Producing Feminized Seeds Using Colloidal Silver

what u said in response to my thoughts makes perfect sense i didnt think it all the way thru, so it dawned on me that i have all i need to make some fem seeds, but i want your input my homemade cs is 61ppm my girls are 1 week into 12/12 is it a good time to start spraying, i think i will dedicate 1 whole plant to fem seeds as i have only 4-5 seeds total in storage! yikes!!:thedoubletake::thedoubletake: good thing i checked my seed storage!, im putting up current pics today

:love::love::love::love::love:IRISH!!!:love::love::love::love::love:

Wow - I missed yer post yesterday between all the updates! SORRY honey!

I'm no expert, but I think you'd be just fine with both the ppms and starting even tho you are a week into flower already. The only problem I would see COULD be possible is if you are using the same plant to both produce the pollen AND for buds to pollinate in a non-auto plant... late pollination will be a definite cuz of the time it takes to change the plant and then create viable pollen, and if you are doing this all on a plant after starting into flower ....
1 week into flower already.
3-4 weeks to turn.
3 weeks to viable pollen.
Equals 7-8 weeks into flower... and very late to pollinate the buds on the same plant in order to have them finish with viable seed.

So, my only recommendation is that this plant is used strictly for producing pollen and you clone another plant to pollinate so you don't have to even worry about this. If you have both a veg and a flower room, doing this shouldn't be a problem anyway! Even if you try it all on the one plant, make sure you take a clone in case this is a problem by the time the pollen is created (you'll have a spare female to pollinate).

I'm off to the flower room now to spray... and check out if my new camera can take decent pics like the old one I demolished yesterday by bein' clumsy! EEK!

Thank you granny for taking the time to write out the detailed explanations

:love::love::love::love::love:realcarlos:love::love::love::love::love:

No problem, honey!

So glad you found 420magazine!!! You will find a wealth of help, support, and information at 420magazine... I LOVE IT HERE!!! Just wish I had MORE time to spend here! I have learned SO MUCH and oh my... the people here... SO WONDERFUL!!! Words just can't quite express the wonder to be found in this wonderful place.

It's like having another home and family. :thumb: :circle-of-love: :high-five:

here are couple pictures of the male bananas of a clone only blue dream using homemade colloidal silver at 80 ppm. I had tried some store bought CS rated at 30 ppm and it didnt take. soon i will know if it created any pollen and seeds as plant will be put in solitary confinement.to finish its grow. Will post more at that time.
Wink

bananas3.JPG

bananas21.JPG

here are couple pictures of the male bananas of a clone only blue dream using homemade colloidal silver at 80 ppm. I had tried some store bought CS rated at 30 ppm and it didnt take. soon i will know if it created any pollen and seeds as plant will be put in solitary confinement.to finish its grow. Will post more at that time.
Wink

:love::love::love::love::love:Winkster1:love::love::love::love::love:

:welcome: Honey!!!

So GREAT to SEE YER BALLS!!! :rofl: Are you a streaker??? :rofl: Cuz ya showed us yer balls! You know I'm just an old lady... don't know if I can take seein' so many balls!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Gees - I'm sorry... it may be the hash and tinctures I've been partakin' in that made it SO FUNNY to me!!! What a way to meet, eh???:rofl:

I LOVE that you put some pics of the female pollen sacs, aka "bananas"!!! :thanks: Honey!!! I am already growing tired of digging out all the plants I'm spraying... and I am ready to see some of those myself!

Want to let us know any more info? Like when started, auto-flowering or regular strain, did you use the method I described here, how long have you been spraying, and ANY info you care to share with all those folks interested here! I'm new to this procedure, so if you have any helpful advice, feel free to share with everyone!

:bravo: Winster1:thumb: :high-five:

Also... I have only collected pollen from one plant prior to doing this journal... and found the plant didn't want to drop the pollen (open up and let it go) like a male plant does. Did you find this? I ended up opening the female sacs up to collect the pollen. It worked cuz I have my first feminized seeds working on finishing developing on the plant, but just wondered if this is normal? Or, iff I had waited longer would the sacs have opened on their own? It didn't look like it cuz they were yellowing and preparing to die on the plant.

:thanks: In advance if you answer any of these questions!!!

Thanks for the reply Granny:thumb: I'm sure itching to try this....

:love::love::love::love::love:Quixilver:love::love::love::love::love:

Hi honey!!! Yer welcome, sweetie. When do you plan of getting started?

Garsh Granny420, what big peepers you have..
"All the better to see the balls on these hermies my son" :loopy:

I have to go back and read your new update ..that goes on forever.. but your pictures are worth a zillion words.
:cheer:

:love::love::love::love::love::circle-of-love:SISCO!!!:circle-of-love::love::love::love::love::love:

Hello my dear young fella!!!

Are you lookin' at Winkster1 streakin' through??? I SAW BALLS!!! EEEK!!!
:rofl:

LOVE YOU HONEY!!!

:love::love::love::love::love:Hey Everyone!:love::love::love::love::love:

This one is just a few shots from in my flower room - nothing to do with Colloidal Spray at all...

IT JUST FEELS SO DAMN GOOD TO HAVE FLOWERS AGAIN!!!

