Old new guy

BilldoG

420 Member
I have been looking for a forum for asking questions. I will be trying my first grow next year. I will be buying all that I need piece-meal till then as I'm on $750/mo disability. I'm leaning heavily towards Coast of Maine but need advice from experienced growers. I'm old and in poor health,, and don't have time for trolls. FB groups are useless, as are YouTube channels. I need to ask questions and get answers. Is this that place?

There's the problem in a nutshell. I asked a very simple, straight forward question, what organic soil should I use for a outdoor greenhouse grow using 20 gal pots. I got a ream of reading material and vids that is far more then I asked for and would only confuse me. Let's keep it simple and one question at a time.

Calm down some my friend. That’s his signature and will be in every post he does no one has give you any videos. This is a forum sometimes it takes awhile for the right person who has experience in the field you need knowledge to show up. But not many will reply if u have an att peace

I am going to erect a small 3 plant greenhouse. Using 20 gal pots buried in the ground and a swamp cooler with a dehumidifier.
Excellent. Here we go.

Calm down some my friend. That’s his signature and will be in every post he does no one has give you any videos. This is a forum sometimes it takes awhile for the right person who has experience in the field you need knowledge to show up. But not many will reply if u have an att peace
Just very very frustrated. Been asking questions and getting no replies for 3 yrs.

:welcome: @BilldoG :passitleft:

Do you have an opinion about Coast of Maine?
It sounds like Fox Farms Ocean Forest to me :hmmmm: well almost...your paying almost 10 bucks a cubic foot for that, my FFOF is only $36.99 for 3 cubic feet, and makes a great base for LOS... but the Coast of Maine soil does sound good :thumb:
I'm in the mojave desert.
I would recommend a sativa, or some strain suitable for extreme heat :morenutes:
Just very very frustrated. Been asking questions and getting no replies for 3 yrs.
:lot-o-toke: I was like that when I started :meditate:so I used Miracle Grow and CFLs for indoor growing :rofl: ahh, worked well for awhile, but the gnats were horrendous :thedoubletake: so I went to organic, worked much better, but I wanted to try it all :slide:so I tried hydro next, I hated it, way too much work for this old retired fart :rofl: ...so 15 years goes by and I'm in FFOF and I use their trio nutrient line, and I don't have to PH anything, just like organic :thumb: and my plants grow themselves :morenutes::morenutes: I'm indoors :hmmmm: was going to get a tunnel and try my hand at outdoor :hmmmm::thedoubletake: but then I'd have to do a bud washing, and that sounds like work, although some people swear by it :peace::snowboating:

:welcome: @BilldoG :passitleft:

It sounds like Fox Farms Ocean Forest to me :hmmmm: well almost...your paying almost 10 bucks a cubic foot for that, my FFOF is only $36.99 for 3 cubic feet, and makes a great base for LOS... but the Coast of Maine soil does sound good :thumb:

I would recommend a sativa, or some strain suitable for extreme heat :morenutes:

:lot-o-toke: I was like that when I started :meditate:so I used Miracle Grow and CFLs for indoor growing :rofl: ahh, worked well for awhile, but the gnats were horrendous :thedoubletake: so I went to organic, worked much better, but I wanted to try it all :slide:so I tried hydro next, I hated it, way too much work for this old retired fart :rofl: ...so 15 years goes by and I'm in FFOF and I use their trio nutrient line, and I don't have to PH anything, just like organic :thumb: and my plants grow themselves :morenutes::morenutes: I'm indoors :hmmmm: was going to get a tunnel and try my hand at outdoor :hmmmm::thedoubletake: but then I'd have to do a bud washing, and that sounds like work, although some people swear by it :peace::snowboating:
The cost of soil isn't an issue really as it's only a three plant grow. O do need Indica tho, maybe Bubba Kush for sleep and relaxation. I suffer anxiety and have a heart condition and Sativas alway aggregate them both. Plus I have to hide it behind a 6' fence, so no 8' Sativa. Besides I really like a strong narcotic effect of a powerful Indica. It will have intense desert sunlight, but cooled inside the little 3 plant greenhouse. I even have to bury the 20 gal pots so the plants can't be seen. I have to cover my greenhouse in chain link to keep people from stealing it. It's already happened twice.

I have been looking for a forum for asking questions. I will be trying my first grow next year. I will be buying all that I need piece-meal till then as I'm on $750/mo disability. I'm leaning heavily towards Coast of Maine but need advice from experienced growers. I'm old and in poor health,, and don't have time for trolls. FB groups are useless, as are YouTube channels. I need to ask questions and get answers. Is this that place?
Welcome aboard mate!
Yes this is the place!
:welcome::green_heart:

Welcome to 420magazine @BilldoG :welcome: Great name.
We are all here to help in any way we can.
You are in the right place.
Bill

I’m new here also and I’ve been treated kindly. I would say we have both chosen a great, friendly and helpful place with a very knowledgeable group of growers. I also plan to grow my plants outside after I get them started. I’m also in a very arid and dry place so I will make sure to tag along on your journey. If you don’t mind sir. Best wishes!!

NTH

Welcome bill. I use soil, my current grow is with ‘nectar for the gods’ and it’s going great. I haven’t used coast of Maine but I’d love to hear if you decide to use it.
Ty, I'll keep that in mind. My grow isn't until next year. I just had a lot of hospital time this year and couldn't get started in time. So this is all about next yrs grow. I'll be posting about it and asking questions when the time comes.

Welcome aboard @BilldoG

I see there are a number of factor that determine when you start. Can I make a possible suggestion?

The 420 Magazine forum has ways for growers and sponsor's to communicate with each other and in the process get your post count up a pass 50.

Then you will be able too try and win free, yes I sand free, equipment and other growing materials for indoors and outdoor grows.

I included a link for you to check out at your leisure; if you are interested.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

Back
Top Bottom