Pinktiger is going perpetual! This thread for basic info and discussion

Pinktiger777

Five grows into my new hobby, I decided to push things up a notch, and begin vegging plants in one tent, then transferring them to the bloom tent. Right now I have one tent, but in a few days I will be erecting a second tent. The purpose of the second tent is to start seedlings or maybe someday, clones - and then when the blooming tent is over and the harvest is pulled, put the plants from the new veg tent into the bloom tent. Meanwhile, I can put the harvested materials in the new tent for drying. This will prevent me from being accidentally detected from someone smelling the drying weed. Although I've been able to dry the harvest on my screened-in porch, its hard to do that stealthily. I'm lucky I haven't been caught.
And my husband and stepdaughter would kill me, too. They are knowledgeable about my grow, and SD (stepdaughter) helps me with the tents and the plants, because she enjoys it as much as I do (growing). Neither she nor my DH (dear husband) ever touch the harvest. DH says he tried it in the early 1970s and didn't enjoy the feeling, and SD refuses to imbibe, thereby breaking the law. Of course, we are all breaking the law by having the plants, but that is another matter entirely ().
So here is my plan for the new tent, which is in transit along with the new other stuff. I'm glad I have some experience at this - it helped in knowing what to buy:

•24"x24"x36"Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent with Observation Window and Floor Tray for Indoor Plant Growing 2'x2' (24"x24"x36")
•iPower 4 Inch 190 CFM Duct Inline Fan with 4" Carbon Filter 8 Feet Ducting Combo for Grow Tent Ventilation
•6-inch clip on fan for inside tent, to move air around.
•VIPARSPECTRA Timer Control Series VT300 300W LED Grow Light - Dimmable VEG/BLOOM Channels 12-Band Full Spectrum for Indoor Plants
•SavvyGrow Hydroponic Growing System Kit - 2 Large Airstones, Bucket with Air Pump - Complete Hydroponic Setup, 8 sites
•Assorted other stuff - some new airstones, nutrients, hangers, etc.

It is coming Friday. So excited. The new tent is going on top of the counter of my wet bar in the basement. I use this area now for storage and administration of my existing tent, and now will have one tent right in the center of the operation. I think it will not be very noticeable. I should be able to camouflage it. Right?

In any event, it is right next to the exercise equipment. A treadmill and a recumbent bike. So, those in search of those items might be next to the tent and not know. I really believe that. LOL.

What my goal is:
I want to be able to grow enough good cannabis to satisfy my needs for smokeable herb and tinctures and oils. I have a couple of friends who rely on my RSO for health reasons. And I use it myself. I don't find the oils useful for recreational use, but when I'm in pain (I've had two back surgeries in the past year) or having problems sleeping, I use the oil. Usually I put the oil in hot tea or coffee. That's what works for me.

OK, no pictures here yet, but you can look at my previous grows and my present journal by following the links below.

PLEASE comment if you have any suggestions for advice.

Thanks!!!!

Five grows into my new hobby, I decided to push things up a notch, and begin vegging plants in one tent, then transferring them to the bloom tent. Right now I have one tent, but in a few days I will be erecting a second tent. The purpose of the second tent is to start seedlings or maybe someday, clones - and then when the blooming tent is over and the harvest is pulled, put the plants from the new veg tent into the bloom tent. Meanwhile, I can put the harvested materials in the new tent for drying. This will prevent me from being accidentally detected from someone smelling the drying weed. Although I've been able to dry the harvest on my screened-in porch, its hard to do that stealthily. I'm lucky I haven't been caught.
And my husband and stepdaughter would kill me, too. They are knowledgeable about my grow, and SD (stepdaughter) helps me with the tents and the plants, because she enjoys it as much as I do (growing). Neither she nor my DH (dear husband) ever touch the harvest. DH says he tried it in the early 1970s and didn't enjoy the feeling, and SD refuses to imbibe, thereby breaking the law. Of course, we are all breaking the law by having the plants, but that is another matter entirely ().
So here is my plan for the new tent, which is in transit along with the new other stuff. I'm glad I have some experience at this - it helped in knowing what to buy:

•24"x24"x36"Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent with Observation Window and Floor Tray for Indoor Plant Growing 2'x2' (24"x24"x36")
•iPower 4 Inch 190 CFM Duct Inline Fan with 4" Carbon Filter 8 Feet Ducting Combo for Grow Tent Ventilation
•6-inch clip on fan for inside tent, to move air around.
•VIPARSPECTRA Timer Control Series VT300 300W LED Grow Light - Dimmable VEG/BLOOM Channels 12-Band Full Spectrum for Indoor Plants
•SavvyGrow Hydroponic Growing System Kit - 2 Large Airstones, Bucket with Air Pump - Complete Hydroponic Setup, 8 sites
•Assorted other stuff - some new airstones, nutrients, hangers, etc.

It is coming Friday. So excited. The new tent is going on top of the counter of my wet bar in the basement. I use this area now for storage and administration of my existing tent, and now will have one tent right in the center of the operation. I think it will not be very noticeable. I should be able to camouflage it. Right?

In any event, it is right next to the exercise equipment. A treadmill and a recumbent bike. So, those in search of those items might be next to the tent and not know. I really believe that. LOL.

What my goal is:
I want to be able to grow enough good cannabis to satisfy my needs for smokeable herb and tinctures and oils. I have a couple of friends who rely on my RSO for health reasons. And I use it myself. I don't find the oils useful for recreational use, but when I'm in pain (I've had two back surgeries in the past year) or having problems sleeping, I use the oil. Usually I put the oil in hot tea or coffee. That's what works for me.

OK, no pictures here yet, but you can look at my previous grows and my present journal by following the links below.

PLEASE comment if you have any suggestions for advice.

Thanks!!!!
Hi .Welcome! I'm not a hydro person but you're on your way I can tell. Good luck, lots of help here when the time comes.

Back
Top Bottom