Photos, Soil, Mars Hydro Grow

Well this grow is about all but finished. Tomorrow night I trim & dry the Afghan Kush & the Gorilla Glue goes in for her dark time. So it's all over but the harvest. I'll post pics after I trim up the Afghan. Looks like a decent weight by eye. Some nice, huge colas like I've never had before.
Best Grow Yet !!!

Just finished resizing pics so here she is all trimmed up with no place to go. I trimmed her still planted so I could get some good pics. Any guesses on a Final Dry Weight ?
Without further ado, I present to you ............ Miss Afghan Kush !!!
2-Afghan.JPG
4-Afghan.JPG
7-Afghan.JPG
8-Afghan.JPG
11-Afghan.JPG
16-Afghan.JPG

We'll know in a few days. She's drying now. Today the last one goes in the dark time. The smallest of the 3 is the last one to finish ... go figure. The bright side to finishing this grow is it frees up some equipment that's needed to get the shed up & running. 2 weeks & I'll have a grow in there starting up. Se ya there.

I guess I have a little updating to do here. At the end ... but not over yet. Today I did the final trim, got the dry weight & jarred the Afghan Kush. I'll get some pics up; but 1st here's the weights. My biggest yield to date by the way.
Shake / Trim = 18.6 gr.
Popcorn Bud = 42.9 gr.
Regular size Buds = 114.8 gr.
Large Buds = 134.5 gr.
Total = 310.8 gr. -or- 11.1 oz.
I tell you I'm in shock ... but in a good way ... lol. Never, ever expected this.
Here's the pics ......
3-Afghan Nugs.JPG
4-Afghan Nugs.JPG
6-Afghan Nugs.JPG
7-Afghan Nugs.JPG
8-Afghan Nugs.JPG

I also need to do an update on my final plant which is the Gorilla Glue. I have a few pics of her Pre-Trimmed to hang & dry. She's currently chopped & drying as of this morning. Just waiting on her final weight & pics to complete this journal & get busy on the next one.
Here's some pics for you ............
3.JPG
4.JPG
6.JPG
8.JPG

Well it's a happy ending. I actually jarred up the Gorilla Glue a few days ago. Came out to 9.4 oz. dry. Pretty good smell & taste for not being cured yet. Made a great Wake & Bake this morning.
I just want to thank you guys for all your help. Hopefully some of you will join me on my DWC adventure. See ya there !!!

OMG ! I'm so sorry to hear that. I can't imagine losing a parent but I believe that time is coming. My dad's in his 80's & doesn't sound to good when I call him. My deepest condolences.
I was quite surprised at this grow. 2 lbs. from 3 plants. My best yield yet.
I've started 2 other journals now. A DWC journal & today I started "The pH or not to pH Grow Journal".
I'm doing 2 Blueberry. 1 gets pH'd to 6.4 & the other doesn't get pH'd at all. Everyone in the last year seems to claim you don't need to pH your nutes when growing in soil. Exactly the opposite of what I've been taught. So doing 1 plant each way to see if both do fine or if 1 gets a tox or def. Only way to know for sure is test it myself.

Oh boy. I have to PH mine down. My H2O here is very high in PH. 8.5-9.5+ at times. And cannabis just seems to like the 5.7–6.7 Range. I haven’t had time to start a grow this year due to mom being so sick. My son came down for moms funeral and oh boy was that a trip. I have converted his room to be a grow room. I was worried about how I was gonna explain a tent in his room. So I broke it to him gently. I engage in small talk and ask him how things are and one thing leads to another. And he tells me about his anxiety and Insomnia. Now mind you, he didnt know at the time that I was active smoking. So I ask him how he’s managing to function. He looks me square in the eyes, smiles and says “weed”.
I bust out laughing. I ask if he brought a little to share. The look he gave me was priceless. He meekly admitted he brought 3 Js with him. I took him to the store room, and said, you need to step up your game and then showed him my 7 40+ OZ jars of seven different strains I have grown so far.
All he could manage to utter was “Holy Fuck. Holy Fuck”. Then I took him to his old bedroom and showed him my grow operation. I laughed. He laughed. We got high on each other’s supply. It was a very lovely bonding moment between father and son in an otherwise tragic event which was the funeral I had to put together for mom. And yeah. I sent him home with a quarter of the tangerine dream and Eleven Roses. I also got to do some dabs with him. He had never done dabs so I turned him on to some of the eleven roses rosin that I pressed earlier in the year. He loved it.

Yes the 2000 is a great light! I had to start bending these over to finish up the under canopy. They should be good to go in about 2 weeks.

IMG_20210101_180123314.jpg

IMG_20201231_175711363.jpg
Thats absolutely beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom