Old Bagseeds'n Stuff: Relearning the Grow - Feel Free To Ride Along

AbsoluteEgoDance

Don't mind the circus peanut icon. Placeholder..

Hello 420Mag folk.. It's been a few years since I first tried learning how to grow my own medicine. I may have a small budget now but it was WAY smaller then, and so was my patience. I'm not in a hurry to smoke everything anymore..

I've got 5 bagseeds in a little jar of water with a squirt of peroxide. one or two of them could be CBD hemp, one could be an auto, one could grow the lowest hanging nuts I ever seen. For shiggles I dropped 3 definite CBD hemp seeds in a mostly empty bottle of water just to see if they would do anything. All seeds are older than 3 years.

I do hope these seeds take their sweet ass time. I have a Mars Hydro TS-600 light and a Vivosun 24x24x48 tent on the way. The rest of my gear is old IPOWER stuff and the only nutes i have are GH FloraNova Grow (Can a bottle of that stay good for 6 years? Was I even supposed to use it in soil? Questions, questions.) and a jar of Element Nutrients Flower Fuel. Pretty lacking.. For soil I've had a 12qt bag of FoxFarms Ocean Forest sitting in my closet for 3 years. And another one sitting on the porch for 3 years, I won't be using that one for indoor stuff.

Things will come together slowly but surely, I hope to treat my plants better and watch them grow as fat and happy as I want to. Bean time.

20240325_123902_(1).jpg

The cluster slowly bobbed back up after this... I'm gonna listen to some Ween & wait for these little kernels to show some life

Feel free to share any ideas or feeback along our little journey. I'd like to talk with y'all when I have the time.

Don't mind the circus peanut icon. Placeholder..

Hello 420Mag folk.. It's been a few years since I first tried learning how to grow my own medicine. I may have a small budget now but it was WAY smaller then, and so was my patience. I'm not in a hurry to smoke everything anymore..

I've got 5 bagseeds in a little jar of water with a squirt of peroxide. one or two of them could be CBD hemp, one could be an auto, one could grow the lowest hanging nuts I ever seen. For shiggles I dropped 3 definite CBD hemp seeds in a mostly empty bottle of water just to see if they would do anything. All seeds are older than 3 years.

I do hope these seeds take their sweet ass time. I have a Mars Hydro TS-600 light and a Vivosun 24x24x48 tent on the way. The rest of my gear is old IPOWER stuff and the only nutes i have are GH FloraNova Grow (Can a bottle of that stay good for 6 years? Was I even supposed to use it in soil? Questions, questions.) and a jar of Element Nutrients Flower Fuel. Pretty lacking.. For soil I've had a 12qt bag of FoxFarms Ocean Forest sitting in my closet for 3 years. And another one sitting on the porch for 3 years, I won't be using that one for indoor stuff.

Things will come together slowly but surely, I hope to treat my plants better and watch them grow as fat and happy as I want to. Bean time
I would get new nutrients. Nothing sits that long, and will be good for your plants.

The soil will be fine. If your worried about critters/pest you can sanitize the soil.

Looking forward to watching your grow!

I would get new nutrients. Nothing sits that long, and will be good for your plants.

The soil will be fine. If your worried about critters/pest you can sanitize the soil.

Looking forward to watching your grow!
Thanks OGPapa :ciao:
The closet soil I'm not too worried about, It was cool and dry this whole time & just the 12 quarts should do me good for this first small grow. The FloraNova I guess I feel the same about it as any other wet substance that sits too long. Under a sink no less... The bloom powder looks and smells the same as the last time I ever used it tho'. I just don't know how good it does on its' own.

I've got some cash left over to get around 3 things of nutes for now. CalMag is a must, & I'm going to have a look around see what grow and bloom nutes are getting good word of mouth. Love to hear if you've got any suggestions

There is lots of options out there! Check out our 420mag sponsors! They love to support the 420mag community! If you ask around there might be some coupons floating around also that are just for our members!

I have used a bunch of different stuff. I am currently on the search again.
I am using tps ultra veg, bloom. Plants like it, but I'm always looking for the next best!

OOH Sweet! :9 I just picked up a FoxFarms liquid soil nutrient trio with the basics (Grow Big, Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom) for now so I'll look into that for next time :thanks:

I've grown some ridiculously good herb with the fox farm trio. I recommend adding some cal/mag and silica to the mix to make it a complete brew. Some ph Up wouldn't hurt either, that combo tends to drift down into the low 5s if you follow the recommended dosage. Good luck!

