P Dog’s Perpetual Garden

I see no harm in doing that. I don’t think it would hurt to have an air pump and stone oxygenating the nutrient water. Basically it’s a hydro reservoir. Keep a lid on it too to keep bacteria from growing.
I have a 35 gallon trash can full of RO water in my garage. I have an aquarium heater to keep it 70 degrees, a lid, and a air stone. I don’t actually mix anything in the trash can though.

Hope that helps!

Edit: please do clean it at least once a week though. :high-five:

Gonna pull up a seat. Might be a little slow in visiting, I follow a lot of journals....but if you have a specific question feel free to PM me or give me the old @ call out. Cheers.

I honestly think you will be more then happy with all of them Penny there grew outdoors for 20-30 years I belive then came here and started indoor .
But he is dropi g a journal and I highly recommend you follow along his for sure .

Man is brilliant and so amazing I general .
For the names you listed, I will take the time to look at each of their journals individually and see what knowledge I can take from them and join up to follow as I need a few soil experts to follow and learn from.
Thanks again

The sum of my question is,
Can I re use water that I’ve ph’d to 6.3, again the next day even though I need to add more ph down to the same water to get it back to 6.3.
Or should I start with fresh water for every watering?

:thanks:
l

I see no harm in doing that. I don’t think it would hurt to have an air pump and stone oxygenating the nutrient water. Basically it’s a hydro reservoir. Keep a lid on it too to keep bacteria from growing.
I have a 35 gallon trash can full of RO water in my garage. I have an aquarium heater to keep it 70 degrees, a lid, and a air stone. I don’t actually mix anything in the trash can though.

Hope that helps!

Edit: please do clean it at least once a week though. :high-five:

Great thanks that does help indeed, I will look into an air stone, and aquarium heater as that small investment will make life easier and be good to have consistent water temps (id assume) right now my water is ice cold from the available tap then I add in some hot water to get it closer to room temperature. I will indeed wash out the bucket weekly yep, I don’t want algae growing in the sump pump or sprayer.
:Namaste:

Gonna pull up a seat. Might be a little slow in visiting, I follow a lot of journals....but if you have a specific question feel free to PM me or give me the old @ call out. Cheers.

Cool cool Thanks Van Stank, I’ll pm or @ you if needed :)
I crept on here during my first grow and followed Shed pretty closely, found in his journal the stank clips early on and used that technique along with quad lining on my first grow, so I find this pretty cool that you are around to help if needed.
Thank you :Namaste:

I honestly think you will be more then happy with all of them Penny there grew outdoors for 20-30 years I belive then came here and started indoor .
But he is dropi g a journal and I highly recommend you follow along his for sure .

Man is brilliant and so amazing I general .

Okay cool I’ll check penny out, I see him in every thread I follow as it is and he always seems to have sound advice. And 20 yrs is a lot of experience oh my!

Awesome Kingjoe thanks again for asking your friends to drop by and help me, much appreciated and won’t be forgotten
:thanks::Namaste:

Great thanks that does help indeed, I will look into an air stone, and aquarium heater as that small investment will make life easier and be good to have consistent water temps (id assume) right now my water is ice cold from the available tap then I add in some hot water to get it closer to room temperature. I will indeed wash out the bucket weekly yep, I don’t want algae growing in the sump pump or sprayer.

Cool cool Thanks Van Stank, I’ll pm or @ you if needed :)
I crept on here during my first grow and followed Shed pretty closely, found in his journal the stank clips early on and used that technique along with quad lining on my first grow, so I find this pretty cool that you are around to help if needed.
Thank you :Namaste:

Okay cool I’ll check penny out, I see him in every thread I follow as it is and he always seems to have sound advice. And 20 yrs is a lot of experience oh my!

Awesome Kingjoe thanks again for asking your friends to drop by and help me, much appreciated and won’t be forgotten
:thanks::Namaste:
It’s all good man just helping as I am only a c student if you know what I mean ?

My brain is a bit broken still trying to heal past trauma that has resurfaced .

We all good bud.

Like I said pay it forward help others is what we all should be doing . Real !

Let’s get you growing fire .

You don’t have an enzyme cleaner ?

Flying skull z7 in states z9 in Canada ?

However this stuff I got local was way cheaper then both of those and seems to have a stronger agent in it then flying skull bases on bubbles and aroma of enzyme cleaner agent .

No I don’t have an enzyme cleaner, I’ve used live enzyme cleaners at work before, but don’t have any at home..... add it to the list lol
Canada yep... I’ll look up z9 and see what the local shops sell that compare.
Hey I appreciate Any and All help Joe. I don’t know much about growing and am trying not to overwhelm myself with useless or bad information. So finding a few more good journals to follow is great thanks for pointing me to some of them

No I don’t have an enzyme cleaner, I’ve used live enzyme cleaners at work before, but don’t have any at home..... add it to the list lol
Canada yep... I’ll look up z9 and see what the local shops sell that compare.
Hey I appreciate Any and All help Joe. I don’t know much about growing and am trying not to overwhelm myself with useless or bad information. So finding a few more good journals to follow is great thanks for pointing me to some of them
No problem.
Look up lights addict here for coco growing real nice stuff .

Or cultivators how to grow in coco thread is aroud here ...
Those are two greats to start looking at specially for coco ✊

Again any time glad to help and well as teach I ask you to please feel free to challenge anything I say as well so we can both say shit til we say hey that seems right ? And if we both ain’t sold we yell for help lol

Cool thanks
I know nothing about coco, or any of the growing mediums in depth really, still just winging it.
Other than your journal and I’m following travis who’s growing in straight perlite in 2L bottles which I find super interesting, I haven’t read more than that about them yet.
I’ve read a bit into the Brix stuff lately and that is a bit overwhelming, the guys are so detailed and have such knowledge with everything i just get lost after reading a bunch.

Haha I haven’t got any knowledge to challenge with :blunt:
Just here to learn to grow better pot, hope to be an active forum member cause I like it here and hopefully find exactly what grow style works best for me. I have 4 more bags of ffof then I’ll prob experiment some other options.

Hey PDog, I was reading your last post and I have a few more suggestions, if it’s welcomed.

You mentioned FFOF soil and HiBrix. I currently have both running in my current journal.
My current journal chronicles my first run in Doc Buds soil, two plants in FFOF with Osmocote Plus( nutes only last so long in FFOF)
I recommend checking it out because in my journal, which I am nearing harvest, I show how dead simple growing in Fox Farms can be. No ph’ing the water, no nutrients to mix... dead simple. Just water every three days or however often your container needs.

I’m not a master grower but I have made a lot of mistakes. I have tried soil, coco, hydro, indoors, and outdoors. Which brings me to my last point: pick a system and just keep hitting it! I moved around too much and had growers adhd.

Let me know if I can help PDog

Couple pics at first light this morning, dosi day 2, 3 jagged leaves are coming out so looks good so far.
Soil looks pretty damp. Are you keeping that lid on now for a specific reason? Unless your RH is really low I think it's better off in the fresh air!
Question about water, recently I’ve been more lazy last couple weeks or so and have been re using any of the left over water in my bucket for watering is this bad practice?
Nutes should keep at least 24 hours, and pH does rise over time (probably more with an airstone), so keep checking before you use it on day 2.
I have usually been throwing the run off away,
Please do! I don't think it's worth pouring back what you're flushing out to save money on nutrients!

It’s all good man just helping as I am only a c student if you know what I mean ?

My brain is a bit broken still trying to heal past trauma that has resurfaced .

We all good bud.

Like I said pay it forward help others is what we all should be doing . Real !

Let’s get you growing fire .

You don’t have an enzyme cleaner ?

Flying skull z7 in states z9 in Canada ?

However this stuff I got local was way cheaper then both of those and seems to have a stronger agent in it then flying skull bases on bubbles and aroma of enzyme cleaner agent .
Hey PDog, I was reading your last post and I have a few more suggestions, if it’s welcomed.

