Quix's Corner - Puddle-o-Green - NL & Bag Seed - Indoor Soil Experiment

HPS fixtures can be found in almost all HD's in the security lighting area. Normally there are several models from 70w-250w. Just tell the folks there you are worried about how dark your backyard is, and want to light the WHOLE DARN YARD!! lol

Sure wish mine did! I'll have to check the other depots in my city, maybe mine just sucks!

Glad you got your web back bud good to see you....:Namaste:

Thats right brother, came home to 73 again today:high-five::cheer:

Well arent you a lucky dog! My rooms are staying around 77-81 which im fine with but res temps are my mortal enemy right now! Ugggh all my res temps are climbing into the low 80's daily. Which hasnt been a major problem cause i blast them all with oxygen but obviously definitely not ideal! :hmmmm: Im gonna try using foam panels to make my res's into coolers to see if i cant get them to hold on to some coolness when i put ice bottles in there. Or you could just be a nice guy and give me your 5000 btu unit since you have the 8000 one also! :)

Well arent you a lucky dog! My rooms are staying around 77-81 which im fine with but res temps are my mortal enemy right now! Ugggh all my res temps are climbing into the low 80's daily. Which hasnt been a major problem cause i blast them all with oxygen but obviously definitely not ideal! :hmmmm: Im gonna try using foam panels to make my res's into coolers to see if i cant get them to hold on to some coolness when i put ice bottles in there. Or you could just be a nice guy and give me your 5000 btu unit since you have the 8000 one also! :)

Lol, I would gladly hook you up with the other unit my friend, but its in my kids room, ant it gets bad in there without it. We have one in our room, one in the kids', and one downstairs off the dining room, and believe me they all get a work out!

Heat IS a bitch isn't it!? I wonder if in addition to the foam pannels, you could add Ice packs to the outside, as well as inside the res....I know spending cash always sucks, but hell, they're like 1-2 bucks at wall mart, so for 20 bones you may have your solution...:hmmmm:...What is an ideal temp range for a res anyway?...

Lol, I would gladly hook you up with the other unit my friend, but its in my kids room, ant it gets bad in there without it. We have one in our room, one in the kids', and one downstairs off the dining room, and believe me they all get a work out!

Heat IS a bitch isn't it!? I wonder if in addition to the foam pannels, you could add Ice packs to the outside, as well as inside the res....I know spending cash always sucks, but hell, they're like 1-2 bucks at wall mart, so for 20 bones you may have your solution...:hmmmm:...What is an ideal temp range for a res anyway?...

Well hell the kids dont need it, kids need to toughen up anyways lol! I figured id try to foam them and if it still needs more maybe do something like fader said. As far as i know ideal res temp is around 68-75. Water holds the oxygen better at the lower temps but i think the plants prefer it just a little warmer but thats also where problems can start with rot and pythium, etc. So right about 65 to 70 is where i like to keep mine.

Wow Faderharley! I never thought of that! What a great inexpensive way to cool a small area. Cudos Bro! :bravo:

:peacetwo:

Thanks, yeah it may not look pretty, but back in the day, when I worked as a physical plant director at central missouri university, we had a building cooled via icewater, we had a machine making ice continously which dumped into a pool, then the water pumps would pump it up thru the cooling coils, returned water would dump back into the pool.... cool design.... that's where the ice cooling method came to mind.... glad I was able to help :goodluck:

Week 3 Flower Update

So my temps seem to be under control, 73 again today, WITH 3 CFLs as supplimental to the 150w HPS. I'll try to find time to add more CFLs this weekend, as it is now aparent to me that my space can handle it.

It's interesting to see how the moms are growing, having been LSTed. I've had to supercrop a good 6 or 7 branches, in order to keep the canopy even, but for the most part its all pretty uniform, with almost no lower flowers trying to develop. It's going to be interesting to watch them bloom, without the classic donkey dick main colas that NL are famous for. Flower development has ramped up, at least in part due to the lower temps....
P7110019.JPG
P7110018.JPG
P7110017.JPG
P7110014.JPG
P7110013.JPG

Very little frost going on, but we'll fix that with the addition of Snowstorm starting this week...
P7110012.JPG

The clones are coming right along, and should be "bud-cicles" by the end of this thing. Flower development is right along with the moms, and no signs of trouble anywhere, even on the one I didn't transplant. I may have to supercrop all the clones at around week 5, as they're pushing their way staedily toward the top of their tent. I'm not too worried about doing this.
P7110020.JPG
P7110002.JPG
P7110001.JPG
P7110003.JPG

Feeling much better about things now!:high-five:

Who all here uses, or has used SnowStorm Ultra? I know OMM uses it, but cant remember who else....

Now we are getting somewhere ! :cheer:
The lower temps have kicked them into high gear. They look beautiful my friend.
I am tickled for you.
:circle-of-love:

I am not going to use Snow Storm Ultra. I left you a comment in my Journal.

Now we are getting somewhere ! :cheer:
The lower temps have kicked them into high gear. They look beautiful my friend.
I am tickled for you.
:circle-of-love:

I am not going to use Snow Storm Ultra. I left you a comment in my Journal.

Thank you so much OMM, I'm tickled too, It's still a bit nerve wracking, coming up on the middle of flower...The sum of all produce is equal to all that has been done up to this point in my opinion, at least in regard to how the buds will grow. (Of course theres always the dry and cure((Most important to QUALITY imo)) But as far as how the plants will grow, I've done my LSTing, and topping, AAAAAND supercropping, so the training is done, and now we wait...........

Still could swear you said you use SSU....:bigtoke:

Hey Quix's, girls are looking very good as for the SSU I've been using it for the first time on my current grow an also the gravity an honestly makes a difference give it a little taste just to see how she reacts. I started adding it the 2 week into flowering with only 1ML an It says to add 1 tablespoon around the 4th week..Do you plan on adding the gravity? I was thinking of doing NL next grow is it worth it?

Thank you so much OMM, I'm tickled too, It's still a bit nerve wracking, coming up on the middle of flower...The sum of all produce is equal to all that has been done up to this point in my opinion, at least in regard to how the buds will grow. (Of course theres always the dry and cure((Most important to QUALITY imo)) But as far as how the plants will grow, I've done my LSTing, and topping, AAAAAND supercropping, so the training is done, and now we wait...........

Still could swear you said you use SSU....:bigtoke:

Hi Quix. :)
Well, now that everything is sorted out, you might be surprised what the girls will do in the next few weeks. You have set a good stage for it.

I said I was going to use SSU in the opening of my journal, but have since changed my mind. You might be thinking of a guy that had a stable, but is no longer with us. Hint! :)

Back
Top Bottom