Rabbit's Big Leap - High Brix With Doc's Kit

Pest update

I found an entire branch missing from my BCS mother tonight.
20170227_183324.jpg

Then I heard some rustling from inside the tent. I found the culprit.
20170227_183140.jpg

Her name is Rosalind. Fortunately she was well fed before she escaped her cage. Otherwise I might be getting out my seed stash to start over. Lucky for her she's so stinkin cute!
20170227_183135.jpg

Lol that looks like a great gardening buddy. I fostered a male rabbit and he loved when I ate kale so he could have all the unwanted stems. I wonder if Rosalind likes it when you trim fan leaves.

Sent from my SM-G920V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

24 hour composting

I have 3 rabbits. The tan one is Celia, actually my daughter's rabbit. Here they are getting to know each other and take a break from composting duty. Takes a while for rabbits to get along, looks like these 2 are finally ready for me to build a bigger cage they can share. 3rd rabbit is my avatar, Rosencrantz, an 11 pound butthead that doesn't get along with 2 cute girl bunnies. They are all fixed so if he changes his mind it won't be a problem.
20170225_113939.jpg

And this is the secret ingredient they make for me that I'll use in a future grow. Rabbit manure is a cold manure, so it won't burn plants even without composting. It's high nitrogen, low potassium, so pretty brixy stuff, but it would throw off the kit so I haven't used it in this grow.
20170225_115237.jpg

24 hour composting

I have 3 rabbits. The tan one is Celia, actually my daughter's rabbit. Here they are getting to know each other and take a break from composting duty. Takes a while for rabbits to get along, looks like these 2 are finally ready for me to build a bigger cage they can share. 3rd rabbit is my avatar, Rosencrantz, an 11 pound butthead that doesn't get along with 2 cute girl bunnies. They are all fixed so if he changes his mind it won't be a problem.
20170225_113939.jpg

And this is the secret ingredient they make for me that I'll use in a future grow. Rabbit manure is a cold manure, so it won't burn plants even without composting. It's high nitrogen, low potassium, so pretty brixy stuff, but it would throw off the kit so I haven't used it in this grow.
20170225_115237.jpg

Doe rabbits get territorial after they get 'middle-aged' and develop that ruff under their chin. If you do put them together, start out in neutral territory, like you did, or introduce a female into Rosencrantz's domain.

But since you did it right, you probably already know that.

I remember seeing a fight between rabbit does as a teen - quick and bloody with a definite winner - like a cock fight.
I guess Monty Python knew something about rabbits.

I wish I still had my fostered rabbit, he was really chill and made lots of potential fertilizer. He would just lay and let you pet him seemingly forever.

Doe rabbits get territorial after they get 'middle-aged' and develop that ruff under their chin. If you do put them together, start out in neutral territory, like you did, or introduce a female into Rosencrantz's domain.

But since you did it right, you probably already know that.

I remember seeing a fight between rabbit does as a teen - quick and bloody with a definite winner - like a cock fight.
I guess Monty Python knew something about rabbits.

I've been working on introducing them for 3-4 months. Saturday was a breakthrough day. They're both spayed so territorial issue will be minor. Still working on Rosencrantz. Progress is slow, it's been over a year. He likes being able to see the other rabbits, but in the open he either chases them off or runs away. At least he doesn't try to fight anymore. I've done this before and it's actually easier to introduce multiple rabbits than two. Now that the girls get along it shouldn't be too long for him.

And, yes, Monty Python knew about rabbits. Rosencrantz has scared the bejesus out of more than one visitor.

I wish I still had my fostered rabbit, he was really chill and made lots of potential fertilizer. He would just lay and let you pet him seemingly forever.

Thank you for fostering a rabbit. I adopted all 3 from the Humane Society and all spent time in foster care.

I've heard/seen the horroble wounds they can inflict vut was fortunate to have him as he never once in close to a year attempted to bite.
I was hooked to the little guy when I saw my first "binky" lol.

Our cat, River, tolerated the pet rats. He is OK watching small sparrows - but anything squirrel size or larger, including other cats gets him whipping his tail and gnashing his teeth through the window. He's a toothless indoor cat, but it's not just show. One time he escaped from the house to defend the yard against a big yellow tomcat, he had him cowering aginst the foundation under the porch for about 20 minutes before I removed lattice and gave the yellow cat an escape route. I haven't seen the yellow tom since.

Which is a long way of saying - no rabbits are allowed in our house. He's a good boy and takes good care of HIS family. Strangers are tolerated, but I wouldn't leave him alone in a room with anyone under 60 lbs :)

My father raised Giant Checkers for about 8 years. We almost always had cats and guinea pigs around. They just made chickens legal in our town (hens only.) They were legal to own in Massachusetts, but state law says chicks must be sold one dozen at a time - so retailers stopped carrying them.

Thanks for bringing animal thoughts into my day :)

Perspective

My needs have change a bit since I started this journey. My goals have been slower to change.

When I was starting my first grow it was literally a matter of life and death. Plus my brain and body were a mess following my 2nd round of chemo. A few months earlier, almost out of the blue, my oncologist had said "5 to 10 months" and my future vaporized. I had no perspective on anything except making it to 1 year, so I could make it to 2 years, so they could find a new treatment by then.

Finding out about cannabis gave me a possible future beyond that but still no perspective. I was grasping around at anything that would make this project work. I had to find the right strain, the best pheno, grow it perfectly and as many as possible. And by trying to do that I set myself back several months. I knew what I needed, everything all at once. I couldn't see a future in which I didn't have to grow as much as possible and struggle to keep everything going all the time.

I learned more about how different strains work, how to take it, how to make it more effective, all sorts of information that made me more and more confident that I would beat my cancer. But still little perspective on my life in general. That lasted well through my 2nd grow. I had moments of insight but they didn't connect into any sort of bigger picture.

It's been almost 2 months since my scan. I still find myself asking, "What next?" Answering that is going to be the goal for the next part of my journey.

:Namaste:

Brother, you've truly mastered your craft and if it means anything; you've inspired me to not just grow my plant but to live as well. Thank you for sharing

Perspective

My needs have change a bit since I started this journey. My goals have been slower to change.

When I was starting my first grow it was literally a matter of life and death. Plus my brain and body were a mess following my 2nd round of chemo. A few months earlier, almost out of the blue, my oncologist had said "5 to 10 months" and my future vaporized. I had no perspective on anything except making it to 1 year, so I could make it to 2 years, so they could find a new treatment by then.

Finding out about cannabis gave me a possible future beyond that but still no perspective. I was grasping around at anything that would make this project work. I had to find the right strain, the best pheno, grow it perfectly and as many as possible. And by trying to do that I set myself back several months. I knew what I needed, everything all at once. I couldn't see a future in which I didn't have to grow as much as possible and struggle to keep everything going all the time.

I learned more about how different strains work, how to take it, how to make it more effective, all sorts of information that made me more and more confident that I would beat my cancer. But still little perspective on my life in general. That lasted well through my 2nd grow. I had moments of insight but they didn't connect into any sort of bigger picture.

It's been almost 2 months since my scan. I still find myself asking, "What next?" Answering that is going to be the goal for the next part of my journey.

Your doing amazing KingstonRabbi. The knowledge and confidence that you and many others on 420 have given me is more valuable to me than anyone can ever know.
I'll be sending you some healing thoughts and positive vibrations.
I am so glad I've managed to find so many to share our journeys together.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Your doing amazing KingstonRabbi. The knowledge and confidence that you and many others on 420 have given me is more valuable to me than anyone can ever know.
I'll be sending you some healing thoughts and positive vibrations.
I am so glad I've managed to find so many to share our journeys together.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

So beautifully expressed!.❤️

Here's the funny thing. That started out as just a post about downsizing or at least reorganizing my grow because I don't need as much meds anymore. I guess the canna-butter capsule I took before dinner kinda got things flowing.

Thank you for the kind words, but I am far from mastering my craft as a grower or healer. My knowledge and confidence comes from the other members here. And GN30, I think I do understand how valuable this community is to you. It helped save my life, and I've seen it change others.

You can tell in your organization in both your journal writing and the pictures in your grows that you are continuing to improve health-wise! Your mind is so much more organized now. It's good to see because when we first met on here you were all over the place sometimes. I don't mean that in a negative way, just a way that points out what you are saying about how you are feeling now. It's worth noting that to show how much you really have improved in a short period of time.

On more of a green note, your bud quality and plants have improved right alongside with it. If you keep improving at this pace you will get that POTM sooner then later! I look forward to still being around following your journals when that happens!

Just go ahead and say it, I was a freakin' mess! :rofl: I would rather people think that than think of me as a bad grower.

When we both started here you were the good example and I was the horrible warning. I was a little jealous of your success, but I knew things would change for me eventually. (Well then, I guess I did have some perspective back then.)

Thank you for noticing my improvement. Sometimes I have a hard time telling how much I'm actually improving and how much I'm just getting used to it. You just gave me another boost to my confidence.

Back
Top Bottom