PlanetJ's Big Tent - LED & CFL - Multi-Strain - Perpetual Flowering

Thanks for the kind words friends :) I'm one of those people that has issues comprehending small-talk .. I would love to be able to journal like Sue for instance .. but that is just not going to happen ;)

I'll try to make a nice update today ... FLUX is not really surviving till harvest .. about 15g already came off .. then again, she is the one already flaunting ambers .. so she was ahead of the rest. I also managed to burn one of her top cola's when my CFL decided gravity was more persuasive then my slipping knot. She tasted fine just the same :p

One thing I am starting to appreciate now is that you really do not want an overcrowded canopy with CFL or LED. You will get a ton of underdeveloped buds, that are only good for butter or up the quality of the trim.

How you finding the early harvest smoke?

For some reason (I think veg time) my first attempt at a FLUX was further along then the other 6 in the tent. She has been showing ambers for a week now, and is ready for harvest in half a week .. I doubt she'll make it tho. I estimate a 25gram dry on her, but will never know for sure :)

I have been tinkering with my oven drying, and if I put it on air circulation @ 75C for 45 minutes, and then store with a boveda 62 for a day, it's hard to find the 'hay' taste, and it's almost just as potent as a proper dry and cure.

Her buds where pretty tight, compared to the others. This puzzles me a bit, as she was under CFL's, almost fully out of the LED footprint.

The smoke, she's very flavourful and pretty stoned, altho with the amounts I smoke, I would have to NOT smoke for a full day to be able to give a proper assessment on the strength :p (1 - 2 grams a day)

The only downside is that I will always end up with either a little too dry or too wet .. so it either pulverises or burns crappy. I go for pulverised rather then crappy burning, and the little flavour I lose that way, I will gain in pre-decarboxylated weed.. giving me more stoned. I noticed that the properly dried and cured buds give a slightly more energetic high, with the same amount of stoned.

All in all .. it smokes okay .. and when compared to what I can buy in the shop here, it is top shelf :)

l.a.,, you have a long list of accomplishments there pal,, great stuff indeed,,, lotto experience to feed off there buddy,, cheers

pj,, plant really takes a beating when it is getting close to harvest eh,, noticing that myself,, the big leaves are looking perty aged,, but they did a great service for us,, and i know i appreciate them,, ratted and tattered though they may be

glad you are enjoying your smoke,, plenty more where that came from eh?? cheers pj,, time for some new pics??:Namaste:

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom