Remove top fans to improve light?

Grandma Weedstein

So I have got some big fan leaves right under the top cola that are basically shading out the smaller colas. Is it wise to remove them? I don’t really have room in the tent to train the side branches horizontally. This is just a small experiment I have in a small tent, just trying to get a preview of an outdoor plant of same strain.
83BC7DCA-3AE0-40B0-98C1-3F34DBCB6ECD.jpeg
5EA1A750-8CF2-4304-88DA-0B4FEF96B87E.jpeg

Look at the plant from directly overhead and trim just those fans that are blocking sites.
I'd cut them to give the other bud sites a better chance at getting bigger. :)
Ok good, that’s what I was going to do, just making sure I wasn’t being dumb. I mostly grow outdoor and the light is so penetrative that it’s not an issue.

Flowers don’t carry out photosynthesis, they are energy sinks so for big plentiful flowers you need those big fan leaves to produce carbohydrates to feed the flowers.

I like to remove them. I have a different reason for the removal of the fans and other leaves.
These bushed up leaves create little micro climates. under the canopy of thick leaves,you have drastic differences in temperature and humidity. Pluck them off to get the air flow and get rid of micro climates.
If you add plants to your tray and don’t deleaf, you are increasing you chances for pathogens to grow on your bud sites.
getting rid of that foliage is a great starting point to prevent powdered mildew

Back
Top Bottom