I've grown some ridiculously good herb with the fox farm trio. I recommend adding some cal/mag and silica to the mix to make it a complete brew. Some ph Up wouldn't hurt either, that combo tends to drift down into the low 5s if you follow the recommended dosage. Good luck!
Good ideas.. I'm picking up cal/mag in person next time I head out (hitting up the thrift shops for fans and stuff too. it's never failed me) & I'll look for some silica since you recommend it. Thanks for the head up about ph's. I'd like to stick with homebrew up & down tho'.
For my first grow the ph actually managed to get down to 5... Don't remember how I did that but it was probably something silly.

WTF! Only 20 hours in the water and two of the beans already cracked! H2O2 isn't playing around

In other news the 3 CBD hemp beans I put in the water bottle "for shiggles" just vanished without a trace. The bottle & the water are still there. Uh. Alright. Moving right along.

4/5 showing me "The Claw" this morning. Exciting stuff, but I have much to do today before they get to shack up somewhere. I have no light until the TS-600 shows up. (or any of my stuff for that matter. I should've waited a little. Oh well) Here's hoping they'll forgive me for what I'm about to do

The "tent and light haven't arrived yet" setup could have been worse.
I still have 2 cheap blurples that are half burnt out (I gave them to my brother and he used them well, they lasted way longer than expected) but he had a germ light I could use instead. My eyes get to live a little longer. They're on a personal heating pad with the 2 hour shutoff.. Seedling heat mat is next on the list
20240326_153315.jpg

Almost everything's been set up and 4/5 of the seeds have come to greet us. I forgot how slow the first few days can feel.
I must admit, I  did pick up a fan for this at the thrift store the other day, BUT I had a brain fart and got a 3.5 foot tall tower fan that's way too tall, and wide. The airflow outside the tent is fantastic at least
20240329_202246_(1).jpg
20240329_202331_(1).jpg
20240329_202351.jpg

Not a big fan of this tent lacking an intake tube at the bottom, but that's on me for not choosing something with one. I'll make it work tho'
As of now the bottom of the tent is sitting at 81°F 40 RH

Looking good! I'm here for the party!
TY. First one after 6 years gonna be fun no matter what :passitleft:
Once I got things figured out I'd love to grow Purple Punch. That was my first smoke, fuckin' unforgettable time. May be a bit intense for me now but I'll be sharing

It got up to 86°F 21 RH & I forgot to put the cups back over the seedlings so the pellets got dry too D:
There's been no movement since last night, I put the cups back on... Dunno how that's going to go, but I'm gonna get some more kernels soaking and do'em right this time.

Covering up and watering got them moving again. #5 is popping up. I will name her Chilly because she's firmly wearing that seed hull like a blanket. Popping the extra seeds anyways because that will give me more room for error with unknown sex.

Baby update: They're starting to do their thing. 2 are looking pretty weird & I'm beginning to remember why I got so annoyed with peat pellets. I'll let them dry out a little before watering with some RO with a squirt of H202
20240401_104523_(1).jpg
20240401_104534_(1).jpg
20240401_104543_(1).jpg
20240401_104645_(1).jpg

Bet on how long it takes that fan to crap out..
I have 3 beans showing nice long taproots in the jar. Gonna put them in soil once I'm done with chores.

20240402_114138_(1).jpg

Wicking humidifier! Because why the hell is the air so dry here.
The 2 in the peat pots that were refusing to open their heads were taken out. Growth seems kind of slow and I imagine the mold the pellets keep trying to grow isn't helping. Freakin hate the pellets man. Hoping open flowing air and RO+H202 watering will help. If not just blow spores everywhere
I took my 12 quarts of FFOF and mixed in 4 solo-cup-fulls of perlite and that's what the new seeds are in. Put them in some time around 5 PM yesterday after waiting for the soil to fully rehydrate. This time I'll even count the days they're above soil.

I don't know why it took me this long to notice there's a lego piece in the tray...

The babes in soil are way more vigorous so far than the peat pellets. They keep growing mold and growth seems stunted + clawing leaves because of it. Go figure
I'm sure some of these plants will be CBD hemp and for that I'm nervous because they're in a 4 foot tall tent! There will be FIM and LST but I'll be asking them to not hog the space please and thank you with a cherry on top anyways. Exciting stuff
I'll get some pics tomorrow. For now it's day 1 above soil :happy-birthday:

If and when I move on to some genetics I am thinking about Northern Lights or another low odor low height strain. As much as I love the sound of Purple Punch we do have to worry about not stinking out the whole block... Yeah not much control over that with mystery seeds but hey. I plan to get a new filter/fan kit before too long

Back
Top Bottom