Old Bagseeds'n Stuff: Relearning the Grow - Feel Free To Ride Along

Early slow growth can happen for various reasons, initial root growth is one. They'll spend some time and resources getting a good root base established at first so it may look like they've stalled but, as long as you are watering correctly, they're building that base that will propel they in the coming weeks.

I have a Canuk Puk (and some other supplies) on the way :hookah: 6 Northern Lights Fem seeds, 3 Blueberry Fem seeds, 3 Pure CBD Auto Fem seeds, all for later ventures. I'm antsy about it but I know 5 plants in a 2x2 is more than enough
Make sure you store them properly.

Here's how I store mine:

*** Seed Storage ***

I'm seeing lots of questions in different threads lately on how to store the seeds you aren't going to plant right away.

I keep mine in the fridge, lower shelf and way out back behind other stuff. A darkened and sealed container is best to block the light. An amber glass jar with a screw-on lid would be perfect.

The consistent low temperature and low humidity is very helpful to long term seed storage. Some folks even advocate keeping them in the freezer. I've had no noticeable degradation in germination rates even after 5 years and more.

If you don't keep them in the fridge, but just at ambient room temps, the fluctuating temperatures and humidity levels throughout the year will significantly affect germination rates as time goes on. If you're just keeping them a year or so it might not matter much, but anything more than that and the fridge is your friend.

When I want to plant some I take out just what I need and put the rest back in the fridge as quickly as I can. I want the storage group to have as little time out as possible, and I certainly don't want them warming up to room temperature. The rising temps can also change humidity levels and further degrade the seeds chances of sprouting.

Early slow growth can happen for various reasons, initial root growth is one. They'll spend some time and resources getting a good root base established at first so it may look like they've stalled but, as long as you are watering correctly, they're building that base that will propel they in the coming weeks.
Ooh I can see how that works out. Had a peek under the red cups and sure enough that's what they're working on.
Make sure you store them properly.

Here's how I store mine:
Thanks for the tip :thumb: The bagseeds have been sitting in an old dispensary weed jar in the back of a metal drawer this whole time, so far germ rates have been stellar.

Happy 4/20!:lot-o-toke:

Seeds arrived early with no problem!
The mysterie freebies were: another Northern Lights Fem, and Alien Technology.
I wasn't expecting the "Puk" to literally be a puck! That's a really good way to protect your goods.
20240425_164451_(1).jpg

Plant update comes some time tomorrow. It's been another week of hurts.

Day 22. WTF is going on here!
They were asking for water today, so I am in the middle of watering. I started with a nutrient watering with a solution containing 1ml Botanicare calmag & 2.5ml Grow Big. Then I discovered my water PH is going in over 6.4 and coming out around 5.6, and the plants are giving the appropriate stress signals. Hard to tell how that could have happened, but I'm more concerned about fixing it.
Our tap water after dechlorination is way too alkaline at over 8, but our RO bottled water is sitting at 6.7. So what I'm going to do is flush until runoff PH is back within acceptable range & let them recover before feeding again.
They've got names now:

B.I.G.
20240426_112440_HDR_(1).jpg

Stinky
20240426_112650_HDR_(1).jpg

Bottlenose
20240426_112510_HDR_(1).jpg

Ass Hat
20240426_112725_HDR_(1).jpg

Dottie
20240426_112709_hdr_-1-jpg.3581378

20240426_112709_HDR_(1).jpg

Forgot to post an update about new hardware so here it is:
I'm now running an Inkbird humidity controller (plus a REAL humidifier. Piezo instead of electrode boiler) & an AC Infinity Cloudline Lite kit with the tent. The fan nearly blew my damn pants off! It was there I learned that higher CFM is almost an exponential jump. My tent needs braces, Bad!

Day 23. (Midnight? 24?) Late night update.
The plants look nice after their flush with the exception of some leaves wrinkling just a little.
I think once the pots have dried up from this watering it will be time to upcan to their final 1.5 gal pots, which should help with our PH issues in my head. They will get some Mykos at the same time. Can't hurt.
Dottie was culled as it was falling behind, and with the way we're going, this tent is already going to be stuffed. If all plants are ladies that gives them each somewhere under a square foot vertically. I'm thinking about it kind of like Katins' little miracle box. Training so that each of them fill their own corner.

B.I.G.
20240427_184836_HDR_(1).jpg

Stinky
20240427_184916_HDR_(1).jpg

Bottlenose
20240427_185006_HDR_(1).jpg

Ass Hat
20240427_185142_HDR_(1).jpg

Popping Side branches! :woohoo:
20240427_185119_HDR_(1).jpg
20240427_185025_HDR_(1).jpg
20240427_184936_HDR_(1).jpg

The white specks aren't anything to worry about. I somehow did not realize that the ropes I used to hang the light are dusty until I bumped them while taking out the old filter.

Hey there @AbsoluteEgoDance , Kinda' late to the party... but I'm tagging along now... :nomo:
I Love My Girls... :smokin:
Welcome aboard :snowboating: It's never too late, I plan on having fun here as long as I can

I can't edit out the duplicate Dottie for some reason
420 mins after posting, the option of "editing" a post is no longer available. Could it be this amount of time had passed when you attempted to "edit out the duplicate of Dottie?"

420 mins after posting, the option of "editing" a post is no longer available. Could it be this amount of time had passed when you attempted to "edit out the duplicate of Dottie?"
I got to it immediately after posting but it came back each time... Maybe just a glitch 🤔

Remember those CBD hemp seeds I said i put in a bottle "for shiggles" at the beginning of this journal? I totally forgot about them and this is how they are doing.. No mold or nothing, one of them just keeps going. WTF!
20240428_163446_HDR_(1).jpg

If i had the space I'd plant it... What a trooper

Remember those CBD hemp seeds I said i put in a bottle "for shiggles" at the beginning of this journal? I totally forgot about them and this is how they are doing.. No mold or nothing, one of them just keeps going. WTF!
20240428_163446_HDR_(1).jpg

If i had the space I'd plant it... What a trooper
Ohh... That's too bad. Ugh, I feel for the little one! 😢

Silly question: Did you remember to click "Save" after editing?
Memory's bad but I think I did. I'm not too bothered about it tho'

Day 25 is a short update with no photos. I did a lot of running around. Stuffed up some palm blunts for me and the bro (mostly CBD in mine...) then we went to work amending about a hundred gallons of soil & planting some food. Melons and other munchies 🍉🍅🌽

Our girls of ambiguous sex are looking pleased, their growth is speeding up and they're starting to drink faster. The upcan will happen very soon and then they will be topped after recovering, rather than FIM. I have some experience with training but I want to be enabled. Should I try quadlining?

Back
Top Bottom