Digital's First Grow - Blue Blood & Company - Coco - 2015

re: Digital's First Grow - Blue Blood & Company - Coco - 2015

I Didn't come here either when I served, I was stationed in Japan (WestPac), The Locals are GREAT! VERY friendly once you learn to speak even the slightest bit of French ... a "BonJour" will always get a reciprocal Greeting. Ive been here 10 years now, Paris is like any other BIG city ... there are a fair amount of Assholes, But the Countryside is really where the good food and people are, I have a home in the country as well and spend half my time there, Fishing and I also have an indoor Hydro Veggie garden.

I was going to wait until my weekly video for an update but Ill do this midweek photo update as well. So proud of my girls! Everything is Great, I Transplanted the NL X BB to a 2.6 gallon Pot and shes already stretching out! Pineapple Express Autos are both on Nutes now, 600 ppm of Flora Nova Bloom and ph 5.8 water, the Blue blood and NL X BB are on 700 ppm of the flora Series and 6.0 ph water.

My Humidity is down to 65 percent and my overall temp is at 75F 23.8C. Hopefully FEDX doesn't screw me over today and Ill have the Tent up tonight. I think its time to Top the NL X BB

IMG_308113.JPG
IMG_30809.JPG
IMG_307911.JPG
IMG_307711.JPG
IMG_307611.JPG
IMG_307516.JPG
IMG_307211.JPG
IMG_307111.JPG
IMG_306912.JPG
IMG_306811.JPG

Weekly Video update coming tomorrow guys, I have my tent up and spent the last 3 days getting my passive intake to work and my temps under control, I bought a 464 cfm/ 760 m3h fan and put my TT fan on my cooltube and its cruising along at 78.4 degrees and 60 percent RH ... Plants look real happy and that makes me happy.

The Blue Blood digs her new Pot and no more Droopy fan leaves, after a small search I found out that droopy leaves mean they want water. May seem simple to pros but for me Im just learning how to "Interpret" Plant talk.

I looked at the plants under normal lights today and was really amazed at how green they are, so far everything is moving right along, we have some 100 plus degree days coming here next week, I dont use AC so I ordered an industrial floor fan and am switching to CFL'S during the hot days.

tent74.jpg

I rigged up a cooler with big ice blocks from my freezer to hook up directly to my intake, it brings the temp down at least 10 degrees, I had the NL X BB sitting in front of the intake and almost killed the poor plant, she has a few busted leaves but overall she will be ok, Lesson learned!

I was considering making a foam ice chest and fan cooler for my tent too. Glad you saved the NL before it had too many issues. They say these plants are easy to grow, and they are hard to kill etc. but one thing that I've noticed for sure is that they hate change more than anything.

Great videos btw. When I first found your journal I was like "This guy edits video professionally" today I read your profile and yep.

In my Update I said I would cover my Hacks but I didn't, so i took a couple of photos and its kinda self explanatory, for the sound from my fan I used the box it came in and a bunch of recycled cardboard stuffing and peanuts from various deliveries and it really keeps the sound down.

ae_blower.jpg

for my DIY AC unit :cough: lol ... I used a cooler I already had and my wife had a piece of Styrofoam that came with our freezer and it fit perfectly in the top ... I added ducting and Voila! filled with block ice it can bring temps down 10 to 20 degrees, I bought an industrial 18" floor fan last night on eBay and paid the 20 bucks for express UPS shipping, if I don't get screwed by UPS (whole different story about France and Deliveries) Ill have it one day before the predicted 102 degree heat. my plan is blow out warm air and use our Make shift "AC".

ae_Ac.jpg

Im hoping someone will get something out of these 2 Hacks in the future, keep you all posted and thanks for stopping by even if you don't chit chat.

JayGrow ... Im glad you like the videos... Im sure Ill get better in the future, yeah Ive been editing for 10 years ... its a bit easier for me to update using that medium but writing and documenting is something I need to work on so Im going to try and do both.

I heard the same thing about the NL X BB and its true so far, she never stops growing ... Transplants .... Tornados .... light burn.... very forgiving plant... good choice for a first grow, I got my seed free from Barnies but I treat her the same as all my other girls lol.

Just a fast mid-week update, been super hot here so I switched back to the 125 CFL and the ladies are a bit pissed about it, I also have what looks like some curled leaves on the SUPER FAST growing Pineapple express auto! I think its heat stress. I ordered a huge fan but of course its not here.. with luck Ill have it in the morning and that will help with the heat.

Im not going to use an AC and all the lights, I have an idea on how much electricity Im willing to invest "and that aint it". I made a decision to pull the trigger on the Mars Hydro Reflector 300w Led grow light ... Heat ... electricity yada yada ... its a learning process and I can now see how I want my tent set up. having different lighting options isnt such a bad thing anyways.

the Youngest Pineapple express ...

LPE3.JPG

LPE1.JPG

LPE2.JPG

The Oldest and Fast Growing Pineapple Express at 22 days

BPE2.JPG

BPE3.JPG

BPE1.JPG

Medicann Blue Blood still Growing but not as fast ...

BB150.JPG

BB230.JPG

and the NL X BB really looking the part at day 25

BW26.JPG

BW14.JPG

if you happen to stop by and see any Monkey Business in these Pictures please comment and let me know

Looking good mate.I had to make a makeshift air cooler like you have in my last grow and it works well.If/when you go LED don't forget to up your cal/mag in your feelings as your plants will need more under LED lighting.A little heat stress I found wasn't that bad for the plants through veg stage but through flowering time you really want to keep it at a minimum.Cheers and look forward to watching your grow

Yeah, I wouldn't sweat the heat stress too much. On both my easy ryder and my pineapple express auto grow, I had heat stress in early veg and heaps worse tacoing than what I can see in you pics. Had temps get up to 35 C. Growth slowed for a week at most but picked right back up once it dropped a couple degrees.

I'm using it at .5ml per L which is half strenghth of the brand which I use,some brands you need to use more.This is only my second grow with LED so I'm no expert at all but have read the cal/mag needs to be upped so I went half as I also only use half strenghth with my auto's as well unless they tell me otherwise:)

Dude, plants are looking beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom