Poor bud formation

I grow since 2 years LED only with cheap (reflector ) to quite pricy LED and followed several journals.
And what I have seen is that LED work and saw several Kind LED grows without any issue.

I grow hybrids to 100% sativas and got flowers in 9 - 14 days after flip no matter if from seed (regular or fems) or clones.

I say there is some light-leak or some red Power led or some that happened earlier to me.

In my first location I had a bad wiring with mass and ground connected that caused the LED to not shut off 100%.
That happened as all timer only shut off mass not the power line and my led pulled some mass over ground and was slightly lit .
Only visible after lights are out.

I seriously doubt its nute related. Its in DWC and plants look generally healthy in the pic i can see. Dwc has one of the fastest growth rates you can get and flowers should be showing with in 2 weeks in a DWC system even if you just ran low ppm base nute. they would even show if ph was way out. There are some shitty LEDs on the market so that could be the issue or light cycle. Running an extra hour darkness should for sure push flowers out.

However in a previous post it was also stated using these panels for previous grow that buds were sparse. Im not an expert on LED technology so i cant cooment on the type of LED used in the panel. However I am a very experienced indoor grower and ive never seen a plant at day 29 without flowers even on 12 week strains. It could be the way this strain flowers but i doubt it. Even with high N the plants would show flowers. In indoor photo plants the no1 thing for flowering is light schedule and type of lighting. Ive saw alot of bum LED panels also.

Can you give more details on the grow. What strain and recommended flower period, exactly what is in your nute mix and ph, room temps and RH, light cycle you are running now and what you ran while vegging. did you use the same lights for veg growth? Ive saw LED grow brilliant plants in veg then perform terrible in flower, of course there are some great panels out there now but also bum ones.

This is my thought process after growing many thousands of photo plants indoors. I could be proven wrong but ive seen and grown alot of plants indoors, i be interested to see an update on this grow at a later date.

Strain is super sour OG, a 9 week strain
Light is a king double chip led 800watt.
Nutes are general hydroponic flora series with Kool bloom, diamond nectar, flora nectar and rhizotonic, but just in veg.
My Temps has been in the mid to high 80's, some day's it might push mid 90's. Humidity is anywhere from 40 to 50.
PPM'S I try to keep under 1000, but can sometimes reach 1100 to 1200+, but that's before I top her off. Then it drops down to 800 or lower at times.
I'm really starting to think it the light. My girls pray to that light and with the naked eye, you have to wear shades cause of how bight it is plus it has UV and a infrared diode. I'm going to put my 300watt ipower led in the today when lights come on.
Oh, and my light schedule went from 24 hrs, to 18 on 6 off, to 12-12 which I'm on now. I will switch lights for about a week and see what happens. Will keep ya'll posted.

When did you switch to 12/12? Was it 30 days ago?

I grow since 2 years LED only with cheap (reflector ) to quite pricy LED and followed several journals.
And what I have seen is that LED work and saw several Kind LED grows without any issue.

I grow hybrids to 100% sativas and got flowers in 9 - 14 days after flip no matter if from seed (regular or fems) or clones.

I say there is some light-leak or some red Power led or some that happened earlier to me.

In my first location I had a bad wiring with mass and ground connected that caused the LED to not shut off 100%.
That happened as all timer only shut off mass not the power line and my led pulled some mass over ground and was slightly lit .
Only visible after lights are out.

Thats a good point about the LED's not completely powering down. I had a model that I tested a while back, that for whatever reason the LED's were dimly lit when the power switches were in the off position. Just that slight amount of red light could very well be keeping his plants in veg...

Try looking at your growlight when it is off, see if there are any diodes that are dimly lit... may be the issue.

I too had a power strip with the little red light switch, and it was causing hermies... didn't figure it out for a while but then taped over it with electrical tape, and haven't had a hermi since...

Also, check your timer.. not sure if you are using a digital or analog one, but the digital timers I use actually have a few program settings where I could set multiple times through a day, that the light goes on, off, on off, on of.. etc... make sure your timer is set correctly.

I just forgot that I only use analog timers for my lights after some issue with digital ones.
You only get cheap Chinese digital timers these days.

I only had 1 on/off 12/12 cycle running set for the hole week and one day was going +1 hr extra.

Thats a good point about the LED's not completely powering down. I had a model that I tested a while back, that for whatever reason the LED's were dimly lit when the power switches were in the off position. Just that slight amount of red light could very well be keeping his plants in veg...

Try looking at your growlight when it is off, see if there are any diodes that are dimly lit... may be the issue.

I too had a power strip with the little red light switch, and it was causing hermies... didn't figure it out for a while but then taped over it with electrical tape, and haven't had a hermi since...

Also, check your timer.. not sure if you are using a digital or analog one, but the digital timers I use actually have a few program settings where I could set multiple times through a day, that the light goes on, off, on off, on of.. etc... make sure your timer is set correctly.

I will definitely check the light. I would have never thought of that. Thanks to all for the info. I looked at them just a few mins. ago and they still look the same.. Damn

I think that might be the problem. Just turned off the light for a few and came back, just to see that some of the diodes was really really dim. It's so dim that the you wouldn't think it could cause any harm, but you never know. I switched the lights yesterday with my 300 watt led so we'll see what happens. At lights out, I will check that one to.

I think that might be the problem. Just turned off the light for a few and came back, just to see that some of the diodes was really really dim. It's so dim that the you wouldn't think it could cause any harm, but you never know. I switched the lights yesterday with my 300 watt led so we'll see what happens. At lights out, I will check that one to.

Thats all it takes is just a tiny bit of red light, to signal the photochrome to change from its "flowering state" to veg. It doesn't take much. I would guess that is most likely the cause of the plant staying in veg. Some studies were done with using red/far red light, and all it took was a quick flash of red light to revert a flowering plant to veg.

If its on a timer though, the timer should be cutting the power to the light, where there should be no LED's lit... I would check to make sure by using your timer as the On/off. Turn it off by timer, and look at the diodes to see if they are lit.

Also if you have any power strips, or other sources of light (especially red) make sure to tape them up with electrical tape. Make sure you have no light leaks into your grow area.

Thats all it takes is just a tiny bit of red light, to signal the photochrome to change from its "flowering state" to veg. It doesn't take much. I would guess that is most likely the cause of the plant staying in veg. Some studies were done with using red/far red light, and all it took was a quick flash of red light to revert a flowering plant to veg.

If its on a timer though, the timer should be cutting the power to the light, where there should be no LED's lit... I would check to make sure by using your timer as the On/off. Turn it off by timer, and look at the diodes to see if they are lit.

Also if you have any power strips, or other sources of light (especially red) make sure to tape them up with electrical tape. Make sure you have no light leaks into your grow area.
I had small light leaks before, not bad ones, with my first grow in that tent and buds never looked like that. I really think your right, as far as the light goes. I put that same light in my last grow around the third week of flower, and the buds on my big bud x white widow slowed down and came out kind of airy.
I guess it mh/hps in my other tent. Just waiting for the Temps to drop some more, just for heat purposes. In that tent is 1 girl scout cookies, 1 AK47 XTREM, and 2 green cracks. Hopefully there's no problems with that tent, lol.

Back
Top Bottom