Outside, what are you doing? What are you growing?

Just wanna see what people plan on doing this year. Where all my outdoor gardeners at? Me. I love outdoors. Nothing like letting the sun do it’s job. Day after day without using a single switch. In the organic earth after a winter of prepping. The smell of inside the hose early in the morning Or the fresh wet dirt smell. I absolutely love it. Well. I guess my questions are

1. What are your strains this year?
2. Are you considering in ground?
3. When do you sprout seeds? Root clones?
4. When do you actually transfer to outside?
5. Any secrets worth sharing or feel comfortable sharing?
6. What’s you favorite strain you grew outside, when, and why?

Just tryin to attach myself more to the community here at 420. I’m here a lot. I work in care giving and ihss. So I’m on my phone during all the down times.

I’ll go first.

1. The strains I have planned this year for outdoors will be,
Amnesia okseeds
amnesia haze. Coffee shop
Blue dream. Coffeeshop
Gsc. Coffeeshop
apparition. Best coast seeds
Garlic. Sensi 2010
Akog 1&3. Dna seeds
White wedding. Ethos
Bruce banner. Ethos
ChemD autos. Ethos

All will be in ground and in containers. I’ll be playing around with light deprivation on a lot of clones. I have everything sprouted indoors. Clones and moms will be going outside in may-June. And I will be cloning them to. A lot. For further indoor projects.
No secrets on my end other than kiss method. I try to mess around outside when each plant is a potential 12-16 oz dry. And this year will be mostly grade a cannabis based off genetics.
Looking fwd to growing garlic and white wedding outside. But blue dream is by far my favorite. She’s the outside queen.

Anyone else please chime in. I love outside growing. My favorite time of the year. Essp love to discuss it :). Good morning everyone! And happy Friday!!!

(This pic is what’s planned for outside as is)

68781B58-1DDD-4D49-9D95-2D8BA62E96E5.jpeg

Probably won’t start until Mid April because of space in my tent. Last year was a bad outdoor growing season for me. Lots of WPM and bud rot on everything. This year, no clones, all from seed and mainly Indica. So I have a few in mind but might have new seeds coming soon as well. So my early contenders rights now are

Blue Cheese - Barney’s Farm
Gorilla Zkittlez - Barney’s Farm
Chocolate Mint OG - HSC
Dosidos - Canuk Seeds
Cinderella 99 - Canuk Seeds
OR
Blue Cindy - G13 Labs

Probably won’t start until Mid April because of space in my tent. Last year was a bad outdoor growing season for me. Lots of WPM and bud rot on everything. This year, no clones, all from seed and mainly Indica. So I have a few in mind but might have new seeds coming soon as well. So my early contenders rights now are

Chocolate Mint OG - HSC
Dosidos - Canuk Seeds
OR
Blue Cindy - G13 Labs
That’s a beautiful lineup
I prolly won’t be placing anything outside until April/may. But I’m prepared for a solid nice run this year. My last year I went to early and flowered everything for 4 weeks. Then reveged. And it was a success. But a mess. I might fickle around with clones outside early and see what happens. I guess like testers lol

I have autos started now outside. Only seeds so far iv popped outside. Sprouted. And will spout maybe a couple more. I try to keep my seed stock and run clones unless I’m done with the pheno.

Just beginning to think about it now

This gardeners favorite time of year

Let the days and the flowers grow

Got my seeds, mimosa, northern lights, peyote, lemon kush, and some purple urkel. I don’t start outdoors until late May or early June. Just harvested my tent, got to wait to start the next indoor grow for at least a month. Have to have the house tented/fumigated damm dry wood termites!

Hi everybody

Like the last couple years I'm mostly growing Autos. Cheese, White Widow and Amnesia. Those will all be started in May so they'll be flowering mid August. An 8x12 hoop greenhouse keeps the rain off, and a timer does the watering if I'm away. All in containers, a weak coco based potting mix with some Sea Compost and a couple spades full of garden soil to cover micro nutrients.

I have a couple free seeds called Crystal Candy XL auto. They'll be an experiment. No loss, no foul if they're crappy.

Lastly, I have a some aging Jamaican Sativa seeds, maybe 10 or 15 left. They grew some great weed a couple years ago but I want more seeds before they're too old. In an entirely different garden far away, I'm going to plant them all, and let the females all go to seed. Later once I've got the fresh seeds I'd like to try making my own Feminized Jamaican Sativa seeds - but that's another thread lol

1. Skywalker OG and Doug's Varin from Weed Seeds Express, Jack the Ripper, and either Jack Herer, Sour Diesel auto, or Black Amnesia Haze
2. Skywalker OG will be in the ground, the rest in fabric pots
3. Mid-April this year (I've done anything from early March to late May in the past)
4. Mid to late May depending on the weather
5. Pretty standard practices here
6. Cherry Bomb, because she gave me my favourite weed so far. The rest of those seeds were a disaster though.

Chocolate Mint OG - HSC
Dosidos - Canuk Seeds
OR
Blue Cindy - G13 Labs
Sounds like last season for me. Southern Ontario got one of the rainiest Septembers on record. Any day it didn't rain the humidity was through the roof.

1. Skywalker OG and Doug's Varin from Weed Seeds Express, Jack the Ripper, and either Jack Herer, Sour Diesel auto, or Black Amnesia Haze
2. Skywalker OG will be in the ground, the rest in fabric pots
3. Mid-April this year (I've done anything from early March to late May in the past)
4. Mid to late May depending on the weather
5. Pretty standard practices here
6. Cherry Bomb, because she gave me my favourite weed so far. The rest of those seeds were a disaster though.

Sounds like last season for me. Southern Ontario got one of the rainiest Septembers on record. Any day it didn't rain the humidity was through the roof.

I’m from The Hammer area and everyone had I know had problems, especially those late sept/early oct humidity we dealt with. First year when it was legal, it was pollination problems as know one knew what their seed was. The year before this I had a small bit of wpm, lost 1 plant, but almost everything was +1000g weight. Highest one being a Black Domina in a 20G garbage pale at 1723g or almost a pound dried. So here’s hoping for a good growing season like (I can’t believe I’m saying this) 2020 was.

I’m from The Hammer area and everyone had I know had problems, especially those late sept/early oct humidity we dealt with. First year when it was legal, it was pollination problems as know one knew what their seed was. The year before this I had a small bit of wpm, lost 1 plant, but almost everything was +1000g weight. Highest one being a Black Domina in a 20G garbage pale at 1723g or almost a pound dried. So here’s hoping for a good growing season like (I can’t believe I’m saying this) 2020 was.
I'm in Hamilton as well. Last year was the first time I've lost more than a few small buds to mould.
I'm hoping the same thing as you are.

Southern Ontario got one of the rainiest Septembers on record. Any day it didn't rain the humidity was through the roof.
And Southeast Michigan was about the same. Keep in mind that when Powdery Mildew becomes noticeable on a plant it has a head start since it already has been growing for 3 to 4 weeks.

I was able to keep it under control by spraying with a vinegar & water mix once every 7-10 days. Not a perfect solution to the problem but it did help.

Strains under consideration are Blue Dream, Peanut Butter Cup, White Runtz and Freak Show. Running far behind for 5th place is some sort of Wedding Mints. Already have the BD and PBC clones going. Unlikely that the mother plants will finish outside. Everything in pots from 3 to 5 gallon.

Will bring the plants upstairs and put in back room by the southern exposure window/door wall sometime in early May. After hardening off to those temperature & conditions will move them outside and transplant into the pots. That should all be done by mid-May to late-May.

No secrets to share and only as comfortable as saying that it is a stealth grow since the yard is exposed to the public on two sides. While recreational is legal here the laws include not being visible to the public.

No favorite strain.

Strains under consideration are Blue Dream, Peanut Butter Cup, White Runtz and Freak Show. Running far behind for 5th place is some sort of Wedding Mints.
The Freak Show is not growing the way I would like to see. Might not be able to grow it outside but will not know for a few more weeks.

