Producing Feminized Seeds Using Colloidal Silver

and rep's to both of you Granny, Quix, thanks for the thoughts, you inspired me to get rolling on this project.

:love::love::love::circle-of-love::love::love::love:

:yahoo::goof::woohoo::slide:

HAPPY DANCE TIME!!!

The MJ Goddess must have sensed my impatience and decided to shine some sunshine my way! Only double sprayed for one day and then, over the last few days I've been seeing some definite changes, and have taken pics every day or every other day...

Officially, the Auto Cream Caramel is growing tons of balls (female pollen sacs).

I don't have time tonight, but will give a good update tomorrow!

Officially, the Auto Cream Caramel is growing tons of balls (female pollen sacs).

So about 21 days to balls...
I have some clones picked out and I am about ready to start. 2 clones from the same mom. My plan is to leave one in veg and start the other under 12/12 and CS treatments....about 21 days later when/if i see balls I will move the untreated clone in with the treated one and let them do their thing....do you think that timing is about right or should the female be brought in earlier?

I hear ya about not wanting it to get to your useable smoking material, but I really think if it was just the pollen, used on a different plant, it would be fine to consume. The pollen collected will likely be the stuff that drops, right? Not stuff that has taken a direct hit from the spray bottle. As soon as I thought the pollen sacs were developed enough to produce pollen, I would stop the spray. The sacs are closed until the "grand opening" which occurs within a day or so.....which I would think would protect the actual pollen from contamination. And even if they dont open on their own, and you have to dig the pollen out, the good stuff is protected still right?....

:love::love::love::love::love:Quix!:love::love::love::love::love:

Hi Honey!

Yes, you are right - the pollen itself is safe to use (not to smoke, but who'd want to, eh?). Yes, it is developed AFTER you quit spraying. As soon as you see female pollen sacs, you stop spraying, so the pollen itself is not ever actually sprayed.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The sacs on the first plant I turned did NOT DROP their pollen like a regular male does. They didn't open. Instead, after a couple weeks or so they started yellowing like they were going to die. That is when I removed the lil balls and split them myself. I didn't think they had near the amount of pollen within them either as a regular male does - but they had plenty, cuz it just doesn't take much.

My plans?...Well...My space is VERY small, and am not prepaired to try this yet. I would need to build a special, separate box just for this. I have actually considered doing just that, and have been brainstorming ideas for just that. Then, I would need to designate a good female plant to try it on. Lol, any feminized seeds I have right now are few and far between, and cand afford to sacrifice them to the project....I do have a BUNCH of Northern Lights seeds, but their origins have hermie traits as it is, and would not be a fair experiment, as the variables are skewed....It would be a long planned project, maybe for summer or fall 2012.....

It sounds like you are being WISE in preparing before starting! PLEASE SHARE WITH ME (US) WHEN YOU DO, HONEY!!!

If you (or ANYONE), wants to add YOUR experiments to this journal - I have NO PROBLEM. This is to be a learning journal for others in the future, so the more the merrier! And I am VERY INTERESTED in what others are doing. In no way do I pretend to KNOW what I'm doing!!! LOL!!!

As for sacrificing seeds for the project - I just cloned the ladies I had going for the non-auto strains. So you don't need to sacrifice a seed with regular strains. The auto strains, I did have to sacrifice seeds because they can't be cloned (which was my original reason for even trying CS).

:circle-of-love:

Hey Quix and Granny, watch my thread next week. I'm making self contained "seed boxes" for growing seeds (and using CS to propogate some genetics I have been working on for years). Building the boxes today....

and rep's to both of you Granny, Quix, thanks for the thoughts, you inspired me to get rolling on this project.

:love::love::love::love::love:OG13!:love::love::love::love::love:

Reps to YOU, honey!!! I am SOOOO looking forward to seeing other's results too!!! If you want to post your process here - please feel free!!! Or, if you (or anyone) documents it elsewhere - please include the links and some info here! Seriously, my whole purpose in starting this journal was to learn and to share with others what I learned and how it worked. I think there could be some fine tuning... but we sure don't know until we try!

I AM SOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!

Okay granny I am sold. I was going to make my first post my grow, but you did it for me. I am all in and subed to this wonderful trial. Between you and 420fied this is really a nice grow site.
Keep up the good shit.

:love::love::love::love::love:blackgold!:love::love::love::love::love:

Hi Honey!!!

:thanks::thanks::thanks: This is your FIRST POST?!? AWESOME!!! :welcome::welcome::welcome:

Please let us all know the link to your grow - but then LOOK OUT, cuz we will know where you are!! EEK!! lol

:adore:420fied - super grower!!! And there are MANY MANY MANY more!!!! I sat with my mouth watering at my first mentors (McBudz and Butcher) grows - such gorgeous buds. And I sure paid attention when they gave me advice! I was sure glad when McBudz noticed I had my fan on my carbscrubber UPSIDE-DOWN! Egads... I am sure proof that you don't have to be an expert to grow some real good medicine!!!!

:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:

Hope to see you again and again!!

Welcome to :420:!!!!
GT

:love::love::love::love::love:GT!:love::love::love::love::love:

I hope blackgold finds this place to be the "home" I know you and I do!

How you doin' honey? I REALLY need to get to more ppls journals - YOURS IS HIGH ON MY LIST. I so wish there were more hours in the day. :thanks: SOOOOOO much, honey for your never ending support! If I could squeeze ya in a big :hug:, I WOULD!!!

:circle-of-love:

So about 21 days to balls...
I have some clones picked out and I am about ready to start. 2 clones from the same mom. My plan is to leave one in veg and start the other under 12/12 and CS treatments....about 21 days later when/if i see balls I will move the untreated clone in with the treated one and let them do their thing....do you think that timing is about right or should the female be brought in earlier?

:love::love::love::love::love:R2MNot!:love::love::love::love::love:

Hi honey!!!

21 days - make sure you catch the updates I will be uploading today, especially the Widow Ryder.... it may leave us thinking different???

It sounds like you have a WONDERFUL plan! As I said to others - please don't be shy about sharing either pics and updates here, or linking to your info it it's somewhere else! Everyone is :welcome: here!

As for when to put the female with the male - I'm not sure if that will work or not... I only say this because the first plant I did, did NOT DROP it's pollen - I had to take the sacs off and open them manually to collect the pollen to use. It didn't "drop" pollen as a regular male would - the sacs didn't open for me on their own.

Here is a direct link to the info I put in the quick article I wrote on CS...
HOW I REMOVED THE POLLEN FROM THE FIRST PLANT I TURNED (WITH PICS) if you want to look at pics of what I did. You can see from the pics that the sacs were starting to yellow and not opening. The female I had in waiting was very far into flower, so I was also pressed for time. And the info I had read had lightly referenced "taking" the pollen from the sacs, so I thought I'd try it. It WORKED.

The female has been making FEMALE seeds for 4 to 5 weeks now, still going. I pollinated a couple buds with fresh on Oct 19th from a few sacs, a few days later when I knew it worked (saw changes on the pollinated buds), I took the rest of the sacs, dried them, and pollinated again on the 23rd and the 25th??? (poor memory, but think that's close!). I want it to grow into mid Dec so I make sure I get viable seed. Then I can pop a couple and see what happens!

Ok... gotta go edit some pics, upload them, and give some updates WITH CHANGES!!!

"I'm still interested in knowing how often you sprayed, when started, how long it took, etc - please offer more to us if you ever have time! This is a LEARNING journal and the best way to learn is from those who have already had success!!!"

i started sprayin about 2 weeks before they went into flower. then continued spraying prob 2.5 weeks after switching to 12/12 at first i was spraying with a spray bottle that reaay atomized the spray and cant remember when i went to spray bottle that would soak the lower part of plant . i kept checkin the bananas for pollen until week 6 and they still had no pollen at that time i gave up thinking i could pollenate a flower on same plant and have it produce seed in 2 weeks. so i isolated the plant and left it finish its grow at time i harvest the banas had pollen finnaly which i collected and will try to produce seed on next grow
Wink

UPDATE: AUTO CREAM CARAMEL

FINALLY - CHANGES!!!

Shame on granny for getting so impatient!!! On the 19th, I said I was going to start spraying 2-3 times daily, when all I needed to do was to wait ONE MORE DAY for changes to be evident! I only sprayed twice on anything one day only. Hmmm that one day at a time I *try* to live by... I best keep that in mind next time!

On the 20th, Day 24 of CS treatment, I STOPPED spraying this plant due to the changes. The instructions I researched said to stop spraying when you see the plant changing. I will be giving up close pics of these changes over a period of time to help anyone who is looking at their own plants for these changes. The first plant I sprayed, I sprayed a bit longer just cuz I didn't know what I was looking for (didn't have a hair on it when I was done!). This time, I felt I recognize these changes a bit sooner.

I do use a magnifying glass to examine growth sites on each plant daily and strongly recommend this. The one that works the best for me is a simple round magnifying glass (blue outer rim and handle) which has one small circle in it that magnifies even further - I *think* this circle is just a 5x - I bought it at Walmart. When I go to anything stonger (my jeweler loupes and microscopes), it is too detailed.

Okay... on with the pics!!! I will go backwards to the 15th to *hopefully* allow others to see the changes that took place along the way to today.

Auto Cream Caramel, CS Day 19: Top Bud
11-15-11_AutoCream_CaramelCSSprayDay21_TopClose.jpg

Auto Cream Caramel, CS Day 21: Top Bud (getting used to new camera - UGH!)
11-17-11_AutoCream_CaramelCSSprayDay21_TopClose.jpg

I used the flash - the plant isn't really quite that sick looking!

That was when I was still seeing pistils (hairs) sprouting like a son of a gun... that was why I became impatient... when all I needed to do was to wait a bit longer...

DAY 23 WAS THE LAST DAY I SPRAYED. THEN I NOTED THESE CHANGES...

Auto Cream Caramel, CS Day 24 (but first day NO spray): Top Bud 1
The next few pictures were taken TWO DAYS AGO, the day after I sprayed it twice. THIS IS THE FIRST DAY I DID NOT SPRAY.
11-20-11_AutoCream_CaramelCSSprayDay24_TopCloseFromSide1.jpg

In the above pic, I could see the rounding going on that makes them no longer look quite like a pointed pod.

Auto Cream Caramel, CS Day 24 (but first day NO spray): Top Bud 2
Again, this picture was taken TWO DAYS AGO...
11-20-11_AutoCream_CaramelCSSprayDay24_TopCloseFromSide2.jpg

In the above pic, one of the things I noted was the rounding pod, even tho a pistil was growing out of it.

Those changes were why I stopped spraying.

TODAY: AUTO CREAM CARAMEL, CS Day 26 (but no longer spraying).
Top Close 1
11-22-11_AutoCream_CaramelCSSprayDay26_TopClose1.jpg

Top Close 2
11-22-11_AutoCream_CaramelCSSprayDay26_TopClose2.jpg

Side Branch 1
11-22-11_AutoCream_CaramelCSSprayDay26_SideBranch.jpg

Side Branch 2
11-22-11_AutoCream_CaramelCSSprayDay26_SideBranch2.jpg

Top Close 3
11-20-11_AutoCream_CaramelCSSprayDay24_TopCloseFromSide3.jpg

and then from the above pic, a close up of the female pollen sacs I noted, but zoomed in...
11-20-11_AutoCream_CaramelCSSprayDay24_TopCloseFromSide3-Close.jpg

What I feel are the changes to note, is the "rounding" which is different from the pointed female pods (calyx?). I also note that there is a lot of new growth with female pollen sacs only being sprouted.

And here is a pic of the entire plant...
11-22-11_AutoCream_CaramelCSSprayDay26.jpg

You can see she has suffered, but her torture is now over and she is the first girl to change for me.

Woops... I should go get an image of the female in waiting for this plant. BRB... Back!

These plants WERE the same size when this started... but not now.
11-22-11_AutoCream_CaramelCSSprayDay26_WithMate.jpg

And here is the waiting female from the top...
11-22-11_AutoCream_CaramelCSSprayDay26_Mate.jpg

And here is her top buds...
11-22-11_AutoCream_CaramelCSSprayDay26_MateTop.jpg

She has been under 18/6 in the veg room until just a few days ago when I needed the space in the veg room. I then put her under 12/12 in the flower room.

Since these seeds were started at the same time and the growth was the same at the beginning, I have been worried if I would have time to pollinate and produce viable seed. I'm no longer worried and think I'll be just fine - even if it takes 2 to 3 weeks to produce viable pollen. I don't know if it helped to keep the auto-flowering (don't depend upon light cycle) female under 18/6 while the CS treated female went to 12/12 during treatment... but I'm going to be just fine with these. YES!!!

I am probably only going to get one more update in today, so I'm going to make it the Widow Ryder because there are things to note on her. Be back as soon as editing pics is done!

"I'm still interested in knowing how often you sprayed, when started, how long it took, etc - please offer more to us if you ever have time! This is a LEARNING journal and the best way to learn is from those who have already had success!!!"

i started sprayin about 2 weeks before they went into flower. then continued spraying prob 2.5 weeks after switching to 12/12 at first i was spraying with a spray bottle that reaay atomized the spray and cant remember when i went to spray bottle that would soak the lower part of plant . i kept checkin the bananas for pollen until week 6 and they still had no pollen at that time i gave up thinking i could pollenate a flower on same plant and have it produce seed in 2 weeks. so i isolated the plant and left it finish its grow at time i harvest the banas had pollen finnaly which i collected and will try to produce seed on next grow
Wink

:love::love::love::love::love:WINK!:love::love::love::love::love:

:thanks::thanks::thanks: !!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much, honey!!! We all want to learn and this info HELPS SO MUCH!!!!!!

It sounds like starting too early possibly doesn't help. :bravo: But YOU GOT FEMINIZED POLLEN!!! :thumb: From the looks of your plant, I was wondering if you can pollinate on the same plant - or if it would do it itself? Oh... duh... you said you collected the pollen to use later when you harvested the plant - pay attention, granny! Guess not!

So WONDERFUL TO SEE YOU AGAIN, WINK!!! :thanks:

UPDATE AUTO WIDOW RYDER

NO LONGER BEING SPRAYED - HAS ALSO TURNED!!! :thumb:

I am running out of time for today, so will only get one more complete update in today. I'll have to finish tomorrow and/or Friday.

THIS ONE IS NOTABLE...

I began CS treatment on this ENTIRE plant on 10/27. I believe I sprayed the entire plant for 8 days before seeing it wasn't even setting pre-flowers and re-reading the info about this auto-flowering plant. It said it flowers when there are 6 to 9 nodes of growth. Thus, I divided this plant after the first 8 days of treatment and only sprayed the lower portion since then.

There is a definite difference in this plant due to some parts being sprayed the entire time, some parts being sprayed for only 8 days early on, and most of the top sprouting AFTER I had stopped spraying the upper portion. The pics demonstrate this pretty darn good...

Here is the entire plant today, Day 26, FIRST DAY NO MORE SPRAY...
11-22-11_AutoWidowRyderCSSprayDay26.jpg

And starting from the top, we will look closer at the bud sites. The top of this plant pretty much grew out AFTER I stopped spraying the upper portion and has what appears at present to be a normal female flower...
11-22-11_AutoWidowRyderCSSprayDay26_TopBud.jpg

But next we go down the plant just a little to bud sites that were sprayed the first 8 days and not since then... you can see there are differences with these buds showing female pistils, but also possibly a bit of female pollen sacs (especially the far side bud)...
11-22-11_AutoWidowRyderCSSprayDay26_UpperGrowthClose2-Higher.jpg

And then we go down a bit farther on the plant, but still a bud that was sprayed for the first 8 days only... you see more female pollen sacs than female flowers, but definitely a mix...
11-22-11_AutoWidowRyderCSSprayDay26_UpperGrowthClose.jpg

And then I will picture the lower portion of the plant at a distance. This part of the plant has been sprayed once daily for 25 days...
11-22-11_AutoWidowRyderCSSprayDay26_LowerGrowth.jpg

And last, a close up of a bud from the lower portion of the plant with clear female pollen sacs...
11-22-11_AutoWidowRyderCSSprayDay26_LowerGrowthClose.jpg

So what did we learn from this one, eh???

Winkster1 said he sprayed his plant before flower and then for 2.5 weeks after putting it to 12/12 and then stopped, thinking it hadn't worked - but his plant grew both female flowers and female pollen sacs. My first plant, I sprayed until I clearly saw the female pollen sacs and I didn't have another hair (female flowering) sprout on that plant.

Pretty much, this all shows me that if you begin treatment and stop - it doesn't mean the plant won't do some changing.

I am hoping to be able to have a top flower or two on this plant to pollinate, but I do have a lady in waiting if I need her. She is just starting to form flowers so would be in perfect timing if I decide to use her instead.

One last short update and then gotta go!

3 OTHERS ARE ALSO THERE - NO LONGER SPRAYING

This includes:
Auto Himilayan Blue Diesel
Auto Kush
Auto Blueberry

I will give updates on these 3 strains asap (time is short this week), but won't include as many detailed pics in them. I highlighted the changes in the auto cream caramel with a lot of pics that I don't feel I need to include with every strain. I WILL include pics tho - you know it!

NON-AUTO STRAINS ARE NOT TOO FAR BEHIND (STARTED LATER)!!! So I guess it's time this journal is finally MOVING again!

:love::love::love::love::love::circle-of-love::love::love::love::love::love:

Awesome work. I am ordering the colidial silver today. I see a bottle that is 40 PPM and also see one that is 240 PPM. It would be cost effective to buy the 240 PPM stuff and then mix it and just test it to be 50 PPM with a PPM meter useing RO water to mix with. Have you done this yet? Would this work?

Thanks for all this testing and sharring...very nice of you to post up all this

Cona

Awesome work. I am ordering the colidial silver today. I see a bottle that is 40 PPM and also see one that is 240 PPM. It would be cost effective to buy the 240 PPM stuff and then mix it and just test it to be 50 PPM with a PPM meter useing RO water to mix with. Have you done this yet? Would this work?

Thanks for all this testing and sharring...very nice of you to post up all this

Cona

:welcome: Cona!!! :high-five:

:thanks: so much for your kind comments. But seriously, if "I" can do this, ANYONE can!

I do not make my own colloidal silver but did read a little about it. From what I read, it has to be mixed ONLY with DISTILLED WATER. BUT... I know very little about CS, so I'd prefer to refer you to BigIrishDoode's journal so you can ask him. He knows about everything you'd want to know about CS, makes his own, and uses it for many purposes. Here are 2 links:
1) BigIrishDoode's Journal - where you can ask a question.
2) An article BigIrishDoode did on how to make your own Colloidal Silver Spray.
You'll get lot's better answers from him!!!!

Hope to see you again sweetie! :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom