Feral's First Indoor Cupboard LED Grow - 2015 - Exodus Cheese & THC Bomb From Seed

Re: Feral's First Indoor Cupboard LED Grow - 2015 - Exodus Cheese & THC Bomb from See

Thanks Sorenna, the Bomb is supposed to be a 50/50 indica/sativa ratio but i think your right with this one being more sativa dominant, i have been thinking that since the first leaves hehe

Well, when you harvest her and dry and cure her and do a smoke report, you can tell us if she is as she looks. :blushsmile:

Re: Feral's First Indoor Cupboard LED Grow - 2015 - Exodus Cheese & THC Bomb from See

Well, when you harvest her and dry and cure her and do a smoke report, you can tell us if she is as she looks. :blushsmile:

Oh how i wish that day would hurry up and get here already lol :yummy:

lol I hear ya!

So its been less than 6 hours since the bending of THC Bomb, just thought id update a little. She has almost straightened back up lol so i bent her a little more on a different angle giving her a slight twist which is all the stress i will cause her today but may need to think about tying her down in the next few days, will monitor her and see how the bend turns out.

frlthc31.png

frlthc32.png

As you can see from the photo's she is healthy and pretty damn strong to come back that quick, i would have thought at least a day at her stage lol

Wow, you are inspiring! Great job on your first indoor grow. Your previous plant knowledge looks like it is helping you!

Wow, you are inspiring! Great job on your first indoor grow. Your previous plant knowledge looks like it is helping you!

Thanks a lot mate :Namaste:

All the outdoor stuff i have done over the years has helped a lot but i still cant help but feel like a fish out of water lol I have probably learnt more since being a member here than all my previous outdoor grow experiences hehe.

Welcome to the journal ;)

Todays updates :cheer:
Decided to go out this morning and grab a few things to try help holding down lil THC Bomb lol
Also got a little seed propagation system for cheap and thinking about germinating a few auto's to throw in the tent. If i decide to do it i will wait till tomorrow and go to the hydro shop in the morning and grab a decent growing medium, they will be on the same light schedule as the photo girls so they may only get a few weeks of 18/6 and will live most of their lives under 12/12, anyone got thoughts and opinions of autos under 12/12? will not be doing it for yield but more filling gaps and more variety at the end lol

Exodus Cheese (Day 36 Morning)
So this morning she was just about back to herself again, retucked all leaves and gave her a quarter turn followed by a mist spray. I did notice something strange and reminded me a bit of Sir Budlovski's little one, one of the lower branch tops is splitting into 3 instead of 2 hehe, took a photo to explain what i mean.

frlexo56.png

frlexo57.png

THC Bomb (Day 22 Morning)
She was pretty much looking exactly the same as before i re bent her yesterday, pretty much straight stem with a minor curve. I didnt think to grab a pic of her before i re bent her again, this time using a pipe cleaner to hold her down. I will move the pipe cleaner up past the current node a little later today which will allow the top to start growing upwards again but leaving the lower nodes exposed to light. Gave her the usual quarter turn and a mist spray.

frlthc33.png

Have a great day guys, i will update when i move the pipe cleaner or see anything else worth reporting :Namaste:

Things are looking good. :blushsmile:

If your Bomb is anything like my Bomb, then it will be standing up for the light again in no time. haha

Things are looking good. :blushsmile:

If your Bomb is anything like my Bomb, then it will be standing up for the light again in no time. haha

I give her about 6 hours and she will be looking up again hahaha, finally at the stage where i start to do more to the girls, its great hehe

Updates, updates, updates! lol

I decided to go for it and germinate a couple of auto seeds, found an old aqua garden setup in the shed with a few parts missing where the plants sit into the system but everything else is there, ive decided to remove the reservoir completely and just use the lighting system and my cheap seedling tray. Its running 2x 26w CFL's which are simply marked as "Grow Bulb 26w" and has an adjustible hood so by rights they could stay under here for a while before moving to the tent, all depends on how big the seedling tray will allow the roots to get as when they are ready to transplant they will be under LED in the tent.

frlgerm01.png

frlgerm02.png

The seeds i will be germinating today are:
1x Sweet Seeds Bloody Skunk Auto
1x Barneys Grape Muerte Auto

Sweet Seeds Bloody Skunk Auto
This is my last bloody skunk seed and previous experience with it have not been too good, probably due to my idiocy when it comes to autos lol, one was going well until a nice big gust of wind came and snapped her main stem which she never recovered from and yeilded 1 golfball size hard as a rock bud that tasted like absolute crap lmao the other i had in didnt grow too well and looking back now it was probably the crap slow release ferts in the soil i was using, not to mention the "universal" nutes i was using hahaha. I know better now so this one should be a bit nicer.

frlbs01.png

Strain Info:
100% autoflowering strain. This strain is the result of a cross between our SWS34 (Sweet Skunk Auto) and a selected genetic line of SWS39 (Red Poison Auto) that contributes the purple flowered feature. The result is a marvelous and aromatic purple flowered strain with a deep Skunk aroma, extremely pleasant and sweet.

The structure of the plant is very similar to the classic Skunk strains, with the shape of a fir and lots of side branches. Large flowers covered with aromatic resin and a huge main cola on top. The flower clusters are very dense and in the course of flowering they get completely covered by resin.

100% Autoflowering
Orientation: ♀
Indoor Yield: 350-550 g/m2
Indoor/Outdoor Harvest: 8 weeks from germination
Height: 60-110 cm
Purple Flower: approx. 85% of the specimens

Barneys Grape Muerte Auto
I purchased these seeds just before last years outdoor season but never ended up getting one in the ground, this will be my first grow with her. I originally bought them because i wanted to try something completely different, i think it was at the same time i got the bloody skunk seeds.

frlgm01.png

Strain Info:
An original blend of Granddaddy Grape, Skunk#1 and Ruderalis make this an energetic yet reliable auto-flowering 60 day miracle. The Grape Muerto is a short plant, fully indica and the producer of some tight, powerfully musky buds. A new strain, easy to grow and great for beginners. Produces a massive central cola with few side branches. Buds have a citrus flavour with dried apricot after-taste. Indica couch lock effect.

Harvest Time: Auto Flowering
Genetics: Grapefruit/Skunk X Auto
Orientation: ♀
CBD: High
THC: 10 - 13%
Flower Time: 58-63 days
Type: Auto flowering Indica
Yield Outdoor: 70/90 gr per plant
Height: 50cm

Germination method:
I always use the same method when germinating seeds, i plant them in soil/medium and let them grow naturally. There are so many techniques out there that are great and all but this has always worked for me and i have a 99% success rate when using quality seeds.

Time to germinate, im testing using rhizotonic from seed to see if i can boost the root system early, i used 4ml to 1 litre of water. Because i decided against the potting mix i have here and will be buying some canna terra pro next visit to the hydro shop, for now i am using the jiffy pellets again, i let them soak in the solution of rhizo + water till they can not take in any more, give them a light squeeze and carefully cut away the cloth surrounding them. I then fill both sections of the seedling tray and press it down gently, used a toothpick to make a hole in the middle of my medium and drop the seeds in each, i then use the same toothpick to get good coverage over the seed and then press down gently flattening out the medium. I now use my rhizo + water solution from earlier to water them and let them drain until i can see the water level under the empty sections of the tray, put the lid on and then straight under the lights which is now setup in my old cupboard space. The PC extraction fan has been put back into the cupboard now but shouldnt really make a difference while they are in the seedling tray. anyways enough babbling lol

frlgerm03.png

frlgerm04.png

Exodus Cheese (Day 36, 6 hours into the day)
Thought, while i was in the tent, why not do a bit more tucking, I tucked the half-leaves from the failed FIM Doh! lol but she has opened up more light to the lower growth now. not much else to report about her at this stage.

frlexo58.png

THC Bomb (Day 22, 6 hours into the day)
Decided rather than moving the pipe cleaner i would add another and try to change her growth direction yet again, nothing else done at this point but will report more later.

frlthc34.png

THC Bomb (Day 22, 10 hours into the day)
Sure enough she is doing exactly what i want her to do and she is looking marvelous lol, already starting to reach for the light, now its a matter of letting her grow a bit more before i bend her again ;)

frlthc35.png

Oh my that was a lot of typing, sorry to bore anyone, Hope you are all having a great day with your girls like me :Namaste:

you wont hear any complaints from me about long posts I am the king of long posts and frequent updates:rofl: lol

:allgood:

LOL it took me longer to write it all up than it did to find the setup and get it all together lmao

if you don't mind me asking were did you get your seeds I have a ton of access to medical marijuana clinics so I can get clones for 10 to 15 dollars a piece plus seeds take longer to grow but there are a few strains I cant find so seeds would be a option and there is the whole auto flower thing you cant get auto flowers as clones

if you don't mind me asking were did you get your seeds I have a ton of access to medical marijuana clinics so I can get clones for 10 to 15 dollars a piece plus seeds take longer to grow but there are a few strains I cant find so seeds would be a option and there is the whole auto flower thing you cant get auto flowers as clones

I have tried a few seedbanks over the years, the ones i have used are:
Demon seeds: not bad postage time, around 1-2 weeks delivery, they use stealth shipping so usually some sort of freebie, i got a shirt the first time and a hat the next time. the only reason i stopped using them was they lost the ability to take CC transactions which made it a pain for me. The seeds are contained in either vials or ziplock bags and hidden within the article of clothing.

Seedsman seeds: i think this is where i got my current auto seeds, was very fast delivery, about a week if i recall. They give you the option of choosing your own stealth shipping option, i chose a hollowed out book which is where i store all my seeds now, perfect hiding place and nobody looks through my bookshelf lol. As far as i can remember with these guys you had the option of having them shipped in the original manufacturers packaging or in ziplocks.

Bonza seeds: I thought i would give these guys a go as they are sponsors of 420mag and received my package within 5 days, free iphone cover as stealth shipping and i didnt even use their insured postage option, cost me around $8au delivered. This is my new fav seedbank and will be getting most of mine from here now on. The seeds will come in their own customized sealed pod, quite a nifty little device.

your best bet would be to check out some of the 420mag sponsors Sponsors : 420 MAGAZINE ®

they all offer different types of freebies incl free seeds etc that way you can work out what will work best for you, Herbies and Midweeksong look like they have some good deals atm ;)

Good luck with your new babies. :blushsmile:

Thongs are coming along nicely since I last popped around mate
Looks real good,and its good to see your thc bomb has come a long way also.
Congrats and good luck with your new seeds aswell, they should start well under that aero garden hood I used to have one and they love em throughout veging till getting hairs.
Good work mate :thumb:

Yesterday was a pretty full on day and i didnt get around to updating, had to go to the hydro shop and get everything back and setup lol
So onto the shopping hehe, I got the rest of my nutes which are 250ml canna Cannazym, 250ml Biocanna Bio Boost, 250ml Biocanna Bio Flores, some canna terra pro soil, proper ratchet hangers and a clip on fan. While i was out i also went to the hardware and bought a few things, a doorlock for that room as i dont want people just walking in there, a 1m length of aluminium for mounting of 2 LED panels (when i buy another LED you will see what i mean), had to buy a couple of power boards as the ones i was using were a bit old and needed them back in the rooms i stole them from initially haha, some proper cloth duct tape (much stronger than the $1 crap i used initially on the duct/fan) and also a rubber strap for the exhaust fan.

