P Dog’s Perpetual Garden

Deftera

Right on Right on :welcome: Thanks for stopping by and checking out my journal of my second and hopefully never ending, everlasting, eternal, permanent, unending, endless, without end, long-lasting, constant, enduring, perennial, timeless, ageless, deathless, undying, immortal Grow! :thumb:

Started my first grow with Canadian legalization, and after much lurking and reading and following it’s time that I started my own journal.
I have one grow under my belt and with much help from this invaluable forum it turned out great and I am more than pleased with what I was able to grow having zero experience. I’ve killed a few house plants in my day so was worried that my pot plants would suffer the same fate, lucky they did not.
I’ve taken a few cuttings from the first grow, most those died, so far there has been 2 survivors and 7 more I still have hope in.
Currently for clones I’m cutting them, dipping in stim-root, then into cups, under a 8” humidity dome and tray with a 18” x 12” heat mat under it in my veg tent with led over it. Sits about 84f in the dome.
I have 2 tents 5x5 flower 4x4 veg, running 2-3 humidifiers 24/7 one in each tent somedays 2 in the veg tent.
Strains will always be changing, but plan to always have a cbd medical strain going, then there will be a mix of indica’s and sativa’s.
Currently have Blue cookies, Jack Herer, Blueberry, Crown Royale, going and Candida and Do-si-do just started. That’s the veg tent, and flower tent currently has 2 blueberry sativa’s in it, they just entered 12/12, in one month, 1 more plant will be added to flower, then another, a month after. To hopefully start a good rotation.
Soil is FFHF for cuttings seedlings and FFOF for everything else with a bit of perlite added. Using Gaia Green nutrients, all purpose veg and power bloom along with calmag, when needed. Been working okay for me so far.
But looking around at other options.
Pots range from 1-7 gallon although biggest I’ve flowered in so far is the 5g, the 7’s will be tried this round. Plants go from solos to 1g, to 3g then 5 for the first grow and worked well.
Lights in veg are Chinese, there’s 18, 50w chips, 12 3000k white and 6 purple.
Flower is a hlg 600v2 with dimmer
Inkbirds are in the mail but tents range from 60-70f with lights on-off humidity is about 45 in veg and 35-40 in flower.
Have a blue lab PH pen and keep at 6.3, I generally water with cool water.
I water when plants start to show first signs of droop, and use a 5g bucket with sump pump attached to a chemical sprayer style handle
Have a few gnats, I have panty hose covering all pot drain holes and 1” sand on most my plants and use d.e from time to time, and sticky traps, they’ve never been real bad but I don’t like even seeing the odd one flying around.
More than happy to take suggestions and advice from anyone, be told I’m doing something wrong etc, I want to do things right so won’t be butt hurt if I’m told I’m doing something wrong :snowboating:

Enough rambling from me for now....that will probably be the longest post of this entire journal, so :thanks: if you read all that.:passitleft:

Below is some random pictures from my first grow:Namaste:

I was a bit rough with my training and not letting the ties slack off a bit while they grew and ended up completely breaking one of the quadline tops off on the right plant, then split it again slightly later on, one on the left split and started healing itself before I noticed, then I put the ties on for caution.

Now for this grow, current pics below

Veg tent, purples on

Veg tent purples off
(lol guess I moved plants around between pics)

Work space between tents

6” intake goes to veg tent and the 4” goes out and back into the flower tent and blows on that humidifier keeping the white dust on the floor generally.

Lights on 50% for the pic

:passitleft:

Right on Right on :welcome: Thanks for stopping by and checking out my journal of my second and hopefully never ending, everlasting, eternal, permanent, unending, endless, without end, long-lasting, constant, enduring, perennial, timeless, ageless, deathless, undying, immortal Grow! :thumb:

Started my first grow with Canadian legalization, and after much lurking and reading and following it’s time that I started my own journal.
I have one grow under my belt and with much help from this invaluable forum it turned out great and I am more than pleased with what I was able to grow having zero experience. I’ve killed a few house plants in my day so was worried that my pot plants would suffer the same fate, lucky they did not.
I’ve taken a few cuttings from the first grow, most those died, so far there has been 2 survivors and 7 more I still have hope in.
Currently for clones I’m cutting them, dipping in stim-root, then into cups, under a 8” humidity dome and tray with a 18” x 12” heat mat under it in my veg tent with led over it. Sits about 84f in the dome.
I have 2 tents 5x5 flower 4x4 veg, running 2-3 humidifiers 24/7 one in each tent somedays 2 in the veg tent.
Strains will always be changing, but plan to always have a cbd medical strain going, then there will be a mix of indica’s and sativa’s.
Currently have Blue cookies, Jack Herer, Blueberry, Crown Royale, going and Candida and Do-si-do just started. That’s the veg tent, and flower tent currently has 2 blueberry sativa’s in it, they just entered 12/12, in one month, 1 more plant will be added to flower, then another, a month after. To hopefully start a good rotation.
Soil is FFHF for cuttings seedlings and FFOF for everything else with a bit of perlite added. Using Gaia Green nutrients, all purpose veg and power bloom along with calmag, when needed. Been working okay for me so far.
But looking around at other options.
Pots range from 1-7 gallon although biggest I’ve flowered in so far is the 5g, the 7’s will be tried this round. Plants go from solos to 1g, to 3g then 5 for the first grow and worked well.
Lights in veg are Chinese, there’s 18, 50w chips, 12 3000k white and 6 purple.
Flower is a hlg 600v2 with dimmer
Inkbirds are in the mail but tents range from 60-70f with lights on-off humidity is about 45 in veg and 35-40 in flower.
Have a blue lab PH pen and keep at 6.3, I generally water with cool water.
I water when plants start to show first signs of droop, and use a 5g bucket with sump pump attached to a chemical sprayer style handle
Have a few gnats, I have panty hose covering all pot drain holes and 1” sand on most my plants and use d.e from time to time, and sticky traps, they’ve never been real bad but I don’t like even seeing the odd one flying around.
More than happy to take suggestions and advice from anyone, be told I’m doing something wrong etc, I want to do things right so won’t be butt hurt if I’m told I’m doing something wrong :snowboating:

Enough rambling from me for now....that will probably be the longest post of this entire journal, so :thanks: if you read all that.:passitleft:

Below is some random pictures from my first grow:Namaste:
624A9239-A3B5-4D67-B51F-C52D79A8318F.jpeg

4CE78207-8227-48DF-81D6-7888CADBBB07.jpeg
5BCE7DFC-28F9-4D51-BC37-36CB7F5383A1.jpeg
image.jpg

I was a bit rough with my training and not letting the ties slack off a bit while they grew and ended up completely breaking one of the quadline tops off on the right plant, then split it again slightly later on, one on the left split and started healing itself before I noticed, then I put the ties on for caution.

Now for this grow, current pics below
image.jpg

Veg tent, purples on
97BA8F22-5BB6-4C78-8F4D-099F509CF335.jpeg

Veg tent purples off
(lol guess I moved plants around between pics)
53941707-FA8A-4500-9178-2019E530374F.jpeg
9B1E189A-6591-4566-BD81-22CE0FB7B23D.jpeg

Work space between tents
634AAA6E-8E60-4D0C-9A3B-21AFECFDE5DF.jpeg

6” intake goes to veg tent and the 4” goes out and back into the flower tent and blows on that humidifier keeping the white dust on the floor generally.
93B661F8-A768-4A96-A128-564F25A8BC59.jpeg

Lights on 50% for the pic

subbed in :passitleft:

Do you have these to help dial it in better ?

View media item 1637923
View media item 1637922

Subbed in! Welcome to the world of Grow Journals.

Will read it later ;).

Hey Shed! :party:Thanks for subbing into my journal :slide:I’d be super pumped to have you follow along! Your journal and info I’ve learned from you has been the biggest help to me to date and I credit my first grow being a success thanks to the knowledge I got from your threads.
So great to have you here, you can sit in my nice plastic green chair in the sun looking at joes plants and enjoy yourself.

subbed in :passitleft:

Do you have these to help dial it in better ?

View media item 1637923
View media item 1637922

Wooo! Thx Joe
I’d be more than happy to have you follow along, from the bit of reading through your journal I’ve done, I know could definitely benefit from having someone like you in here.

And yep yep I do have both those exact models on order, for each tent. Should be here next week sometime :thumb:

Put do-si-do and CD1 into water yesterday before work and when I got home 10 hrs later the dosi has cracked sunk and was showing tiny tap, so she went into paper towel, CD1 did not sink or crack, after holding under water for a min she finally sunk, but 18 more hrs later still hadn’t cracked, Sooo I cracked it myself between my teeth, it was solid still! After that went back into water for 8 hrs, I can see the tiny gap growing in the shell so hopefully she’s swelling and growing a tap, that was now over 24 hrs in water so I put in a paper towel on heat pad, with high hopes, it still shows no tap at this moment. And have now dropped another CD1 in water, it sunk in 4 hrs so looking better.

