Exodus Cheese, Dream Factory, Vanilla Creme Pie, Chem 91 Sk Va: 2nd Photo Journal

Whoa!!! Those look FAT man! Must smell like a dream in there. Btw - have I complimented you on your patience lately? Way to not rush them! You are real close though. Excellent work, been fun to watch.
Thanks I am not patient at all and its actually been driving me nuts. I watered for the last time yesterday now I'm just gonna let them dry out and see how they look on Friday. Debating whether I wanna chop Sunday morning or let them go a little bit longer. The white hairs from last week are all brown and curled in I think I'm close.

Wasnt planning on chopping until Sunday morning but had a power outage yesterday for 4 hours and lights were off since 1pm so I decided to chop this morning. Such pretty flowers was tough to cut them down I was getting attached.
20220714_084435.jpg
Resized_20220713_224637.jpeg

Wasnt planning on chopping until Sunday morning but had a power outage yesterday for 4 hours and lights were off since 1pm so I decided to chop this morning. Such pretty flowers was tough to cut them down I was getting attached.
20220714_084435.jpg
Resized_20220713_224637.jpeg
Congratulations!!!!!! Gorgeous!!!!

This drying process was so much easier in February. its been like a tropical rainforest in my area the past couple weeks. I have my AC on high and the room stayed around 63F most of the day but its been slowly creeping up and hit 67F. It was so much easier just freezing back in February and lowering my thermostat down to 60. I think one of the things I failed to do last dry was to provide proper air circulation in the tent, I was too afraid that the air would dry the buds too fast. This time around, I have the tower fan blowing against the tent wall on low, and I have the small clip on fan facing towards the bottom of the tent and its about 2 feet off the ground and lower than the tops of the colas hanging so no air is being directed at the plants just at the walls to keep air circulating. Its been so humid out that I haven't had to turn on the humidifier its been sitting at a perfect 60RH in the room so I guess that at least takes a humidity struggle out of the equation. During the last grow in winter I had to keep the humidifier on high 24/7 just to get it in the high 50's so its just crazy how different the situations are and amazing how I keep learning something new on every grow.

Ok so trying something new. The breeder at exotic gave me a little tip to see if a strain will be a good hash washer. You take a few buds off the plant and freeze them in a small jar then add some ice cubes and shake and if it's a good washing strain it will look like a snow globe. Just trimmed up a few small exodus cheese buds to see if this plant is gonna produce a decent yield of hash before wasting time and effort washing this plant.
20220715_103424.jpg

They both look like the snowglobe types to me.

The drying is going well at day 3. Picked up a little wifi therm to help monitor the temp and humidity. Rh is a little bit low but it's tough to keep it steady with the AC on 24/7. Been running the humidifer on high and it's been sitting around 58 to 60 so that should be good.
Screenshot_20220716-185801_Govee Home.jpg

Day 5 of the drying process. I managed to get the humidity stable, but now I am having issues keeping it under 70F due to this heat wave. I have a bucket full of ice in the tent right now and I have it at 71F so hopefully that's gonna be ok. Really happy I upgraded my AC unit last year because the small window unit I had before would be struggling to keep it under 80 right now.

the heat has sped up the process a little bit, but stems are still bendy. Should be ready by Saturday morning. I accidently broke a small bud off the dream factory. She has retained her wonderful smell and looks like a winner. Took few pics before I threw these in a little jar to finish curing.
20220721_193505.jpg
20220721_192732.jpg

The buds all look great. The Dream Factory is getting me excited. So Exodus is the prize so far?
No the exodus grew like shit and had issues the whole time. She is being dried and cured along with the other 3 but will be made into hash eventually when the weather cools down and I can make hash without it sticking all over the place

No the exodus grew like shit and had issues the whole time. She is being dried and cured along with the other 3 but will be made into hash eventually when the weather cools down and I can make hash without it sticking all over the place
Ah I read it wrong sorry.

Tested some of the thicker stems and I'm starting to get some stem crack so I cut the stalks into 8 to 12 inch segments and placed into sealed turkey bags in plastic home depot bins. They will reside in the bags until thursday afternoon and I will open the bags for 15 minutes each day. On Thursday afternoon I will buck the buds off the stems and place back in the bags and seal and repeat the process of opening the bag once daily for 15 minutes a day. They will sit in the bag for 10 to 14 days and then be trimmed and placed in heat sealed grove bags for storage. The exodus is going to finish curing with the rest and instead of going into grove bags I will be placing in the freezer and as soon as the temps come down a bit I'm gonna turn that whole plant into bubble hash and then press into hash rosin.
20220723_105903.jpg
20220723_105859.jpg
20220723_105815.jpg

Well this journal is almost finished. Next week the buds will be trimmed and placed in grove bags and stored in the basement. Gonna use next weekend to clean the room really well and then germinate the next 4. Things I learned on this grow: did better with training but still need to stop taking too many leaves when defoliating, defintely effected final yield on a few of the plants especially the vanilla creme pie. Stop growing strains with different flowering times, and make sure to water a day early after flipping to flower to prevent the roots from drying to much and impeding production. I likes the higher temps and humidity in the first 4 weeks of flower and I'm going to stick with this method. I liked the advanced nutrients but hated that it required so many bottles, next grow I will be switching to Jack's 321 recipe which is basically Jack' base fertilizer given at 3g and mixed then 1g of epsom salt mixed in and then 2g calcium nitrate. This will save me a lot of money and time on the next grow. Thank you to all that followed along and helped out. I have started a prejournal for the next one, please tag along if you could

In the process of removing buds from the stems and placing them back into the Turkey bags. Weighed the nicest plant in the tent and I am happy with the yield 190g or 6.7 oz. I expect the other 3 to be somewhere between 3 and 4 oz so looking at around 18oz for the entire grow which I can live with since it's just for personal consumption. Will take some pics later when I have some more time

So far this harvest is looking like a success. 190g off the dream factory and 116g off the chem 91. 306g for 2 plants isn't too bad especially compared to my last harvest. Will get the last 2 weighed after my lunch break.

Back
Top Bottom