Gahhhh. Sugar leaves makes everything so hard, and level of zoom combined with lighting makes identifying trichomes as clear or milky tough tooo!!!

Going to post a few pics, and could really use your opinion, so long as you have a firm opinion... gut tells me that I might be able to chop one or two, but that I gotta wait on most. In the interest of brevity, I’ll post the best trich Pic I got.... i appreciate your help!! @Backlipslide , @Silverfox125 , @Sparkey224 , @stoneotter , @DonkeyDick. I know everyone will potentially have different opinions, just looking to see if I’m going to screw mused by cutting early...

day 67 from flip

Mandarin Cookie
2A8CE809-9F29-45B5-88A4-2455ED64EB34.jpeg
A18380D6-7958-46F2-AB61-71A9C2CA8B68.jpeg

Sapphire OG#1: HPS/coco (back of tent)
CDBE998E-632D-4DFB-B093-277958B444EB.jpeg
2702E898-96B7-4F25-9EFF-1A60BD3A45CA.jpeg
2A041C6F-FE5F-40DF-B818-689571DCC19C.jpeg

The New#1: HPS/coco
DDFF9E6E-4D3B-4B7A-B84B-BD73B85499F1.jpeg
62922400-13E3-4EF1-A2DC-9BAE7CE914C3.jpeg

mandarin Cookie #2: hPS/coco
1EEC7BDC-9545-4556-AC1D-95F7F8EAB3A8.jpeg
19DE5B73-D31E-4514-AAEB-282E69A0F2FD.jpeg
52C82953-8942-4204-9D51-1E57FE061F06.jpeg

If she still growing out white hairs i would wait brother. Regardless, you are in the harvest window on how they look.
This is what i look for:
Floppy stems, stems turning yellow, no more white hairs is couple of my indicators she ready.
They look outstanding @Opar . :high-five:

Hiya. Thanks for the tag.
My firm opinion is that maximum THC peaks before trichs degrade to amber. Flowers will double their weight in their last two weeks. If you’ve seen them do that, then they may be at optimal ripeness.

Mandarin Cookies 1, check in two weeks
MC 2, check in one week
MC 3, some of that amber looks like damage, but I still say she’s ready.
MC 4, chop now.

Sapphire OG1, check in a week

The New 1, one week
2, now
3, one week

That’s how I see it. Same eyes apply to others IMO - lost track a bit there Opar.

I agree with you, Sparky they do look outstanding. Another few cues for ripeness indicators there too, nice one.

I’ve just run clones of clones, etc for four runs in a row. Allowing for variance in nutes from start to finish by far the best result is from maximum milky trichs, post swell, pre-amber.
I chopped 1, early; 2, 20% amber; 3, 10% amber; 4, mostly milky, less than 5% each glass and amber.
The last has been the most potent and full of flavour. Juiciest when pressed for rosin, too. And the most effective pain meds I’ve yet made.

Like Sparky says, you’re in the window. Easy to see how you’ll be spending the global emergency. In trim jail!

Also, just because you asked for firm opinions. It is my firm opinion that you are the god of your own garden and your choices are your own and beyond reproach.
FWIW :cool:
:peace:

I chopped 1, early; 2, 20% amber; 3, 10% amber; 4, mostly milky, less than 5% each glass and amber.
The last has been the most potent and full of flavour. Juiciest when pressed for rosin, too. And the most effective pain meds I’ve yet made.

Awesome information and experience to share, thank you!!

Also, just because you asked for firm opinions. It is my firm opinion that you are the god of your own garden and your choices are your own and beyond reproach.
FWIW :cool:
:peace:

Great observation/philosophy! Gotta get the scissors working :) hand trim only here :(

Mandarin Cookie
Within a week timeframe. Day to day.

Sapphire OG#1: HPS/coco
Day to day. Can arguably say, ready.

The New#1
Chop now.

mandarin Cookie #2:
Day to day.

the new #2:
Ready.

Mandarin Cookies #3:
Ready. Chop yesterday.
Lots of white pistils though. :hmmmm:

Mandarin Cookies #4:
Ready, chop now.

the New #3
A week, then day to day.

Three Blue Kings:
Ready, chop any time.

Sapphire OG #2:
Day to day.

Now these are just my opinions, and others may vary. I am 100% certain, that you will be a busy man cutting all these!:cheesygrinsmiley::bravo:

Thanks BLS, really appreciate your input!

Ready. Chop yesterday.
Lots of white pistils though. :hmmmm:

weird right? I was kinda waiting on the pistils ... really strange :(

Now these are just my opinions, and others may vary. I am 100% certain, that you will be a busy man cutting all these!:cheesygrinsmiley::bravo:

thanks man, hoping for a decent outcome... then on to the next!

Hey @Opar :high-five: congrats man..you have some fine looking flowers. Great bud to leaf ratio too. Big yield for sure, like to see your finals numbers.

Had to place a order with Cropking. They have a huge selection now. I wasnt going to order until i saw Kalimist. Ive only had it once and it was incredible.
Cropking also carries Neville's Haze. I hope youre still running it with us. @Backlipslide needs to join us too.
Have a great night @Opar and friends

Thanks @Sparkey224 , I gotta go to the hydro store and get stuff, all non-essential businesses ordered to close now. So tomorrow is last chance for awhile, like promix and wiggle worm ewc.... I will definitely join, and I hope BLS or others interest would as well :). Might be hard for him to manage the long flower ... not sure.

weird right? I was kinda waiting on the pistils ... really strange :(
Very weird. It’s kind of a catch 22 because by eye, she doesn’t look done, by trichomes she looks done. You go too long, the trichs will degrade and you lose out of the highest possible thc you could have had with the plant. Yeah, idk, it’s a tough one... :nervous-guy:

Thanks for the invite fellas!! I’ll have to sit this one out, as I will be shutting down, in weeks time! Just waiting for the run to finish off. One plant down, three to go!

I appreciate the invite, would love to run with the cool crowd though! Would have been stellar!!:headbanger:

They all sure look fine Opar!
I've been waiting for my top buds to go milky to partial amber while some lower bud swells. When the lowers get up to weight/size and my top trich color is mostly milky I swing the axe. It all has to do with the final swell I guess for me and getting the most from them at the right time. For me. You're in the window, pick a priority and run with it, like Donkey said, you're the god of weed afterall. Beautiful grow!

Thank you @stoneotter, appreciate your take! I need to do a better job of paying attention to the bud swelling.... oh well, live and learn...

do you think harvesting half the plant and leaving the other half would be ok or too stressful t be meaningful? General question to everyone out there...
Not at all, I've seen folks get a big bump in the secondary harvest if the tops go before the bottoms.

Everyone mentioned above is correct: this might help me explain what i was trying to say..lol

Here is a pic of my stems/ base. Not the best pic but can you see how much more yellow this stem from my diesel clone that matches its hairs because it has about 10%white hairs left on the buds.
20200324_125759.jpg

Compared to the greener stems from another diesel that came from seed with about 25% white hairs left on the bud.

Once the stems turn yellow "ripe banana" its hard to hold up the buds making them floppy and usually the few white hairs left have turned. Thats my peak..everyone is different ways of doing it
20200324_125805.jpg

Hope this helps brother

Back
Top Bottom