Hey Shed! :party:Thanks for subbing into my journal :slide:I’d be super pumped to have you follow along! Your journal and info I’ve learned from you has been the biggest help to me to date and I credit my first grow being a success thanks to the knowledge I got from your threads.
So great to have you here, you can sit in my nice plastic green chair in the sun looking at joes plants and enjoy yourself.

Wooo! Thx Joe
I’d be more than happy to have you follow along, from the bit of reading through your journal I’ve done, I know could definitely benefit from having someone like you in here.

And yep yep I do have both those exact models on order, for each tent. Should be here next week sometime :thumb:
Nice

I’ll follow along see what I can help or suggest for you ✊

Let’s grow you some beast

Put do-si-do and CD1 into water yesterday before work and when I got home 10 hrs later the dosi has cracked sunk and was showing tiny tap, so she went into paper towel, CD1 did not sink or crack, after holding under water for a min she finally sunk, but 18 more hrs later still hadn’t cracked, Sooo I cracked it myself between my teeth, it was solid still! After that went back into water for 8 hrs, I can see the tiny gap growing in the shell so hopefully she’s swelling and growing a tap, that was now over 24 hrs in water so I put in a paper towel on heat pad, with high hopes, it still shows no tap at this moment. And have now dropped another CD1 in water, it sunk in 4 hrs so looking better.
And here we grow ladies and gentlemen :tommy::popcorn:

Sorry man, still haven't had time to read from the beginning, but drop a link in my thread as well!

LOL shed no worries man, I know your busy on weekends, and your daughter is around this weekend (hope was a great weekend) and you got your sat and sun naps to sneak in also :p
Just happy to have you here! :cheesygrinsmiley:

That first grow turned out some nice frosty colas, and this one I'm sure will do the same! Love the split level grow :).

That's quite a talent! I will be sending you all my un-split seeds from now on.

Thanks for the compliment, and the veg tent is working well with cutting up top nice and warm up there for them, and gives the bottom girls a bit more room to play in.

These Candida’s are being a real pain in the butt!
Still the first one didn’t show tap root yet, I bit it again gently to try to open the shell up more, it’s rock solid, can see the tap trying to come out now, cd1 #2 sat in water 18 hrs and didn’t crack either, before bed I manually cracked it with my teeth again and put in water for another 8 hrs, still no tap lol, this morning I said f it and bit it again gently to open more and put in paper towel beside the other troubled seed. Dosi cracked and has 1/4” long tap already :/

Dosido one day old

And the force cracked Candida’s left seed is the first trouble child and right is the second one I tried. Hopes are swaying back to #1
Long as one takes off I’ll be happy.

Class is in session. I hope you don’t mind me being late on first day. Not sure if I’ll have much to offer. I’m using ffof as well, I hope to learn some new tricks of the trade. Cheers!!

Late is perfect, Welcome Jdeck :high-five:
Not sure I’ll have much to teach either LOL,
It’s gonna be just like high school, we can just sit here and sh*t talk and get baked :lot-o-toke:

Not looking good here, for the Candida seeds so far the open seed went into water on Friday morning it’s now 48 hrs later, seed is not rottin or mushy so I put back in wet paper towel and left for work, seed 2 has not showed any life yet either :( has cracked thx to me cracking it open was in water 18 hrs and overnight in the paper towel and nada thing
Dosi had 1/2 long tap and went into a solo this morning so there’s something good.

Got seeds on my mind LOL, so came home on lunch break to check on them........And there’s progress #1no shell on it and hasn’t done anything but seed #2 has decided to show a tap
:woohoo: Still got good hopes in getting one of the 2 too germinate

Bottom seed I’ve lost hope in lol, it’s shell fell off in the water completly just now, gave it a ten min soak and just fell off , I just scooped out the bare seed from the cup and placed in the paper towel beside the other one again, top seed is same top seed in previous picture so it’s looking good, in last 5 hrs tap appeared, tiny black spot on the end of it, but not going to touch it..... just wait and see now.
Back to work :nerd-with-glasses:

How stressful lol! All my first seeds germinated with no problems 18 hrs warm water then overnight in the paper towel on heat pad and all had nice taps

Back
Top Bottom