The other night I was told that a licensed medical grower was giving away some of his extra clones of the "Sundae Driver" strain and I would be getting one or two. Now to figure where to put them while they are under quarantine so they can be checked for insects and mildews, etc.

The Freak Show is not growing the way I would like to see. Might not be able to grow it outside but will not know for a few more weeks.

The other night I was told that a licensed medical grower was giving away some of his extra clones of the "Sundae Driver" strain and I would be getting one or two. Now to figure where to put them while they are under quarantine so they can be checked for insects and mildews, etc.
Sweet deal!!!

Sorry to hear about the freak show. Maybe outside is better suited for that type of strain. She’s a funky one. Lol

Strains: all autos, Haze and another sativa cross, Haze and Cheese cross.
I found the cheese to be mold prone outdoors and crossed it with the haze to hopefully
fix. Peppers: Carolina Reapers

When: mid April, Two girls, 4-6 weeks, in 1G fabric that I may try digging a hole and setting the pot in the ground.
Chopped two males, replacing with two fem seeds in solo cups just planted. Will go directly from cups to ground.
Planning on a second crop of autos summer/fall in 10G and in ground.

Nutrients: Have been using Down to Earth 4-4-4 and 4-8-4, Going to try budget homedepot fertilizers.
Espoma garden tone 3-4-4 and Alaska morbloom 0-10-10

Dr earth is a great product. Not expensive and at Home Depot.

Why do you run autos only? I’m not very good with autos. I don’t have that touch. But I ordered tons. So ima play with them around my photos this year. Come October. Hopefully I’ll have that touch.

Hanmer, just outside Suds?

:ciao: neighborino
:cheesygrinsmiley:

Hey all - I'm just North of Lake Simcoe
Outside only but will move to a greenhouse in fall
Trying totally organic this year
I have sprouted tomatoes, peppers, geraniums, lupins, squash and marigolds....I am hoping this stops me from dropping my other good seeds too early. I just sprung for some Super Lemon Haze Autos and a Blue Banner Auto and have various Photos that I will try. I have decided to give Autos a go since fall seems to arrive before my Gals are done. Even with the greenhouse I think the lower sun affects them.
OK, I'll admit a weed seed sprouted in the worm bin so.....I pulled her out and have been babying her along just for fun.
I'm hoping to try to use aspirin or Col. Silver to turn a branch so I can pollinate and get a few seeds. I know it is tough with autos but I may try to clone some and them move them waaaay back to the beaver dam to do their thing!!

Good morning my friend sorry you had a problem with your grow.
I'm thinking of a poly greenhouse this year to help with the weather in our area.
Hopefully we have a warm dry fall this year.

Stay safe
Bill

Hey all - I'm just North of Lake Simcoe
Outside only but will move to a greenhouse in fall
Trying totally organic this year
I have sprouted tomatoes, peppers, geraniums, lupins, squash and marigolds....I am hoping this stops me from dropping my other good seeds too early. I just sprung for some Super Lemon Haze Autos and a Blue Banner Auto and have various Photos that I will try. I have decided to give Autos a go since fall seems to arrive before my Gals are done. Even with the greenhouse I think the lower sun affects them.
OK, I'll admit a weed seed sprouted in the worm bin so.....I pulled her out and have been babying her along just for fun.
I'm hoping to try to use aspirin or Col. Silver to turn a branch so I can pollinate and get a few seeds. I know it is tough with autos but I may try to clone some and them move them waaaay back to the beaver dam to do their thing!!
Hey @greenjeans Hope you are well my friend.
Hope your garden is great this year.
We need a warm dry one for a change.

Stay safe
Bill

Scratch that, I'll be growing Romulan this year instead of JH, SD, or BAH.
That is, if my Herbie's order arrives in time:).

Hanmer, just outside Suds?

:ciao: neighborino
:cheesygrinsmiley:
Isn't The Hammer the nickname for Hamilton?

Back
Top Bottom