except for like 3 strains the were around quite a bit (Acapulco gold, Skunk and Panama Red were the name brands. Everything else was just weed of varying excellence. :)) So with that caveat let me say. This is some of the most interestingly flavored weed I've smoked in a while! It's soooooo tangy and citrusy. Kinda like the dregs of a lemonade concentrate tube And it SITS on the tastebuds for like an hour or more after you've smoked it! The high hits you in the back of the neck like a vicodin would and then kind lays back for a few. Then it creeps up and just envelops your head and makes you want to do stuff! Not in an anxious way or anything. Actually quite the opposite! But you kinda feel like "doing stuff is really cool".:tokin: I had barely any amber trichs when I pulled 'em though too (not much of a couch lock guy, me), so it could be heavier if it matures more maybe. But as done I was able to pull a bong and go to work no prob. But was high as fuck! :) There it is. I'm glad I've got more seed to grow! Gotta be awesome with a full slow cure! I'd love to see you take one outside, knowing how you could work it!

Peace!

K

Thanks K, I too am ready for spring and the outside grow, but gotta get this tent dialed in. In the mean time plan b is in action.Not going to drop the inside girls just yet. Have another set of seeds all ready germinating all are regular seeds so it will be 3 x's Purple Platinum Kush, T.N.R., Drizella, and Heribei x Extrema. Have the 4x8 tent just sitting there so while the other 9 are on 12/12 I get a chance to run theses hoping for 4 females one of each would be ideal, but we will see, could get more. Will be running these under a 400w Halide for a bit and see how they do compared to the other girls. So plan a is still going just really slow and plan b is getting ready to start. Peace all OG.

Back
Top Bottom