Preachforcure Medicann Blue Blood Grow Journal

Preachforcure

Hi Everyone,

I thought I would give this Grow Journal a shot with the Medicann Blue Bloods as there isn't a lot of info on growing this strain of seed so here goes...

First I will be growing in Smart Pots and will be using the Mainline/manifolding method to get 8 colas an each plant

I forgot to mention I sprouted the seeds under a 10,000 lumen T5 and I'm going to let it veg a few weeks under T5 then move in the 600 Watt LED to finish out the Grow...

Medicann Blue Blood Feminised Seeds Specs
Genetics: OG Kush x Blueberry
Type: Indica (70%) / Sativa (30%)
Flowering time: 6 - 10 weeks
Yield: Medium
THC content: 15 - 20%
CBD content 10%
Medicinal Uses: Chronic Pain, Body relief without mental intoxication, Insomnia, Muscle Spasms, Nausea, MS, Gastrointestinal Issues, Arthritis, Anorexia

05/04/2016 Day one: started out by soaking the seed in water for 16 Hours

05/05/2016 Day Two: Planted un-sprouted seeds in grow plugs and planted them in Dr. Earth pot of Gold all purpose potting soil (found at Home Depot and half the price of FFOF and has same Ingredients)

05/06/2016 Day Three: What do ya know the little buggers popped there heads up

05/10/2016 Day Seven: second set of leaves appeared and here are some picks from today which is now day 10

IMAG022718.jpg

IMAG023825.jpg
IMAG023929.jpg

IMAG024127.jpg
IMAG024229.jpg

Not sure if you noticed but one plant is larger than the other and both have received everything the same... Only water thus far and will start nuts at 25% when the first true leaves come in. I read some where that Blue Blood needs less nutes and less often. If you have any thoughts on this please let me know. I put in an email to meddicann about 10 days ago and still have no response from them about the Nutes...

Forgot to mention that the smart pots in the pics are a one and two gallon size...I will be transplanting them to 5 gallon smart pots for the remainder of the grow when its time to transplant...

I'm going to try and post pics every few days so everyone can follow the growing progress... Here are some picks from today taken a fer minutes ago...Thanks for any input provided...

IMAG024331.jpg
IMAG024431.jpg
IMAG024534.jpg

Thanks,
preachforcure

Snidrajsed, if there is something I need to do so you can follow please let me know how to as this is my first Journal on 420...

OK everybody I moved out the T5 and brought in the 600 watt LED which is 5 watt on the bulbs... I should get good penetration on this, I thought I would make the switch because there still very low and I want to see them start to get on up a little bit... I also watered today and added some Technaflora root 66 to the water to get those root going, no nutes as of yet will wait till I get first real set of leaves...

IMAG024827.jpg
IMAG024626.jpg
IMAG024728.jpg

Thanks,

Preachforcure

No Preach4, I'm merely trying to be clever.. Once someone posts they'll be subscribed to the thread. I just don't like simply saying I'm subbed. It gets repetitive, you know..
Plants look so small and sweet, can't wait till their big and Stinky... I like Stinky, hoo hah.

KiG :green_heart:

As you know I switched from the T5 light to the 600 watt LED two days ago and all I can say is wow what a difference you can see in the growth of these two plants. First let me say that the T5 did an awesome job for germinating the seeds and into the first week I am a fan of the T5 for this, at 6" I had no stretch of the seedling and the early development was great...

But after hanging the LED after 10 days of growing under the T5 and seeing the growth from just two days of LED I can see that the T5 is limited and not the best choice for veg, but it does have its place in the grow room and I will continue use it for starting all of my seed/seedlings. Looks like I have the temp and humidity dialed in with the LED as well.

IMAG025621.jpg
IMAG026028.jpg
IMAG025826.jpg
IMAG025931.jpg

please feel free to make suggestions. I ask in an earlier post if anyone knew about the nutrients for Blue Bloods and does it take less because I read in a thread somewhere they did not need as much. Any thoughts on this?

I watered today again with the Root 66 and Sugar Daddy from Technaflora for root growth stimulation I also added an oscillating Fan in the corner to start toughening up the stems for manifolding/mainlining... As you can see the LED has really stimulated the growth....

IMAG026629.jpg
IMAG026421.jpg
IMAG026522.jpg

Preachforcure

Not much to report today, I did check the roots on the air pots since the ones I have, have a Velcro seam for transplanting and did see a few roots had made it to the side of the pot so I will probably be transplanting in the next week or so...looks like the pots need water every third day so will be watering tomorrow...

IMAG026828.jpg
IMAG026731.jpg
IMAG026925.jpg

preachforcure

Hi Everyone,

It has been an eventful day to say the least...I transplanted both of the Blue Bloods to there final 7 Gal Smart Pots today and added the support rings... Well when I was transplanting the first plant it's the smaller one by the way half of the root ball broke off :oops: I hope it's going to be OK, do you think it will recover???? The second one (the larger plant) went off with out a hitch...After getting everything situated back in the Grow Closet I fertilized with 1/4 Nutes and Foliar Feed with Organic B-1... I am using Technaflora Nutes for this grow, and the organic B-1 in the kit is used after transplanting on foliage to boost growth and keep things nice and green...I'm also hoping it feeds that small plant enough so the roots can regrow...Here are some pics...

IMAG028623.jpg
IMAG028730.jpg
IMAG030121.jpg
IMAG030229.jpg

Preachforcure...

I also noticed today that there getting that stinky armpit smell :amen:

well it looks as though the small one is gonna make it. I checked it this morning after the fiasco yesterday (Look one post up) and its still nice and green with no leaves sagging. It might be the foilar spry from Technaflora helped keep the shock to a minimum...
:woohoo:

Hi Everyone,
Well I did it, I topped at the third node to get the plants mainlined and trimmed all the growth under the third node, I also watered today with quarter nutes...Here are some pics...

IMAG030725.jpg
IMAG030622.jpg

This Grow Journal has been fun so far...

Well here are some pics from today of the before and after of starting to train the Mainline to get 8 colas... I will feed with half strength fertilizer tomorrow, but overall plants seem to be doing pretty well... If You have any tips please feel free to post them, I'll take all the help I can get...:thanks:

Before
IMAG034024.jpg

After
IMAG034322.jpg

Before
IMAG034123.jpg

After
IMAG034322.jpg

IMAG034523.jpg

Thanks for watching

The more you can do to open up the growth tips the better. If your of steady hands, you can bend back those huge fans some or even clip them at this point. This will allow the new growth tip to have room to open up. Training looks excellent :thumb:
My only suggestion is to keep (carefully) opening up the growth tips to allow light to reach the newly birthed leafs.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

I was afraid of cutting them (the big fan leaves) until the plant recovered a bit from the first topping. I will clip them tomorrow and add some pics. I also watered and fed today...

Here are a few pics from cutting those large fan leaves, and a little more bondage applied to the branches... I will be topping those two branches when it gets to 4 nodes... By the way I will be using nebula's method to mainline and not nuggbucket's which simply says to trim out the second and top at 4th node to get 8 colas and cut out an extra week or so of Veg with same results...Were Getting close to flipping probably 10 days or so at this growth rate....

Large Fan Leaves

IMAG035222.jpg

After Trimming Large Fan Leaves

IMAG034627.jpg
IMAG034724.jpg
IMAG034815.jpg

Have A Great Day :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom