Thanks Krissi!!
It was a dream, one I thought lost completely when my health suffered. If you asked me a year and a half ago, where I'd be today- homeless possibly, would have been the answer.

Oh my :(
Things went bad quickly, but I won the lottery as far as getting some needed help and support (medical and legal).

Thank God!
And the skills I picked up here, learning to grow, will transform to food on our table just as fresh food prices are going insane. I was looking at some lettuce the other day. 5 bucks for a head of iceberg lettuce :eek:.

5 bucks!!
When you get a chance, look up NFT hydroponics on YouTube. I'll be setting something like that up, using 4x4 vinyl posts (they're hollow). One small room will feed our family fresh veggies daily!
If you decide you ever want to venture into trying some simple hydro for veggies lemme know, we can do an off topic thread in a different thread and I'll walk you through.

Thank you so much that sounds right up my future alley for sure! God bless you and Mrs. REX!
Thanks brother!!

So a quick recap and the last update on the grow. The nugs from all the plants are curing nicely. So far I'm only dipping into the White Berry Auto, while the rest cures (its got the most quantity).
The Bruce Banner Auto has a terrible pheno. I've kept pretty quiet on this, in hopes that the curing would bring a different smell. Nope. I got that lovely pungent smell of Cat urine. But I tried one small tester last night- definitely too early in the cure for a proper smoke report- but just tastes like potent weed.
The Somango, open a jar and get smacked by a citrus smell. Love it. Can't wait to test it.
The White Berry Auto, I've been smoking and makes for an excellent day smoke. Relaxes you a bit, has a small cerebral effect and turns the pain down a few notches. I micro dose steadily, and so far the White Berry Auto is doing its job, which is great as it's not fully cured yet.

For those of you who missed the weigh in photos; here's a quick recap.

The Bruce Banner Auto = 114g
The Somango Auto = 151g
The White Berry Auto = 271g

Total harvest yield: 536g

And onto the Nug photos that were taken today!

Thank you all for making this journal such a fun and wonderful experience.

And most of all, thank you to @ViparSpectra for making this journal happen!
Yours was relatively speaking not too bad to catch up on Rex!! Congrats again on the epic harvest. Terrible pheno? You're not a fan of the cat piss smelling one? Or were you joking? Those buds look like they'll taste oh so sweet man, good for you. And the Somango - must be killing you to wait on that!!!

Edit: you don't mean cat piss smell in the bad way do you? Like ammonia?

Niceeee! Good stuff Rexer, enjoy...
Thanks Mayne! It'll be put to good use!
Hey rex. Congratulations on a record breaking haul! Some gorgeous buds as well as the weight to match. Who says autos have low yield?!? Clearly they haven't met you yet haha. Can't wait to see what you do next :)
Thanks Moony! I love growing autos and have some high hopes of breeding a few of my own big yielders. It'll be relatively quiet for the winter, just a small grow (hopefully some pollen chucking). Next spring is when things will really ramp up. I have a few ideas in mind, and everything I need to do a nice outdoor grow, while I get working on the grow rooms (hopefully). Both will be sealed and light proofed. One will be for Autos, and the other for Photoperiods.
Yeah, but it's in the past:)
Thank God!
That exact sentence was used on more then one occasion in a relatively short span of time.
5 bucks!!
yup, I'm not paying that any longer then I have to. It's sad how junk is cheap, but healthy food is expensive.
Thank you so much that sounds right up my future alley for sure! God bless you and Mrs. REX!
Thanks Krissi. I bet you have just about everything you need, we'll start slow with one head of lettuce in what's the easiest method. You'll laugh at the simplicity. Say when and we'll start it up in the non-420 gardening section. I'll do a couple at the same time for fun!

Yours was relatively speaking not too bad to catch up on Rex!! Congrats again on the epic harvest. Terrible pheno? You're not a fan of the cat piss smelling one? Or were you joking?
Thanks Jon! Hope trim jail is treating you well!
To be honest I swear it smelled like it. But apparently it was just me, Mrs Rex smelled something better, spinach. :hmmmm:. Now it just smells like really dank weed. And you also see why I don't do too many smoke reports, other then how well it helps the pain and effects :laughtwo:
Those buds look like they'll taste oh so sweet man, good for you. And the Somango - must be killing you to wait on that!!!
Well, I tried the Somango this afternoon actually. It's by far the densest weed I've had. When grinding it's hard to turn the grinder, like it's fresh bud. But it's not, and it's at 65% roughly. It's just that resinous, I gotta keep some for Pressing.
Edit: you don't mean cat piss smell in the bad way do you?
Yup
Like ammonia?
Nope, thankfully no ammonia smell. I know what that signals. But as I mentioned, now even I agree, it just smells like really dank bud. The smell and taste will be coming out more in the upcoming weeks as it cures.

Thanks Mayne! It'll be put to good use!

Thanks Moony! I love growing autos and have some high hopes of breeding a few of my own big yielders. It'll be relatively quiet for the winter, just a small grow (hopefully some pollen chucking). Next spring is when things will really ramp up. I have a few ideas in mind, and everything I need to do a nice outdoor grow, while I get working on the grow rooms (hopefully). Both will be sealed and light proofed. One will be for Autos, and the other for Photoperiods.

Yeah, but it's in the past:)

That exact sentence was used on more then one occasion in a relatively short span of time.

yup, I'm not paying that any longer then I have to. It's sad how junk is cheap, but healthy food is expensive.

Thanks Krissi. I bet you have just about everything you need, we'll start slow with one head of lettuce in what's the easiest method. You'll laugh at the simplicity. Say when and we'll start it up in the non-420 gardening section. I'll do a couple at the same time for fun!

Thanks Jon! Hope trim jail is treating you well!
To be honest I swear it smelled like it. But apparently it was just me, Mrs Rex smelled something better, spinach. :hmmmm:. Now it just smells like really dank weed. And you also see why I don't do too many smoke reports, other then how well it helps the pain and effects :laughtwo:

Well, I tried the Somango this afternoon actually. It's by far the densest weed I've had. When grinding it's hard to turn the grinder, like it's fresh bud. But it's not, and it's at 65% roughly. It's just that resinous, I gotta keep some for Pressing.

Yup

Nope, thankfully no ammonia smell. I know what that signals. But as I mentioned, now even I agree, it just smells like really dank bud. The smell and taste will be coming out more in the upcoming weeks as it cures.
That's what I've found with cat piss smelling weed. It turns out real dank, but that's always been a good thing in my experience. That's why I asked. Isn't it interesting how much the smell and taste changes, especially, I think, in the first two weeks of the cure?
EDIT: Did I see you're going to build out dedicated, sealed grow rooms, one for autos and one for photos? DAYUMMM Boy!!!

That's what I've found with cat piss smelling weed. It turns out real dank, but that's always been a good thing in my experience. That's why I asked. Isn't it interesting how much the smell and taste changes, especially, I think, in the first two weeks of the cure?
Yup, you called that right on the nose. Two weeks into the cure, the smell I find it really starts getting better. I prefer a 3 to 4 week cure minimum.
EDIT: Did I see you're going to build out dedicated, sealed grow rooms, one for autos and one for photos? DAYUMMM Boy!!!
Thats the plan, hopefully it'll happen in spring, but the solar project will take priority. If need be I'll do another grow in the 4x4 tent, next summer. But then it's full steam ahead on getting the rooms built. I originally was going to do the one bigger one- then i halved the planned space into two rooms. It'll let me continue to grow my autos, and dip into the Photoperiods. Hopefully all on electricity produced here on the RexStead.

Ooo make sure you tag me in on the new journals buddy!

Thats the plan, hopefully it'll happen in spring, but the solar project will take priority. If need be I'll do another grow in the 4x4 tent, next summer. But then it's full steam ahead on getting the rooms built. I originally was going to do the one bigger one- then i halved the planned space into two rooms. It'll let me continue to grow my autos, and dip into the Photoperiods. Hopefully all on electricity produced here on the RexStead.
I like the idea of using the sun for energy to grow indoors. I'm a huge fan on photos. I like the option to do any amount of veg and grow plants to whatever size you want. Can't wait to see how they turn out :)

All caught up now...
So, 93 days, 3 autoflower plants and 536g yielded (plus trim). Not bad, I'll take it ;)
Congrats on a fantastic harvest!

And a belated congratulations on Grow Journal of the Month honors! :thumb:

Rexer said:
So, 93 days, 3 autoflower plants and 536g yielded (plus trim). Not bad, I'll take it ;)

Hah I just love it. Casual 90 day proggy and ending up with half of a kilo.
I’d take that as well, trust. :cheesygrinsmiley:

All caught up now...

Congrats on a fantastic harvest!

And a belated congratulations on Grow Journal of the Month honors! :thumb:
Thanks BeezLuiz! Appreciate everything! I've been smoking it- heck I'm about to roll up some white Berry, and it's definitely gets the job done!
Hah I just love it. Casual 90 day proggy and ending up with half of a kilo.
I’d take that as well, trust. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Hehe thanks Verbalist- I couldn't resist that wording! It basically comes down to growing 5.7grams per day the light was turned on, which is something I'm quite happy with!

Back
Top Bottom