PlanetJ's Big Tent - LED & CFL - Multi-Strain - Perpetual Flowering

What I see a problem with is humans are meat eaters And our urine is constantly changing in pH Depending on what we eat and drink. There is a reason when dogs pee on your grass it kills it and when they poo we can't use as compost. They are meat eaters as well.. the smell alone would keep me from peeing on my plants hah sounds funny to say. do you have a picture of the dead peed on plant? Curious what deficiency she had.

I&I

Human urine can be used as a high N fertilizer depending on diet, health etc. B.Real has had some good results fixing nitrogen deficiencies with urinem. I have also seen many others who do not lol

Looking good buddy but you need more light!!

Nah, I need LOS and more aeration first :) Check Sweetsue's First Grow - Stealthy Trio of Autos Under CFLs for what I mean :)

Todays update ... I am strongly leaning towards flowering less plants, but FLUX-ing them all. With this statement in mind ... spot the non-FLUX top .. and then keep in mind that the FLUX is mostly under CFL's .. not right under the full spectrum LED ... which my light meter assures me, puts out more light.

IMG_20150224_092752.jpg
IMG_20150224_092854.jpg
IMG_20150224_092732.jpg
IMG_20150224_092812.jpg
IMG_20150224_092912.jpg

Overview
IMG_20150224_092622.jpg

So yeah, even the secondary buds on the absolute failure of a FLUX, look better then the main buds from the SCROG .. amazing!

I can't even tell how many lights you have...but by looking at your girls I'd say you got it right! :) I was gonna say maybe camera light is a problem but I looked again and your pictures look great to me! I have a light meter now too..... I think it was a damn good investment.
:goodjob:
:Namaste:

Hehe... I guess its all on what you are trying to accomplish come harvest time! For me its quality, arm sized colas! What i meant by more light is you would be getting 30+ ounces out of a 4x4 tent instead of 6 or so =). Personally, I see no reason to use the same amount of power with CFL's that I can use with my HPS to get 5 times the weight on final harvest. The numbers just dont add up. My first CFL grow taught me that. I believe my power usage was actually MORE with cfl's considering i had 20+ in the tent haha...

Thats a nice looking grow that you posted! Looks like some great smoke. Your grow is looking very good as well. I love the full tent. Keep it up!!!!
:goodjob:

P.S. Dont think im knocking CFL's! They have there place in growing these beautiful plants! Respect to all growers =)

I'm glad with the feedback! Its just that I neef tot get the badics right first, then upgrade. And I am strongly thinking about building a LED from scratch, if I can source the diodes for cheap.

nice work friend J, seems like you will get a monstrous harvest for sure!
i love your garden :bravo:!

Thanks m8, I'm stoked myself as well .. previous 4 plants in 20l bags did not look half as nice at this point :) So yeah, I'm really exited!!

still you may have some problems of overcrowding in the late flowering stage? do you think all the buds will get the proper ventilation?
you've got a hell of a job there trimming LOL

cheers buddy!

I will definitely have issues with ventilation. I'm probably going to put an oscillating fan under their removed skirts to alleviate that issue. I'm also defoliating the bigger leaves, where the node they are on has reached a certain size and can drive it's own photosynthesis for the bud. This is pure guesswork .. or listening to the plants, or whatever you want to coat it. So far it seems to work well, and perhaps I will be able to call it experience next round ;)

Next grow will probable be less plants, bigger containers. Leaning towards 15l buckets. If I can manage, I will be in living organic soil for the next grow of that tent as well .. that is, if I can source the ingredients while keeping the new clones in too small containers. so I can transplant to LOS :p

On my first coffee and smoke .. I guess I'm rambling :p Thanks for your interest and insightful comments :)

heya pj,, cheers pal,, taking a browse through and noticed the urine chat,, great chat subject, i know,, but look past that maybe, at the logic, and the sense of it,, anyone that mocks the idea is simply ignorant, and by that i mean uneducated on the subject. i am absolutely convinced that it is the way of the future with human urine. has to be,, too ridiculous to keep crapping on the earths best fertilizer. not tomorrow, i agree, but it will happen.

i happen to also use a slightly higher diluted urine mix for spraying/misting,, not my flowering plants because i can't move them around for watering and don't want to spray the lights, which are very close. but i use it, every day, on my veging plants, and i use a lot of it, dripping wet, ya, it's messy, and has a bit of an odour, but not anything at all bad,, my wife never ever notices any smell,, anyhow,, looking great pj,, cheers

heya pj,, cheers pal,, taking a browse through and noticed the urine chat,, great chat subject, i know,, but look past that maybe, at the logic, and the sense of it,, anyone that mocks the idea is simply ignorant, and by that i mean uneducated on the subject. i am absolutely convinced that it is the way of the future with human urine. has to be,, too ridiculous to keep crapping on the earths best fertilizer. not tomorrow, i agree, but it will happen.

i happen to also use a slightly higher diluted urine mix for spraying/misting,, not my flowering plants because i can't move them around for watering and don't want to spray the lights, which are very close. but i use it, every day, on my veging plants, and i use a lot of it, dripping wet, ya, it's messy, and has a bit of an odour, but not anything at all bad,, my wife never ever notices any smell,, anyhow,, looking great pj,, cheers

I will not be spraying them with urine at any point, even if convinced about it's efficacy. I see no need for this given compost tea. Compost heaps being a good place to pee on, it gets there anyway; but without the smell of urine ;)

The main reason for this is that I do not want to have my attic smelling like a gas station's toilet. The alternative of cleaning and rinsing every square inch often, does not really attract me either. Once between grows, from veg to flower, and that's it for me. I am lazy like that :p

PlanetJ,
How can you grow that tight man? Look like azalea bushes! :) :bravo:

I have been wondering myself this same thing lately ... it is quite easy to get it this crowded tho .. I just hope that I will not be having mould issues. My main strategy for preventing issues will be defoil of the larger fan leafs under and on the net. This is where the main issue is, as shown in the pictures.

I will probably add a fan too, and have it blow up their skirts, to force some air through there and keep it from getting too damp between the leafs.

Next round will probably be with just 5 plants instead of 7 in this tent, and 3 in the small tent. Still trying to figure how many plants will fit in there without wasting space or overcrowding the place. The plants will adapt to the possibilities tho .. look at my small tent journal, those plants look flimsy .. buds not as developed, did not grow out as much, etc. etc. 6 plants in a 2x2 .. way too much .. but good if you want to make butter with popcorns :p

I am still amazed at the difference between FLUX (right side of the tent, in the blue bucket, under CFL's) ... it might be that she is just a tad faster with blooming, but if not, then hell ... FLUX it will be from now on. More work, but just look at those bud sites ...

Also, if you look careful on the pictures, you see dead leafs and dying ones .. these die because they do not get enough light or ventilation .. the plant just lets go of them. If I help her a little with giving enough ventilation, she seems ok with being so crowded. What it will mean for bud development of anything below the main cola, remains to be seen ... I presume it will not be good :p

PlanetJ,
Mold would be my concern too. I'm surprised you don't already have a fan going. I'm with you on the urine thing too... not even something I'd consider....mostly for the same reason you list. I think I've posted before that I'm about as large gardener/small farmer as you can get and also have lived in countries that use human waste as fertilizer... so I understand it. That doesn't make it any less "icky" for lack of a better word! lol Here's the thing I'm wondering though..... wouldn't one of those carbon filters some people use for the smell of the plants themselves also work on the urine smell if a grower wanted to go that way?
Curious to see if it's just huge colas or you get anything below.

PlanetJ,
Mold would be my concern too. I'm surprised you don't already have a fan going.
Of course I have a fan going, but it's above the canopy. What I'm talking about now is an extra fan for below the canopy ;)

I'm with you on the urine thing too... not even something I'd consider....mostly for the same reason you list. I think I've posted before that I'm about as large gardener/small farmer as you can get and also have lived in countries that use human waste as fertilizer... so I understand it. That doesn't make it any less "icky" for lack of a better word! lol Here's the thing I'm wondering though..... wouldn't one of those carbon filters some people use for the smell of the plants themselves also work on the urine smell if a grower wanted to go that way?
The carbon filter would make sure the smell coming from the tents would not reek of urine, but my vegging girls are not sitting in a tent or anything .. and they will need foliar sprays too .. also, I can not really tell people with a straight face that I pissed on the buds and am now selling them the end result .. sure I wash them, but I am already very reluctant with foliar sprays not containing my urine, because of the residue it will leave on and in the buds. I do not want to add to that concern if I really really washed of all urine.

I will use it in the compost bin liberally .. but not in my foliar spray. I will also carry out the experiment with the urine VS Bio Nova. I will then carry out an experiment with LOS and compost tea & water VS urine mixture and water VS regular soil + perlite + Bio Nova. Gives me something to do :p

Curious to see if it's just huge colas or you get anything below.

I plucked off most stuff below the net, so dont expect too much there .. above the net I see plenty of bud sites coming along just fine :) I need to get some defoil done just about now .. I'll try to snap a few decent pics :)

Check out PlanetJ's Crazy Crammed Corner for my 'The Doctor' seedlings, above ground for the 3rd day now .. they are going to rock, I can tell :)

Little overview of the ladies .. and a close-up of the problem sites .. these I will defoliate more, and keep a close eye on. Other then that, they are looking great I'd say.

IMG_20150226_165202.jpg

IMG_20150226_165210.jpg

IMG_20150226_165313.jpg

IMG_20150226_165324.jpg

monster plant, wow, super good job getting it to here,, how far back do i need to read to find out what happened to that one area? looks like a mini disaster came through there. was that a spill of some kind?? sure going to be a job trimming that all up soon enough,, good stuff, likin it,, cheers pj

Back
Top Bottom