Feral's First Indoor Cupboard LED Grow - 2015 - Exodus Cheese & THC Bomb From Seed

Re: Feral's First Indoor Cupboard LED Grow - 2015 - Exodus Cheese & THC Bomb from See

Good evening Ladies and Gents, been a couple of days since the last update and pretty much since i have seen them last besides the quick quarter turns in the morning. The room has been off limits to all the past few days as have had friends here i dont want knowing whats locked behind that door lol

Exodus Cheese (Day 33, 6 hours into the day)
So this is the first time i have had a chance to check her out and take a few photos in a few days, gave her the usual quarter turn in the morning and my my she is going well, dont think my FIM worked but it has promoted so much new growth im not worried at all and the THC Bomb is quickly catching heightwise.

frlexo46.png

frlexo47.png

this next pic is my fav from the grow so far hehe
frlexo48.png

frlexo49.png

THC Bomb (Day 19, 6 hours into the day)
Yep you guessed it, still growing weird as hell lol. She had a quarter turn this morning, noticing some rust spots on her first leaves but have not had a chance to look into the cause as of yet, got some time to check it out over the next few hours. Her leaves are getting even bigger lmao but she is getting greener slowly, maybe the rate of nutes i started her on was a bit strong? but im still putting it down to whatever nutes were in the soil when i initially transplanted her as she has not been right since day 1 which was before i even started feeding her. So many things it could be haha, if i lose her i am not too worried and sure the cheese will just about fill the tent by itself with a little longer vegetation period.

frlthc24.png

frlthc25.png

Have a Good Grow Day :Namaste:

Re: Feral's First Indoor Cupboard LED Grow - 2015 - Exodus Cheese & THC Bomb from See

Hello Subbed, question have you tried foliar feeding to help combat what ever might be troubling your lady? Also I was looking around and didnt spot but I might of missed weather you PH your water or have had it calibrated lately. Somewhere you mentioned the training you were using have you considered LST, like tying the top to one side of your pot for a day or 2 and then switching it up. Im sure you could incorporate this and promote lower growth in the daily routine of rotating them. Also there is a fungus called rust fungus which might cause some of your problems. Could I ask what temperature your tent is with that led? Lights on and off?

Hello Subbed, question have you tried foliar feeding to help combat what ever might be troubling your lady? Also I was looking around and didnt spot but I might of missed weather you PH your water or have had it calibrated lately. Somewhere you mentioned the training you were using have you considered LST, like tying the top to one side of your pot for a day or 2 and then switching it up. Im sure you could incorporate this and promote lower growth in the daily routine of rotating them. Also there is a fungus called rust fungus which might cause some of your problems. Could I ask what temperature your tent is with that led? Lights on and off?

Welcome :Namaste:

I have not been foliar feeding the girls at all at this point, still having issues with my temps inside the tent as i dont have a heating system as of yet, currently only have a mini heater setup in the room where my tent is which is keeping that room at anywhere between 20-24c and is the same inside the tent (roughly 20c when lights out and 22-24c when lights on). Im considering LST in the future but the original plan with the THC Bomb was to scrog which would mean stripping the lower growth at a later stage anyways so if i can get her growing well from here i will be happy. With the spots on the lower leaves im considering pulling her out of the tent, give her a good flush to try get rid of any nutes in the soil and sticking her in the cupboard with the CFL's for a few days. Right now im not checking any PH in my water as i have no way to test it till i get some money again but from what i was reading biocanna adjusts the PH of the solution as long as its all mixed in the right order, I will be buying a PH tester in the next week or so. Im hoping its just a case of she needs to grow a bit more before being put back under the LED.

I would start with the ph adjustment over anything else. Not all water is created equally so I think it would be somewhat hard to adjust all water to the correct ph balance. I'm sure that will make a world of difference as they need a correct ph window to absorb the required nutrients. You could try spraying down the lady that is suffering from discoloration with plain water, at the beginning and close to the end of your daily lights when their pores are open on the leaves. This should help leach any excess nutrients that may be causing discoloration.