You mentioned FFOF soil and HiBrix. I currently have both running in my current journal.
My current journal chronicles my first run in Doc Buds soil, two plants in FFOF with Osmocote Plus( nutes only last so long in FFOF)
I recommend checking it out because in my journal, which I am nearing harvest, I show how dead simple growing in Fox Farms can be. No ph’ing the water, no nutrients to mix... dead simple. Just water every three days or however often your container needs.

I’m not a master grower but I have made a lot of mistakes. I have tried soil, coco, hydro, indoors, and outdoors. Which brings me to my last point: pick a system and just keep hitting it! I moved around too much and had growers adhd.

Let me know if I can help PDog

Okay Thanks Archiweedies, I will have a good look through your journal over the next couple days. I like the FF soil exactly for the easy factor, although I’m still ph’ing to 6.3 (my water is 9.0 from the tap) I’m not feeding much of anything in veg cause they are getting up potted often enough (I think), that I’ve only been using a tiny bit of 4-4-4 Gaia Green dry nutes after 4 weeks or so in the same soil. In flower I’m using Gaia power bloom 2-8-4 and calmag if needed.
I did just finish reading up on the osmocote and that’s interesting and very reasonably priced. I’ll have to look through your journal before I got any real questions. :)
I’m leaning to organic or close to as possible I suppose. Your very right though I need to stick with one thing and learn much as possible about it, I do like soil and feels more natural to me.
Thanks for the input :Namaste:

Soil looks pretty damp. Are you keeping that lid on now for a specific reason? Unless your RH is really low I think it's better off in the fresh air!

Nutes should keep at least 24 hours, and pH does rise over time (probably more with an airstone), so keep checking before you use it on day 2.

Please do! I don't think it's worth pouring back what you're flushing out to save money on nutrients!

Yeah soil is wet, maybe to wet... is the lid on for a reason ahhhh hmm while no, not specifically most the cuttings are ten days old about. I pulled the cover off this morning after I read your message. I’ve been more specific with my labeling marking the cut date and 2weeks date later on it, as a reminder not to touch it for 2 weeks and give it the time it needs to root. I’ve only had a couple take so far still, I’m not sure but I’m guessing it’s overwatering.

In the raised lvl where they are the heat is about 85f, tent humidity is 45 till they run empty then drops to 25-30 quick, not often do I forget to fill them but it does happen. Been cutting on a steep 45 angle then into ffhf soil that’s damp dipped in stim root and misted as often as possible for the first 3-4 days after cutting them. Then do my best not to touch to much for 2 weeks lol.
Really do need to get this sorted out though, and get some successful clones. May require a new area for them, rather then top of the veg tent.

Is the fact that the cuttings are in a 18/6 light schedule hurting them any? Is 24/7 better till they root?

Also my inkbirds are being held for shipping cause 1 is backordered, grrrrr.

I only ph the water in the bucket no nutes in the water, and if I need calmag I put the water into a 1 gal flowering container and only give the specific plant(s) that need calmag a feeding.

Yeah the ph rises quickly even with no air stone will go from 6.3 to 7.5 in 24 hrs
Yeah I just toss the water, seems wrong to put the run off back into the plant to me.

:thanks:Shed

Pre 420 sale going on at Buy Cannabis Seeds at #1 Marijuana Seeds Store | True North Seed Bank
My friend and I just split a canuk puk 3.0
With the discount and some points used total was 139 I’ll be keeping the gelato and the double chocolate he gets the other 2 as I already have them, so $69.50 for 6 fem seeds
:cheer:

Built a dedicated clone area today and pretty happy with it, bunch of light leaks to deal with still but coming along, used scrap wood and a light I already owned. Have a heater in it atm curing the paint then clones will be going on tomorrow. Wasn’t able to find clonex locally but got some other stuff that’s a gel, I’ll try out, also couldn’t find pro mix bx locally so ended up with pro mix hp, hopefully that’s okay.

Will be able to control heat better in here and leave the lights on 24/7, waiting on the inkbirds still, haven’t shipped yet :(
And I dropped another Candida into water this am, I gave the shell a real light sand with 400 grit sandpaper, hopefull she’s cracks and sprouts, this is seed #3
:meditate:

The clone game, the clone game .. I ain’t selling my soul for no cloner, no cloner!

Nice build ✊

Back
Top Bottom