frlstuff1.png

frlstuff2.png

By the time i got home it was almost lights on for the girls and i begin work in the tent. First thing i do is sort out the exhaust fan and duct, i removed the black straps holding the fan up, reattatched the fan and duct using the new strong tape, i then use my rubber strap to make a loop around the fan up to the support beam so that only rubber is touching the fan and tent, i then put 1 black strap on tightly around the fan but leave a bit of play, this strap is not here to support the fan in any way it is more there for my peice of mind, if the fan vibrates too much and falls out of the rubber strap this will stop the fall. After switching it back on i notice right away that it has indeed quietened down the vibration noise by at least 50% :cheer:
Now i setup my ratchet straps while the chain is still in place, once im happy with how the ratchets are set and are taking the full weight of the LED, i remove the heavy bulky chains. These ratchets are awesome, so much better than my chains lol, so much easier to level or tilt the LED now.
I think the door lock took me the longest to do lol, was a little different to the setup i currently had in the door so i put my carpentry skills to use and chiseled out all the notches for the new plates to fit in, after about an hour i finally had it done lmao. Door opens and closes better than it ever has and even locks now haha.

frlfan03.png

So yesterday with the girls i didnt do much at all, gave them a quarter turn in the morning before i started my work, retucked the cheese and checked the moisture in the soil on both. I have noticed with the good airflow and a bit better temps in the tent now the girls are using a lot more of the water/nutes so i will give them a feed after a few hours.
I mixed up my nutes the night before so it does not contain any cannzym but will be added in future feeds, the mixture was as follows:
2L rain water
2ml CALiMAGic
4ml Rhizotonic
4.4ml Bio Vega

this will be halved and both girls will receive equal amounts.

Exodus Cheese (Day 37, 6 hours into the day)
Basically not much done apart from feeding her, to do this i basically had to lift all the lower growth to get good coverage in the pot. Might be attempting another FIM tomorrow depending on how she looks in the morning.

frlexo59.png

THC Bomb (Day 23, 6 hours into the day)
She is still growing nicely and all i have done is re-affix the pipe cleaners a little and make them more stable and gave her main top a little bend down. Gave her a feed, she is looking much healthier now and needs a boost hehe.

frlthc36.png

After everything yesterday i was knackered and ended up in bed early lol
The girls are due to wake up in around an hour so will update then, see you soon :Namaste:

Time for todays updates :cheesygrinsmiley:
The girls are looking absolutely stunning if i do say so myself lol

Exodus Cheese (Day 38 Morning)
She looks in great shape for a FIM when i open the tent this morning, after a lot of tucking i went for it haha, i cut her down a little bit furthur than last time, can see something in the middle this time so i think i hit the sweet spot. She got a turn, not sure if its a quarter turn as she was turned around many times while tucking lol The first pic is what she looked like before any work.

frlexo60.png

And After..

frlexo61.png

frlexo62.png

THC Bomb (Day 24 Morning)
She is looking great today, couldnt give her a quarter turn with her new growth direction so turned half way today. No bending today, its a grow day, when she gets a little bit more height i will continue to bend her around. I have removed her lower leaves now as they are not needed and didnt like the ugly rust spots lol it didnt get any worse and has not spread throughout the rest of the plant, she has thrived in that time if anything.

frlthc37.png

frlthc38.png

Have a great day :Namaste:
frlthc39.png

It's all starting to look great mate:) when your auto's sprout remember there root grows flat out and if it hits the bottom of your of your pot it will stunt the growth so I wouldn't recommend keeping them in small pots for more than a week after germinating.I see you got the canna pro mix:) It's a great medium but I had to give it a semi flush before putting the auto's in as it's pretty hot and my auto's seemed to like a milder version and make sure to water to 10-20% runnoff as it seems to absorb the nutrients and make them really hard to wash out if by any reason you start to get lockout.

This grow just got more exciting:cheer:

Back
Top Bottom