I have 13 regular ladies (plus the experimental plants) in at present. These pics were taken 2 days ago (the day I broke my camera). These ladies were 3 weeks and 5 days into flower on that day...

One end of the flower room where the taller, and a bit slower coming on, ladies are...
11-15-11_FlowerRoomPartialALL.jpg

A flowering bud from the Vanilla Kush on the right front end of the above pic... she's got long hair...
11-15-11_VanillaKushFlower3w5d.jpg

And then from the other end, where the farther bloomed ladies are (Aurora Indica and Red Dragon most visable)... These are also the same flower age as the others (3weeks, 5 days), they are just blooming faster.
11-15-11_FlowerRoomPartial.jpg

The Aurora Indica finishes in 7 to 8 weeks, so they'll be the first ones I harvest. Gees is it an extremely powerful smoke!!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT ONE!!! I gave 4 different people 4 different strains to try from what I grew outside this year, but I number the bags so they didn't know what strains they were smoking - every single one of them said the #1 was absolutely the strongest - that was the AI and I completely agree! Cloned some more of her this week so I'll have a couple more of them in my next cycle.

And last... a couple trich shots (from my first feminized seeded plant) auto blue himalaya trichs...
11-15-11_AutoBlueHimalaya_Trichs.jpg

11-15-11_AutoBlueHimalaya_Trichs2.jpg

Not the best trich pics... I'm just hoping they are not my last. I LOVED the camera I broke the other day. The new one I have doesn't allow me to zoom in as close with the flash on and I can't find a good light setting for under the HPS lights (which are where the trichs ARE!). I'm workin' on figuring it out tho.

:love::love::love::circle-of-love:LUVIES TO ALL!!!:circle-of-love::love::love::love:

Hey Granny! Great photos! Twelve12 is highly knowledgable about how to use cameras, you may want to stop by his threads or msg him, with a few questions on how to get your new camera to do what you want...Just a thought...The grow looks great!

Hey Granny! Great photos! Twelve12 is highly knowledgable about how to use cameras, you may want to stop by his threads or msg him, with a few questions on how to get your new camera to do what you want...Just a thought...The grow looks great!

:love::love::love::love::love:Quix!!!:love::love::love::love::love:

I have delved deep into the features of this new camera.. it just doesn't have the same capabilities as the one I had - and cost me $100 more. Go figure. It DOES have some nice settings tho, so I will still be able to get some real good shots.

:thanks: for the nice comment on the grow! It's awful nice to sit and watch. :)

I've had the Aurora, It's a sit back n watch a movie-smoke for sure!!

Oh yes!!! To be fair to the other strains in the test tho, the only plant that got to really finish this year was the Aurora. They were all outside and the others just kept growing - but didn't want to flower in time to finish before I had to take them out. Most were 2 to 3 weeks short of finishing... and that time makes a world of difference in the end smoke.

I am finding it amazing that the trichs INSIDE seem to be so much thicker, earlier, than what they did outside. I plucked a few fan leaves outta the center of a short Red Dragon yesterday (at 4 weeks flower exactly), and the top and bottom of my hand all the way past my wrist was saturated with sticky resin - not just my fingers. Egads, just a little brushing against it at 4 weeks! But it seems ALL the inside girls are trichin' much better than their mothers did outside. I'm lovin' watchin' it snow. :)

:cheer:Plus reps for such great documentation, the AI looks wonderful and so do the rest.:cheer:
:love::love::love::love::love:SISCO!!!:love::love::love::love::love:

Hey toots!!!

:thanks::thanks::thanks: Yours look pretty damn WONDERFUL too!!!

:love::love::love::love::love::love:LUVIES:love::love::love::love::love:

UPDATE

SPRAYING FLOWERING SITES MORE OFTEN!!!

:thanks: Winster1 for uploading the images of your CS treated plants and listing the ppms you are using. I found it wonderful that you have flowers AND bananas on the same plant - which clearly shows this can be done and you should only need that one plant to make seed. :bravo: I'm still interested in knowing how often you sprayed, when started, how long it took, etc - please offer more to us if you ever have time! This is a LEARNING journal and the best way to learn is from those who have already had success!!!

Okay... the first girl I did with CS, I sprayed more often when the buds were coming on strong and it TURNED FASTER than these... thus, I am spraying FLOWERING sites 2 to 3 times daily for a few days to see if changes happen quicker.

Winster1 said he/she? was using 80ppm... so maybe a higher ppm would be necessary if spraying only once daily?

OTHER THOUGHTS OF ?IMPORTANCE?...

When evaluating the changes in the plant... I thought possibly by spraying BEFORE flowering, that it would change the plant earlier, and that I would not see flowering pistils (hairs) but would instead see female pollen sacs. But, I can clearly see that the CS treatment does NOT stop flowering tops from occurring. However, thus far I followed, and listed, the recommendations from the various info I researched.

It seems to me tho, that since this spray is so hard on the plant, it may not be necessary to begin treatment until you see pistils (flowering)? My reasoning on this is from watching the plant I already turned, and now from watching all of these plants. By watching, I mean deep examination of the growth sites on EVERY plant EVERY day with a magnifying loupe.

What I see, is that the pistils sprout and then die after being sprayed for one, or more often, TWO days (so 2 sprays daily with this 50ppm may be required to have it happen quicker - OR, using a higher ppm solution once daily). From what I saw change with the first plant I turned, each little pod (calyx?) that sprouted the hair (that died) eventually turned into a female pollen sac. I keep watching for this change in these plants and know it is close... but it is taking longer than what I read it should take.

For these reasons, I am going to spray all FLOWERING SITES at least twice daily (and maybe even 3 times per day every other day) like I did the first plant for a week when it was strongly flowering.

KEEP IN MIND: When I did this, all outer and upward growth on sprayed parts STOPPED GROWTH. These plants have continued to grow taller and to branch - the first plant I did and sprayed more often early on, did NOT.

We'll see what happens with this change! You know I will report!

MORE EXPERIMENTATION

ALSO... this leads me to wondering if there is a need for ANY CS spraying before flowering begins to occur? Since it is so hard on the plant... does it do any good to spray earlier (before seeing flowers)? I want to keep these plants small and the stunted growth in spraying once daily is doing that for me, so I will keep this up...

But... to test this theory, I have done a couple things...

1) I have taken a flowering clone and am keeping it in the flower room as it takes root (so it stays in flower). It's small, but has a full blown flower on top. IF IT SURVIVES... I intend to start spraying this plant twice daily as soon as it begins to show nice growth (shows it is rooted). We'll see if this already blooming plant being sprayed twice daily turns faster for me.

2) One of the plants (I think the auto Himalaya Blue Deisel - but have to check for sure), I had divided by spraying the bottom only. It grew a number of upper nodes and they are beginning to flower strongly. So today I began spraying (twice daily) one more node up where there are nicely flowering buds on both side branches. I will see if this turns at all, or if it turns at the same time as the lower branches that have been being sprayed once daily for some time.

Yes... more experimenting... but that is the only way to really compare the results I guess!

Great experiment Granny!!:high-five:
You got me thinking...And I was already thinking about this at the start of this....I know keeping the plants small is kind of part of this gig for you, but if someone had the space, would it be easier on the plant if it were bigger? Would a good 4-6 week veg give the plant the strength to take the 80-90 ppm spray once or twice daily and turn faster? Just stuff that goes through my head....Thanks again for doing this and journaling it, and for inspiring thought!:thanks:

Great experiment Granny!!:high-five:
You got me thinking...And I was already thinking about this at the start of this....I know keeping the plants small is kind of part of this gig for you, but if someone had the space, would it be easier on the plant if it were bigger? Would a good 4-6 week veg give the plant the strength to take the 80-90 ppm spray once or twice daily and turn faster? Just stuff that goes through my head....Thanks again for doing this and journaling it, and for inspiring thought!:thanks:
:love::love::love::circle-of-love::love::love::love:QUIX!!!:love::love::love::circle-of-love::love::love::love:

:high-five: Our *thinkin'* caps are on - EEK!!! :high-five:

I don't know, honey!!! LOL What an answer, eh?

If someone had all the room they needed, it would sure be interesting to see if there is a difference! You are right tho, my thoughts are definitely on keeping them smaller... but you raise some real interesting thoughts to putter around in me lil pea brain! :)

Along with the room it takes for a plant I can't smoke in the end, I guess part of my keeping them small is also due to not needing very much pollen cuz it doesn't take much of a plant to give plenty of pollen.

I also wondered about trying it on one branch of a flowering female (some of the info said this could also be done). But for me, I guess the safety risks of the CS and not being able to smoke the treated part afterwards... well, that is also what leaves me using small plants instead of trying this. I worry it would somehow go systemic and even the budded (untreated - budding) parts of the plant would somehow have some even if they weren't directly sprayed???

You had mentioned trying CS for fem seeds sometime... have you taken it any further yet? What are YOUR plans, honey?

I hear ya about not wanting it to get to your useable smoking material, but I really think if it was just the pollen, used on a different plant, it would be fine to consume. The pollen collected will likely be the stuff that drops, right? Not stuff that has taken a direct hit from the spray bottle. As soon as I thought the pollen sacs were developed enough to produce pollen, I would stop the spray. The sacs are closed until the "grand opening" which occurs within a day or so.....which I would think would protect the actual pollen from contamination. And even if they dont open on their own, and you have to dig the pollen out, the good stuff is protected still right?....

My plans?...Well...My space is VERY small, and am not prepaired to try this yet. I would need to build a special, separate box just for this. I have actually considered doing just that, and have been brainstorming ideas for just that. Then, I would need to designate a good female plant to try it on. Lol, any feminized seeds I have right now are few and far between, and cand afford to sacrifice them to the project....I do have a BUNCH of Northern Lights seeds, but their origins have hermie traits as it is, and would not be a fair experiment, as the variables are skewed....It would be a long planned project, maybe for summer or fall 2012.....

Hey Quix and Granny, watch my thread next week. I'm making self contained "seed boxes" for growing seeds (and using CS to propogate some genetics I have been working on for years). Building the boxes today....

Back
Top Bottom