Pot of Gold (Picture Journal)

Mattman1211

I have used 420 for quite some time and although I am not a regular poster I am always around and keeping up to date with what everyone else is doing. I started a journal a while ago but never really followed it up due to a number of reasons. Although I am a man of few words I would like to share my next grow mainly through regular pics.

Heres a wee bit I found out about the strain I wil be growing.

Developed: Hawaii, USA, Holland, F-1 hybrid
Sativa / Indica: Primarily Indica
Appearance: Extremily resinous flowers and leaves
Smell / taste: Smells and tastes like sweet hashish
High / strength: Positive high, very strong
Yield per m2: Very high
Sowing time: May / June
Outdoor harvest: October (Holland)
Flowering period: 8 - 10 weeks (12 hrs indoor)
A money maker, honey shaker, A true resin bomb!

Compact plants that produce massive yields, also one of the most resinous strains in our selection. Pot Of Gold is one of the flagships of the Flying Dutchmen seed company. With a refined sweet Hashish taste and an extremely potent physical effect this strain will leave you stuck to your seat for hours. Good for many medical applications.

09/11/2007

7 Seeds into germ (unsexed seeds so fingers crossed)

7-Pot-of-gold-Seeds.JPG

16/11/2007

All except one of the seeds made it so heres hoping for 6 female, unlikely I know but you never can tell.

16_11_07-Plant-6.jpg

16_11_07-Plant-5.jpg

16_11_07-Plant-4.jpg

16_11_07-Plant-3.JPG

16_11_07-Plant-2.jpg

16_11_07-Plant-1.JPG

All at home under flouros

16_11_07-All-Together.jpg

Is it good for the seedlings to be in such large pots? What is your grow setup looking like? CFL? HID? Good luck and I look forward to following you grow :bong:

Yeah they will be fine in those pots. They look a bit bigger than they are, I have always used them and never lost a seedling yet.

I veg under three 4 foot flouro bulbs. I find this good enough and keeps cost and heat to a minimum.

I have a seperate room for flower that needs a grow box built, that will be done over the next couple of weeks or so.

Definitely a good start. Is this your first grow? What are you using for soil? Do you know what ferts you are going to use?

Definitely a good start. Is this your first grow? What are you using for soil? Do you know what ferts you are going to use?

This will be my third grow (i don't count the first as it was a bit of a joke) Each grow has been a bit experimental to see what works best in the space I have and the bulbs I use. Gonna be doing a fair bit of tying down this time to keep the height of the plant down to help light get through as low a possible.

The soil is a good mix from a local gardener. I usually use Biogrow/bloom and topmax but may go shopping this weekend in time for the first feed.

22-11-06_0030.jpg

Yeah they will be fine in those pots. They look a bit bigger than they are, I have always used them and never lost a seedling yet.

Oops spoke too soon. One of the seedlings died unfortunately, guess it just wasn't strong enough as the others are all doing fine and showing new growth.

We have all lost seedlings at one time or another. Please don't let something like that discourage you. Its just part of the growing experience.

We have all lost seedlings at one time or another. Please don't let something like that discourage you. Its just part of the growing experience.

Thanks, although no need to worry. I couldn't get discouraged very easily as I love tending my plants and obviously once I am smoking my harvest it is very rewarding to know i did it myself.

Can I just take this moment to say that you, Urdedpal, have been an inspiration since joining 420. Your knowledge, journals and advice have been invaluable. like i said previously I am not a regular poster but am always lurking somewhere in the forums.

@Smokin moose, exact same goes for you.

@moose, can you send me a link for sea tea or even what I should be looking for as I can't find anything here (Scotland) that would be suitable. I have seen and read the posts regarding this and would love to try it out. Also what would be a good fish fert as again I can't find here. I am maybe searching wrong (being stoopid as per lol). Would both of these be added aswell as veg ferts?

Back
Top Bottom