I would start with the ph adjustment over anything else. Not all water is created equally so I think it would be somewhat hard to adjust all water to the correct ph balance. I'm sure that will make a world of difference as they need a correct ph window to absorb the required nutrients. You could try spraying down the lady that is suffering from discoloration with plain water, at the beginning and close to the end of your daily lights when their pores are open on the leaves. This should help leach any excess nutrients that may be causing discoloration.

I have moved my PH test kit to the top of my list to buy hehe, will still be a few days before i can afford it so should i try using tap water? have not tested it but should be around 7, will only be until i get a PH pen or a kit. I was thinking about giving her a small drink of water in her soil with no nutes, just to cover it till i can test my water and runoff properly. I do have a cheap soil PH meter but its as useless as tits on a bull lol it reads as 6.5 in the soil and i wont trust it.

Been waiting for the girls to wake up today to inspect them a bit closer. After bringing them into a more natural light they dont look bad at all, the LED really messes with your color perception inside the tent haha. There still seems to be the minor issue of the rust spots on the lower leaves of the THC Bomb but it has not gotten any worse and has not spread through the rest of the plant, if anything the Cheese is a little nitrogen abundant which is also making the Bomb look way lighter but its not an issue at all. Ive decided to use the same water as usual today and give them 500ml each, followed by a foliar mist using the same water, no additives today and will add some in a few days if all is looking well ;)

Exodus Cheese (Day 34 Morning)
Pulled her out of the tent, gave her 500ml of water, removed the lowest 2 sets of leaves and took a photo. Put her back in the tent, took a photo and then gave her a nice foliar mist. The lowest leaves were not getting any light anymore due to the new growth and upper fan leaves, the first single blade leaves were starting to curl and die but the next set i removed were very healthy but not needed anymore.

frlexo50.png

frlexo51.png

THC Bomb (Day 20 Morning)
Pulled her out of the tent, gave her 500ml of water and took a photo. Put her back in the tent, took a photo and then gave her a nice foliar mist. She is still a weird one but under a more natural light she is looking healthy, the new growth at the top is looking better and seems to be forming quicker, I am thinking about topping or trying FIM again once the next leaves grow out a little to promote lower growth at the nodes and stunt her height a little, a few days away from that at this point.

frlthc26.png

frlthc27.png

Have a great day guys :Namaste:

They look nice. Can you tell if your FIM took or not?

They look nice. Can you tell if your FIM took or not?

Thanks Sorenna :party:

I cant tell if it took or not yet, it doesnt look like it to me but it has slowed upward growth and promoted all the under branches etc, the new nodes forming ar much tighter than previously also. Over all if it doesnt work it has still acheived what i wanted to to and slow her enough to let the Bomb catch up, if it doesnt take i should know around the same time i attempt to FIM the THC Bomb and might give her a top. With nodes as tight as hers i want to start stretching her out sideways and fill her space hehe

Nice. *fingers crossed*

Looking nice man,maybe the bomb is still getting used to what's in you soil? A ph pen and ppm reader I recon is the most important part of your setup.If I wasn't to lazy and used it I wouldn't be in a nute lock situation but am using them now to get me out of it:)

Looking nice man,maybe the bomb is still getting used to what's in you soil? A ph pen and ppm reader I recon is the most important part of your setup.If I wasn't to lazy and used it I wouldn't be in a nute lock situation but am using them now to get me out of it:)

Thanks mate, im thinking whats in the soil is a major factor for her growth since germination, defo will be getting something to monitor my ph in a couple of days as i dont think its an issue right now but may have problems in the future if i dont keep an eye on things.

Hi again,

Glad to hear things have improved if only in appearance. To me it looks like your cheese is ready to take off with those large fan leaves. I have something similar in size and appearance and I Fim'd as well. I would say though you should try to tuck those 4 upper fan leaves around your developing tops so they are exposed to light. This will not hurt your lady and will most likely re take the same form again. The point of fim'ing is to redirect the hormones away from a single dominate top, but tops need light and will continue to stretch until they get it, or die off. If you almost supercrop those 4 huge fan leaves, I bet those big tops that are hiding will blow up thus increasing your yield, since they will be stronger and able to carry more nutrients to the buds. Just something to think about. :thumb:

Hi again,

Glad to hear things have improved if only in appearance. To me it looks like your cheese is ready to take off with those large fan leaves. I have something similar in size and appearance and I Fim'd as well. I would say though you should try to tuck those 4 upper fan leaves around your developing tops so they are exposed to light. This will not hurt your lady and will most likely re take the same form again. The point of fim'ing is to redirect the hormones away from a single dominate top, but tops need light and will continue to stretch until they get it, or die off. If you almost supercrop those 4 huge fan leaves, I bet those big tops that are hiding will blow up thus increasing your yield, since they will be stronger and able to carry more nutrients to the buds. Just something to think about. :thumb:

Its funny you should mention tucking those fan leaves, i have been doing it on multiple occasions but have not grabbed a picture of it yet, by the next morning the plant looks the same as if i have done nothing lol hence the reason of the minorly twisted fan leaves on the lower growth showing through. I will actually retuck the leaves now and take a pic to show how i have been doing it ;)

frlexo52.png

frlexo53.png

I think this is the reason the stems on the fan leaves are so thick, imo can only be a good thing. Ive done this on about 4 occasions through the last couple of weeks and have been bending leaves since germination to promote new growth, funny thing is by the morning she looks exactly the same as any other pic i take hehe

Its funny you should mention tucking those fan leaves, i have been doing it on multiple occasions but have not grabbed a picture of it yet, by the next morning the plant looks the same as if i have done nothing lol hence the reason of the minorly twisted fan leaves on the lower growth showing through. I will actually retuck the leaves now and take a pic to show how i have been doing it ;)

frlexo52.png

frlexo53.png

I think this is the reason the stems on the fan leaves are so thick, imo can only be a good thing. Ive done this on about 4 occasions through the last couple of weeks and have been bending leaves since germination to promote new growth, funny thing is by the morning she looks exactly the same as any other pic i take hehe

tuck and roll!!! :rollit: your plants are looking good :welldone:

tuck and roll!!! :rollit: your plants are looking good :welldone:

Thanks mate, i think i just need a couple of gnomes now like you have hehe, i used to have zombie gnomes in my outside garden lol

Nice to see you are already using that technique. I recently became tired of tucking them so I just removed them. Plant couldn't be happier, at least that's what I tell her to say if anyone asks. How long do you plan on vegging? And do you plan on taking clones prior to flowering?

:high-five: I plan on keeping as many fan leaves as possible, only going to remove them when they become a nuisance or not getting any light anymore. I was hoping to flip to flower in a few weeks but all depends on the growth between now and then, was also planning on taking some clones for next outdoor grow which starts in around 3 months. The way its looking i will probably end up planting some more seeds for the outdoor grow and grabbing some clones after re-veg.

Today's updates, not a lot happening so lets make this happen hehe

Exodus Cheese (Day 35 Morning)
She was not quite back to her usual untucked self this morning for photos but was only tucked half way through the day yesterday and didnt expect her to be, usually takes her a full day for the leaves to completely untuck. She was re-tucked again and given a quarter turn followed by a fine mist of water. tuck tuck tuck lmao.

frlexo54.png

frlexo55.png

THC Bomb (Day 21 Morning)
Quarter turn, still not growing the way i want her to and have decided i want to attempt a different method for each plant, already FIMMED cheese so time to get her bend on lol gave her a nice almost 90 degree bend on her stem (Didnt go to the extent of hearing a snap, softened the stem a little first and then bent, did not harm the external of the stem in any way). I have not tied her down at all yet, going to see how she takes to it first ;) Also a fine mist spray of water.

frlthc28.png

frlthc29.png

Have a great day guys :Namaste:
frlthc30.png

Your plants are looking good. The Cheese is a prolific grower of leaves. lol Your Bomb is coming right along. I think it has a bit of a sativa look to it. Isnt it indica dominant?

Fine job on both. :blushsmile:

Your plants are looking good. The Cheese is a prolific grower of leaves. lol Your Bomb is coming right along. I think it has a bit of a sativa look to it. Isnt it indica dominant?

Fine job on both. :blushsmile:

Thanks Sorenna, the Bomb is supposed to be a 50/50 indica/sativa ratio but i think your right with this one being more sativa dominant, i have been thinking that since the first leaves hehe

Back
Top Bottom